Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - DHS W968 (Hurricane Long V Pro) Weight/Thickness?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

DHS W968 (Hurricane Long V Pro) Weight/Thickness?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
young dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DHS W968 (Hurricane Long V Pro) Weight/Thickness?
    Posted: 05/15/2017 at 1:25pm
I’m looking to buy a DHS W968 blade. The blades are the newer version with smaller face, 158 mm X 150 mm. The two I’m looking at are of the following weight / thickness:

1. 92.5 g / 6.04 mm
2. 90 g / 6.1 mm

The seller recommended the heavier one. Is there a difference really? I mean how closely am I gonna feel 2 grams, or for that matter, 3, 4 grams once rubbers are glued on? I rationalize that the first one feels better in a sense, because it’s heavier, yet thinner, so all else equal the plies are more closely glued, so the ball hits through the blade’s plies easier? Or am I completely overthinking this?

The commercial / cheaper version on DHS's Chinese website is said to be 92+3(g) and 5.9+0.1(mm), so I'm interpreting that to be 92-95 g and 5.9-6 mm, so the first one is closer to specs?

Please let me know, I have issues choosing when faced with options lol…

I know there’s always a risk buying unless you’re getting it directly from “the source”, but please focus on the question asked if you kindly respond. Thank you!
Sponsored Links

flash View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/16/2017 at 9:36am
1-2 grams can make the difference but the player make the difference. If you have strog arms and you are tall this difference it is not big deal. But for most of the player it is. Take in consideration that the blade it is a little oversize (158/150 vs clasic 157/150) and with heavy rubbers like T05 it will feel kind of head heavy. But the most important thing it is the balance of the blade (head, neutral, handle). A blade with better balance can feel lighter than a blade that iti is in fact lighter. In theory the one at 92,5 g should be more stable, with a bigger sweet spot, more powerfull but I tested several blade and that is only a relative fact.
Viscaria, FL

T05 hard, 2,1 mm, black, fh
T05 hard, 2,1 mm, red, bh.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic