Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov + GeneralSpecific
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov + GeneralSpecific

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov + GeneralSpecific
    Posted: 05/17/2017 at 4:03pm
Hey everyone! I had the tremendous pleasure of meeting TableTennis11 CEO Sergei Petrov this weekend. Mr. Petrov is many levels better than me but I'm just glad that I am good enough to be able to make sure that both of us had a good time (and at least good enough that he put some effort into his shots) It was great and quite refreshing to be able to play someone of his caliber. To anyone unfamiliar with his game, let me give you a tip: DO NOT serve long topspin to his backhand!!!

Many of you may remember my recent review of Nittaku Hammond FA and Yasaka Rakza PO short pips, provided by TableTennis11. During our meeting, I was given a sheet of Nittaku Hammond Power; Nittaku's latest inverted rubber, designed for the plastic ball, and made in Japan. I'm very excited to test this rubber out. Expect my completed video review of the rubber by the end of June or early July at the latest.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 05/21/2017 at 3:36pm
Blade - Butterfly Joo Saehyuk ST
Forehand - Xiom Omega 5 Asia
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
sspark80 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sspark80 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:23pm
Thanks for sharing.  I could tell you both had a lot of fun.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/17/2017 at 6:33pm
That dude is pretty skillful indeed. Respect!
Custom Viscaria 91g
H3 Neo Boosted 41/2.2
T64 2.1
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 1:18pm
I think it would be more accurate to say that hitting anything to his backhand is a touch risky...

I am about to order a sheet of Hammond Power from Tabletennis11 and see how it works on BH.

Edited by koshkin - 05/19/2017 at 1:19pm
Stiga Allround Bengtsson circa 1970s
FH: Nexy Karis H, max
BH: ????
207g
TT newbie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 3:47pm
I´m already a fan of this guy. 
I´m trying to play the same style, SP in my FH and inverted in the BH. And like Mr. Petrov, my BH is more agressive than FH, without same quality, of course.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 11:49pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I´m trying to play the same style, SP in my FH and inverted in the BH. And like Mr. Petrov, my BH is more agressive than FH, without same quality, of course.

what pips petrov has in his fh?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 2:22am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Nittaku Hammond FA. You should know that! I know that you of anyone watched my review where I talked about it!
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 2:26am
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I think it would be more accurate to say that hitting anything to his backhand is a touch risky...
I am about to order a sheet of Hammond Power from Tabletennis11 and see how it works on BH.

Trust me I'm well aware of how well he played against a legend like Ding Yi. Really impressive.
I'm going to start testing the Hammond Power I was given at the beginning of the month. I'm really curious about it.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 3:15am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Nittaku Hammond FA. You should know that! I know that you of anyone watched my review where I talked about it!

sorry wasnt aware that petrov played with pips. no booster what blade? is it hard to play against hammobd fa?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 3:26am
I doubt it was boosted and he is using a Ma Lin carbon for his blade. It was hard to play against HIM, it wasn't really his pips I had a problem with. He tried my Joo Saehyuk with Omega V Asia and hit some backhands faster than I thought was possible with my blade.

Edited by GeneralSpecific - 05/20/2017 at 3:27am
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 6:18am
Cool that he is in the US. Is he playing any events?
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Nexy Tibhar KJH FL
FH: Karis M B
BH: Karis M R
Lumberjack TT Exponent
No train, no gain.
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 7:08am
Thanks for sharing, it's good to know that the person behind tt11 is a good TT player. TT11 has been my new favorite store. I like how they create different sales discount options every week to keep the site interesting. Anyway, what BH rubber does he use? He seems to have a good brushy BH stroke to open and follow with a powerful punch style BH.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Cool that he is in the US. Is he playing any events?

Unfortunately, he is already gone. He was only here briefly for 3 days to check out New York for the first time.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

Thanks for sharing, it's good to know that the person behind tt11 is a good TT player. TT11 has been my new favorite store. I like how they create different sales discount options every week to keep the site interesting. Anyway, what BH rubber does he use? He seems to have a good brushy BH stroke to open and follow with a powerful punch style BH.

He uses Hurricane 8 on his backhand. I wouldn't say he has a specifically punch style backhand. He literally does all attacking strokes with it to a high degree.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by Believer Believer wrote:

He uses Hurricane 8 on his backhand. I wouldn't say he has a specifically punch style backhand. He literally does all attacking strokes with it to a high degree.
H8 backhand? That's a first.
Custom Viscaria 91g
H3 Neo Boosted 41/2.2
T64 2.1
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 4:40pm
Yep Hurricane 8 on his backhand. I honestly can't fault him for it. He brushes very well on his backhand and he hits hard enough to make good use of the hard sponge. Plus Hurricane 8 has more of a boosted feel and speed than any of the other Hurricanes.
koshkin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 1:42pm
If you have an active BH, chinese rubbers work just fine.  I played with H2 Neo on the FH and H3 Neo on the BH for quite a while and liked it.  I finally stopped with that when I got tired of having to try three or four sheets to get one that plays like the one before.  If they ever get their consistency worked out, I might try them again.

Honestly, with modern rubbers, almost any rubber can work for almost any player.  There are exceptions, of course, but the whole variety of equipment out there is because we "want" it, not because we "need" it.

Some world class players are very picky though.  As the story goes, a Chinese-born Ukrainian player, Kou Lei, had a hard time playing with Chinese rubbers which you kinda have to when you play in China.  He moved abroad and switched to Tenergy on the FH.  Apparently that made a difference and his playing level went up.  Now he is in the Top 25, I think.

ILya 
Stiga Allround Bengtsson circa 1970s
FH: Nexy Karis H, max
BH: ????
207g
Believer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Believer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/21/2017 at 1:53pm
If you play close to the table with short pips on one side, it may not be bad to use a relatively slower H8 rubber on BH.  He certainly uses it very well in his style of play.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic