FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Acoustic Inner Carbon vs Innerforce Layer ALC

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pham0167 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pham0167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Acoustic Inner Carbon vs Innerforce Layer ALC
    Posted: 05/18/2017 at 3:15pm
Anyone have any experience with both Nittaku Acoustic Inner Carbon compared with Butterfly Innerforce Layer ALC? Both are in the same price range with same limba-limba outer plies wood composition. Difference is handle size, FE Carbon vs Arylate Carbon, and center ply is tung tree vs ayous.

Do they play any different? Would you recommend one vs the other? Any difference in brand quality?
Sponsored Links

Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 3:27pm
How about the Waldner Senso Carbon by Donic? 
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by Simon_plays Simon_plays wrote:

WSC compared to Inn-ALC is a lot slower and flexier. Both feel like allwood but WSC is more like an ALL+ blade nowdays.
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
Simon_plays View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simon_plays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

WSC compared to Inn-ALC is a lot slower and flexier. Both feel like allwood but WSC is more like an ALL+ blade nowdays.

OK, so for me if I ever make the change from my Allplay the WSC would be the one to try first. Do you know what it is that makes flexier (and thus slower)? Something about the central ply?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 4:53pm
I think WSC still counts as OFF- in my opinion. It is at the slower end of OFF- but I don't think you can classify it as an ALL(anything) blade.

In terms of speed I'd rate them IFALC>Acoustic Inner=WSC

For my feel, there wasn't a lot of different in terms of speed between the Acoustic inner and the WSC but the WSC had a more "direct" feel to it. I still think the WSC is a great blade for its price, even with the 40mm plastic ball.
AMonteiro View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMonteiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 5:59pm

Originally posted by AMonteiro AMonteiro wrote:

OK, so for me if I ever make the change from my Allplay the WSC would be the one to try first. Do you know what it is that makes flexier (and thus slower)? Something about the central ply?

I belive it's flexier because it's thinner (around 5.6mm) and fleece carbon is also flexier compared to ALC.

And yes, even being slower I belive with the right rubbers WSC is still a great blade for its value also I don't think Inn-ALC worth its price. 

Edited by AMonteiro - 05/18/2017 at 6:02pm
Dynaryz AGR /Yasaka Goiabao 5 / Dynaryz AGR
pham0167 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pham0167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/18/2017 at 6:34pm
What about Donic Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon?
Olio View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Olio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/19/2017 at 3:57am
I have both Acoustic Carbon Inner (LFL) and IFL ALC (FL and ST), and I play with the IFL ALC.

My ACI is heavier, and yet feels lighter, with better balance. However, it also feels less solid, less powerful than my IFL ALC (esp. the ST, which feels more solid than the FL, I guess due to handle mass)

I do prefer the handle of the ACI though.

I also think the ACI is slower than the IFL ALC, with similar control.
I find the fleece carbon does not have as much dwell / softness as the ALC.

In terms of finish, can't fault either. The handle has smoother finish on the BTY compared to the ACI, but that's by design.

I can play with both, and would really recommend you try one before you buy, particularly as the handles can be so different.

Edited by Olio - 05/19/2017 at 4:38am
pham0167 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pham0167 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 5:30pm
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I don't have access to try them out and don't know anyone that has them and there are no pro shops close by.

I currently play with a Nittaku blade with flare handle size at 100 x 24. It looks like the IFL ALC flare handle is 100 x 25, might be too large. The Acoustic flare is 100 x 22, much too small. Acoustic flare large handle is 100 x 24.5, slightly larger than what I'm used to playing but is probably more comfortable than the 100 x 25 Butterfly handles.

Edited by pham0167 - 05/20/2017 at 5:40pm
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/20/2017 at 10:55pm
Yeah, I'm rocking the normal acoustic flare [5 wood ply]. Its ridiculously small and I'm no Donald j Trump with tiny hands.

Eventually will probably go for the 5+2 carbon acoustic with the Flared "Large" handle. Its tricky with blades, don't want to buy something that 'might' be better, but most likely is the same but could be worse. Cause its pretty difficult to get any decent return in NZ off a 2nd hand blade if it ends up being terrible. So opting for something that I know is good for me is probably good enough for me as long as I'm in college.

How long do blades last? I've had this one a long time now [6-7 years], but I was barely playing for 4 of those. The wear is not a huge consideration really, blades can play for decades well and my game has been improving markedly. The main thing is it's kinda small so getting a new one would mainly be so that I'm not having to make micro adjustments on the grip sometimes when changing from a forehand to backhand attack, I don't perceive it to be letting me down from a durability POV.

Plus, adding a 130-150 euro blade to your cart in TT11 makes everything else cheaper :)

Edited by Basquests - 05/20/2017 at 10:59pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic