Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Assist with blade Assemble

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ManaSV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Assist with blade Assemble
    Posted: 05/27/2017 at 3:23pm
Hello Guys!
I'm returning to table tennis, in my times I've used Stiga Active Master wood, Stag Peter Karlsson Rubber for FH and Stiga Boost TP on BH.

Now I'm using an Stiga Premade ***** with Premium rubber on BH and Tenergy 05 (very deteriorated) on FH (this blade was a gift from a friend because the first one was stolen).

But regarding the topic, I now want to assemble a new Blade and I'm considering the "chinese cheap Rubbers" as an alternative to brands like Stiga, Butterfly, Donic.. etc..

I really like my past wood (Stiga Active with Flared Master Handle) so maybe I can get it from amazon, but there are others alternatives from yinhe and palio for example, and dont know if its worth acquiring the stiga one.

And for rubbers I've played in the past with srivers, tenergys, and other rubbers, I like to play offensive, some budget rubbers I've seen recentely are: CJ8000, CJ8000 Biotech (Whats the difference between bio and non bio?) , Yinhe Moon, Sun, Mars, Big Dipper.

So I'm in a big dilemma at the moment, first which wood, and then which rubbers do you recommend for the wood.

I like to play both close and far from the table, it depends on the game, I'm kind of offensive player and like to play with spin.

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
Sponsored Links

arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 4:19pm
What is your budget?

I've never ordered from them before, but I seem to recall that both www.colestt.com and www.eacheng.net have some interesting and rather inexpensive combos.
If you want to get a Stiga blade, e.g., because you liked the handle, I'd suggest an Allround Evolution or Energy Wood. Note that the Energy Wood will be slightly faster and more head-heavy.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
ManaSV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 4:35pm
My budget is about $55, so I want a nice wood I can use in a long period of time, and for woods, not necessary to be Stiga as I said, the wood I mention was the one of my past paddle, I will search for the ones you recommend, but I'm open to another brands that may have a cheaper but similar solution.

h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 4:56pm
$55 isn't enough for a good custom combo IMHO. I would wait until I have $75-90 to spend and get a good blade that will last you years to come
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 5:26pm
ManaSV, IMHO, if your budget is fixed and not likely to increase in the next months, I would still get a new racket. If you're playing with a pre-made now, you'll greatly benefit from a custom racket, even an inexpensive. Have a look at the sites I've suggested.

Cole's TT has combos starting at about $30; for $45 you get a very decent racket: http://www.colestt.com/
Have a look at the Combos section.
Actually, sometimes I think about getting a $45 racket to see if I really would play that much worse than with my current setup...

Or, Stiga Allround Evolution can be had for 25$ with some luck and patience. An inexpensive but decent rubber can be had for less than $15. This would still fit your budget.
Join the Nexy Clan!
mttgfg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mttgfg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 5:33pm
I would go with yinhe w6(yinhe mc2 also option) if it has to be faster yinhe pro 5w, rubbers dhs h3n or skyline tg2n,tg3n(tacky)for fh, big dipper (semi tacky)can be played fh and bh, moon (grippy) fh and bh.

Edited by mttgfg - 05/27/2017 at 5:40pm
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 5:48pm
I played with Yinhe W-6: nice blade, too bad it wasn't available in ST...

Edit: typo

Edited by arg0 - 05/27/2017 at 5:49pm
Join the Nexy Clan!
ManaSV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/27/2017 at 8:28pm
Thank you very much for you recommendations! Will review the page you recommend as well as all the blades exposed here, I know I can get something great, and maybe I can get a bigger budget if necessary .

Thank you all :D!
ManaSV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 12:25pm
Sorry for double posting, after waiting some time and reading about a bunch of blades and rubbers, and some recommendations I found 3 blades that I like, but need to know a little bit about them in order to choose the right blade.

Note that im planning to buy the entire racquet on colestt, so I'm basing my options on his stock:

Blades are all from yinhe: W6, MC2, T8.

Three different blades, and the rubbers Im thinking are some of the Air rubbers.. my initial options where Galaxy Moon / Big Dipper, But I've never played chinese style rubbers (hard sponge and tacky) but I wanted those Yinhe because are "Max Tense" and maybe they were similar in speed to my tenergy 05 (is dead), but trying to "play safe" in the build, Im trying to combine the rubbers to make a good paddle, with very decent speed and spin.

As far as I read W6 is very soft and spinny, MC2 is kind of faster and has a bit of spin and T8 is the fastest of the three.

Which of the 3 blades are good for maybe.. Air Assasin / Illumina / Deffender rubbers? or correct me if these arent good rubbers for the game style I want or for the blades Im choosing.

Thanks again MTT community!
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 1:40pm
If you are coming from Tenergy  I would definitely say Air Assassin is the closest of the ones you listed.  W6 is a great control blade, but if you are looking for speed it probably is not what you want.  I have not played the T8  but specs look nice.  I recently switched from the Matrix to the PD437 and have been very pleased.  1 step up in speed (2+ steps up from W6)  from the Matrix and no loss of control.  If you like all wood blades I would highly recommend the PD437.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Mark
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/22/2017 at 10:02am
If you can raise your budget to just under $100, you should try the Fang Bo 2 Carbon with Hurricane 3 Neo on the forehand, and a nice medium hardness tensor rubber on the backhand :)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
ManaSV View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ManaSV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2017 at 11:22am
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

If you are coming from Tenergy  I would definitely say Air Assassin is the closest of the ones you listed.  W6 is a great control blade, but if you are looking for speed it probably is not what you want.  I have not played the T8  but specs look nice.  I recently switched from the Matrix to the PD437 and have been very pleased.  1 step up in speed (2+ steps up from W6)  from the Matrix and no loss of control.  If you like all wood blades I would highly recommend the PD437.

Good luck with whatever you get.

Mark

Thanks for your recommendation, the PD 437 seems pretty good!

Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

If you can raise your budget to just under $100, you should try the Fang Bo 2 Carbon with Hurricane 3 Neo on the forehand, and a nice medium hardness tensor rubber on the backhand :)

Thank you too for your recommendation, I'm not looking to spend too much at the moment and Im finding interesting rubbers/blades at low cost, anyway, thank you very much! :D

Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2017 at 12:24pm
Try zeropong.com
They have a lot of good but cheap Chinese rubber. They also have decent blades for under 20 dollars, and some around 30-40 dollars.

A good choice would be 729 Bomb with 729 SST Pro Team and/or Battle II.

729 Bomb is a blade with a proven track record, and SST Pro Team is a very high quality rubber. Battle II Is not as high quality as the Pro Team, but it is still very good.

The blade is 18 dollars, SST Pro Team is 14 dollars, and Battle II is 19.50 dollars, for a grand total of $51.50, not including shipping. This is if you buy everything and assemble it yourself.

If you choose to make the custom racket using zeropong's 'custom' option, the Battle II wil only run you $17.55, and the SST Pro Team will cost $12.60. This comes to a total of $48.15 (free asembly), not including shipping.

Edit: They also have H2 and H3 neo for $18.50 each, they are equally good choices.

Edited by Chairman Meow - 06/23/2017 at 12:28pm
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic