tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Table Tennis Communities > Table Tennis Clubs

North Virginia

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mon22 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Virginia
    Posted: 06/06/2017 at 7:05am
Any forum members play in the

-North Virginia Table Tennja Club
-Smash Table Tennis

I'm on vacation/scouting for a possible relocation and trying to look for a home club to play in
I am a total Newb. Come at me!
GMan4911 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GMan4911 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/06/2017 at 10:42am
Not to be confused with Northern Virginia Table Tennis Club (NVTTC) in Arlington, VA, there's also Northern Virginia Table Tennis Center (NoVATTC) http://www.novattc.com in Chantilly, VA.  A few forum members, including myself, play there.  Smash is about 10 minutes from NoVATTC.  NVTTC is about 30 minutes from NoVATTC. Other clubs in the area include http://wdctt.com/ in DC and http://mdttc.com in Gaithersburg, MD.  There are also a number of rec centers with table tennis.

If you're relocating to NoVA, it can be difficult to get to MDTTC and WDCTT during the week because of the traffic.

PM me if you need more info.

OSP Virtuoso+, Butterfly Tenergy 80/Tenergy 80
Yinhe T-7, Xiom Vega Asia/Xiom Vega Asia
Yinhe T-7, DHS Hurricane 3/DHS Hurricane 3
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2017 at 3:08am
For a year+ I played at both Smash TTC and Chantilly NoVATTC.

Monday/Wed are great days for meeting/playing 2200+ players, the owners teen daughter is solid 2000+. League on Sat 4 PM too.

Smash has league Tues/Friday

Like Gman sez, you need a private helicopter to go to MDTTC on a weeknight or WDCTT
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2017 at 3:09am
Owner of smash is 2200 level, his son is 2000 level whatever his rating fluxuates and is improving.
khmd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khmd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/08/2017 at 8:48am
http://www.pcttc.net/

Saturday from 9:30 to 1:30, you may come to this
club. Usually at least 20+ ratings 1900-2150 with
few above 2200, and 20+ ratings 1500-1900.
For non-member, you only need to pay $5 per time.
It also opens every Wednesday 6-10 but traffic may be bad.

MDTTC has league match Tuesday and Friday 7:30-, and fee is $10.
It has all ratings, and 6 person per group according to rating
to play a round robin, and also has Sunday League with rating 2100+
and for 1900-2100 you pay extra $5 in additional to $10 regular fee.
fourcourts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fourcourts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by mon22 mon22 wrote:

Any forum members play in the

-North Virginia Table Tennja Club
-Smash Table Tennis

I'm on vacation/scouting for a possible relocation and trying to look for a home club to play in

Hi Mon,

I am familiar with Northern Virginia TT Club (http://www.nvttc.org/) As the website states, they play in Madison Community Center in Arlington. I have not played there in years but if you are visiting, no problem dropping in a couple of times for free. They play in classrooms with one table per classroom. I believe 3 classrooms have tile and one has carpet. The level is around 1300-1600 but every now and then, higher level players come in.

As GMan said, there is also Northern Virginia TT Center in Chantilly. If you have limited time, I would definitely consider their Friday night league play. Same goes for Gaithersburg.
WeebleWobble View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeebleWobble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 12:40pm
A little further south in NC is Triangle Table Tennis, the largest facility in the country. In case moving to NC is an option.
mon22 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 1:37pm
I'll be back in the area to look for real estate from 30th to July 5th

Would love to meet some EJs

I'll be around tysons corner. Not sure how far these clubs are but I'll start searching
simon_xuan View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote simon_xuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 2:01pm
There is a Washington DC TTC around 15 miles driving distant from Tyson's Corner.
http://wdctt.com/
Gunston Community Center in Arlington has a good population of 1800 - 2200+ players:
https://parks.arlingtonva.us/parksfacilities/community-centers/gunston-community-center-weekly-schedule/. Holiday schedule might vary, thus call first will be preferred.
RPB Rocks!
HH3 | DHS NEO TG3 | Nittaku Fastarc P1

Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=36695
speedy View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/16/2017 at 8:36pm
mon22,

If you stay in Tysons Corner area, then you are in the middle of 3 different clubs.  You can go to MDTTC, NVTTC, or NoVATTC.

I work in the Tysons Corner Area.  I go to NoVATTC.  PM me your cell number.  We may go to the club together.

Speedy

Stiga Clipper CR
Hurricane 3
TSP Spectol
mon22 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mon22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 12:53am
Neat

Thanks guys

Speedy pm sent
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 2:30am
Speedy, I must have run into you over there at NoVA TTC... That is TEAMWORK offering to carpool, WTG.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic