FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 China Open June 20-June 24 Chengdu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 China Open June 20-June 24 Chengdu
    Posted: 5 hours 23 minutes ago at 4:37pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by kakapo kakapo wrote:

Shall we have a German championship final ?

Welcome to the ITTF World Tour China Open German National Championships 2017.

Jawohl.  Deutschland, Deutschland uber alles; uber alles in der Welt in table tennis, at least by default for the time being.

But...once ML, FZD, XX and Co., coached again by the indomitable Liu Guoliang, emigrate to Germany, the 2018 German National Championships will become for all practical purposes the 2018 ITTF World Tour Chinese Expatriate Championships (with Mr. Weikert's blessing, of course).
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
naijachief View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naijachief Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 38 minutes ago at 4:22pm
Originally posted by sandiway sandiway wrote:

Timo Boll used to be such a lethal player. He is laboring to beat Jiang Tianyi. He will win 4-3 but he is so done as a lethal force. The big ball was not kind to him either.

LOLLOL
who no know go know
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5 hours 58 minutes ago at 4:02pm

Shall we have a German championship final ?

Welcome to the ITTF World Tour China Open German National Championships 2017.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 6 hours 58 minutes ago at 3:02pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

Adam continues to talk about LGL inventing RPB (Reverse Penhold Backhand), but Wang Hao the most accomplished RPB player to date was already playing a fully developed RPB style, years before LGL came around with the RPB. I like Adam but you have to listen to his facts with a grain of salt. Someone tell him to stop preaching wrong info.

Really, have you got the time right? Seems to me Wang Hao best time came ca. 15 years after LGL's...

Ok, now I have to post a long one. Didn't mean to take up so much space. But, here we go.

I'm not talking about best times. I'm talking about the beginning of Wang Hao. LGL was born in 1976. WH was born in 1983. LGL didn't meet WH until WH joined CNT when WH was already an established successful player of RPB. WH started playing table tennis in 1990 at age 7 with RPB style from the beginning. LGL was 14 years old in 1990, did not know WH at this time and did not teach him RPB. They were team mates when they first met.

Wang Hao

Wang: I have chosen this style since I was very young. I don’t know exactly why I did that, but I think that I am well-suited to this style. When I first got in the PLA team and the national team, they did not think very highly of me, because I was playing a style that no one has tried before. But I eliminated their doubts with my performances.

http://home.covad.net/~chunglau/042303.htm

LGL's prime was 1995-2000. Wang Hao's professional career began in essence after winning Egyptian Open in 2002 and got in world ranking top 10. This is when the world saw the power of RPB for the first time. Rest is history. Penholders everywhere were beginning to learn this style. The point I'm making is that Adam is saying LGL invented RPB, which is not true. In fact, LGL hated it when he was forced to play RPB by his coaches. LGL was the first player who showed up in the world scene with it, although he rarely used it. Then, Ma Lin and XX, but they are still mostly penhold forehand players. Wang Hao was the first true RPB player, who showed the full potential of this style, dominating the world with #1 rating for 27 consecutive months from October 2007 to December 2009.

Edited by fortunateluck - 6 hours 43 minutes ago at 3:17pm
The Observer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 13 minutes ago at 12:47pm
What is going on with LGL? Any updates, insider info?
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 38 minutes ago at 12:22pm

Adam continues to talk about LGL inventing RPB (Reverse Penhold Backhand), but Wang Hao the most accomplished RPB player to date was already playing a fully developed RPB style, years before LGL came around with the RPB. I like Adam but you have to listen to his facts with a grain of salt. Someone tell him to stop preaching wrong info.

Really, have you got the time right? Seems to me Wang Hao best time came ca. 15 years after LGL's...
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9 hours 42 minutes ago at 12:18pm
Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Sun Solar Power. Boom Boom Boom. Will she win this competition.
I really like her fluid and relax style. She not only counter but counter with power.

penholderxxx

no, no solar power is sth like tai yang nan'...
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
Odie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 18 minutes ago at 11:42am
Dimo?  Tima?
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 hours 32 minutes ago at 11:28am
So a Germany vs Germany MS final
Probably going to be a 50/50 match between Dima and Timo
jfolsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 13 minutes ago at 10:47am
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

He (LGL) definitely did not invent it, I had watched a documentary about his career and there was a part explaining that he himself was reluctant to adopt the RPB that his coaches were trying to add to his game

My understanding is that multiple players in China were using the RPB for a while, but none of them were top level players. From there it took a while for it to catch on, sort of like the Chiquita flip.
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 16 minutes ago at 10:44am

Originally posted by AgReZz AgReZz wrote:

Niwa is not even trying same as Mizutani in wttc. Looks like Japan wants this kid to play as many matches as possible. 

Damned, you may be right because watching the result only makes me think of a slaughter.
Niwa didn't resist at all.

Looks like Niwa plays at 70% with passive serves and passive service returns.

Edited by pdotec - 11 hours 6 minutes ago at 10:54am
VladCeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 17 minutes ago at 10:43am
EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

......What if Sun YS loses to Ding Ning, or beats Ding Ning:
What are your estimates of those two different outcomes for Sun Yingsha?

After the victory over LSV:

Sun Yungsha - 2892 ranking/2812 rathing.

If she loses the D.N. - (-0 rath.point+48 bonus) = 2940 ranking/2812 rathing.

If she win - (+60 rath.point+54 bonus,Winner in Final ) = 3006 ranking /2872

(ITO Mima,Rank 2960 - nr.11...)

Edited by VladCeller - 10 hours 28 minutes ago at 11:32am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 34 minutes ago at 10:26am
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

The official publication of the new rating list on 5/7/2017 ...
I myself will be interested to compare .. ..Smile
====================
Sorry to bother you again.

What if Sun YS loses to Ding Ning, or beats Ding Ning:
What are your estimates of those two different outcomes for Sun Yingsha?

We all know that your calculations are estimates and could have mistakes. Your work is mighty interesting.

skip3119
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 44 minutes ago at 10:16am
Originally posted by pongfugrasshopper pongfugrasshopper wrote:

Originally posted by kindof99 kindof99 wrote:

It is a little odd that all audience in the stadium supported Timo, not Harimoto. My feeling is that Harimoto will not have any chinese fans, now or for ever.

He's their biggest threat in the years to come.  Plus Timo has been popular in China for a long time.  You have to marvel at what Harimoto has been able to accomplish at 13.

It is more about that Harimoto and his father were talking in chinese in game breaks, but Harimoto acted so Japanese wanting to defeat China. 
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 48 minutes ago at 10:12am

It is a little odd that all audience in the stadium supported Timo, not Harimoto. My feeling is that Harimoto will not have any chinese fans, now or for ever.

He's their biggest threat in the years to come.  Plus Timo has been popular in China for a long time.  You have to marvel at what Harimoto has been able to accomplish at 13.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 51 minutes ago at 10:09am

FYI, Sun Yingsha was 2:1 up against LSW in their 2016 super league match. 
===========
Here in China Open, Sun Yingsha beat LSW:  4-0.
(I could never have imagined that.)

So, combining both last year's CTTSL and this China Open, Sun Yingsha against LSW's record:  3:1.

Edited by skip3119 - 11 hours 44 minutes ago at 10:16am
skip3119
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 57 minutes ago at 10:03am
FYI, Sun Yingsha was 2:1 up against LSW in their 2016 super league match. 
VladCeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 59 minutes ago at 10:01am

skip3119 View Drop DownPosted: 15 minutes ago at 9:47am

1 - Yes, included.

(Please, just remember that I'm not a professional ITF employee, and somewhere I could make a mistake in the calculations ....)Confused

The official publication of the new rating list on 5/7/2017 ...
I myself will be interested to compare .. ..Smile

2 - Thank you .. I'm glad if my posts are of interest to someone ....Embarrassed

Edited by VladCeller - 11 hours 54 minutes ago at 10:06am
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 60 minutes ago at 10:00am
Anyone know why Rosskopt, the German coach not present?
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 hours 60 minutes ago at 10:00am
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 5 minutes ago at 9:55am
Boll over Harimoto 4-1.

Looked like a classic example of experience triumphing over youth. This is a great example of experience really coming into play.

Not a fan of Harimoto's cho-ing but the body language and frustration between points really makes me feel for how much insane pressure this kid must go through.

Props to Boll, hope he wins the whole thing.

Edited by iamj8 - 12 hours 3 minutes ago at 9:57am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 13 minutes ago at 9:47am

Sun Yingsha.

If Sun Yungsha wins from F.T.  and will reach the semifinal-at least 11-12 place in the new ITTF rating ....

World Ranking 7/2017 - General List - Women.
5  - HIRANO Miu - 3142
6  - FENG Tianwei   - 3098
7  - ISHIKAWA Kasumi - 3090
8-9 - HAN Ying , CHENG I-Ching
10 - ITO Mima    -  2960
SATO Hitomi    - 2890
WU Yang        - 2866
Sun Yungsha - 2832 ranking/2752 rathing + SF (+F?)
(If he wins in the finals, he will enter the top 10)

Sun Yungsha - 2892 ranking/2812 rathing + Final vs D.N.
If she loses the D.N. - (-0 rath.point+48 bonus) = 2940/2812
(
ITO Mima    -  2960 )
If she win - (+60 rath.point+54 bonus) = 3006/2872
Rank 3006 - min nr.10 ( or even 9?)
==========================

About Sun Yingsha's ranking points and ranking estimates, have those estimates already included her winnings against Feng Tianwei (4-0) and Liu Shiwen (4-0)?

Thank you very much for your hard work and keeping forumers here informed.

skip3119
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:45am
I ain't playing Dima again, forget that. Better lose to Timo quickly and get out of here
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo FH
Acuda P2 BH
Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon Penhold
blahness View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:45am
Timo Boll having some crazy comebacks in game 3 and 4 and is up 3-1! Shows that experience really does matter.... Harimoto's just eating serves for breakfast and getting bamboozled on Timo's returns...
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
kakapo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 15 minutes ago at 9:45am
TCHOLEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Never faster than the max....
blahness View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blahness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 24 minutes ago at 9:36am

German Final on the way.

Think Harimato's dad wanted him to play a bit safer in the short game and play for the counter rallies...
-------
Tacky rubber lover :)

Stiga Clipper CR

FH: Hurricane 8
BH: Hurricane 8
kakapo View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kakapo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 33 minutes ago at 9:27am
German Final on the way.
Never faster than the max....
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 37 minutes ago at 9:23am

He (LGL) definitely did not invent it, I had watched a documentary about his career and there was a part explaining that he himself was reluctant to adopt the RPB that his coaches were trying to add to his game

Edited by jk92 - 12 hours 37 minutes ago at 9:23am
DHS Hurricane 3 Neo FH
Acuda P2 BH
Stiga Offensive Classic Carbon Penhold
AgReZz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AgReZz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 42 minutes ago at 9:18am
Out of sync sound in the stream Angry
sandiway View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandiway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 hours 48 minutes ago at 9:12am
Hopefully, the Harimoto Boll semi-final will be interesting. Go Harimoto!

EDIT: Game 1 to Harimoto. Boll is not comfortable.
EDIT: Game 2 to Boll. A bit lucky. But Boll is getting more comfortable.
EDIT: Game 4 will prove to be crucial. Boll came back and took it. His topspin is causing Harimoto problems. And the sidespin variant leads leads to blocking errors.
EDIT: Game 5. Boll has Harimoto completely figured out. Anticipates Harimoto's placement. Makes Harimoto guess wrong.

Edited by sandiway - 12 hours 1 minutes ago at 9:59am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic