tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 China Open June 20-June 24 Chengdu

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Men's singles is gonna be boring.

It's boring.
well... the number of high risk shots was not high indeed... I wished Timo won.
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
fortunateluck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fortunateluck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 5:27pm
We've all done it before, losing from 10-6 and winning from 6-10. We all know how it feels, and usually know that it's happening when it's happening. There is nothing that can be done to change the course of action. It's proof that life is predestined.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 7:44pm
Add to the benefits of playing table tennis:

You think about philosophy of life. Is your fate really predetermined? Einstein thought so but there is more to it.

Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by fortunateluck fortunateluck wrote:

We've all done it before, losing from 10-6 and winning from 6-10. We all know how it feels, and usually know that it's happening when it's happening. There is nothing that can be done to change the course of action. It's proof that life is predestined.

No. It is proof that we all sometimes choke but if you think it is predestined there is no point in trying to improve. I think it is a bad excuse for choking but it has the advantage that nobody can easily disprove it.
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 8:40pm

[/QUOTE]

No. It is proof that we all sometimes choke but if you think it is predestined there is no point in trying to improve. I think it is a bad excuse for choking but it has the advantage that nobody can easily disprove it.[/QUOTE]

And all those matches I lost I thought it was my poor play.  Now I know it was predestined and It wasn't my fault.  I should have checked my destiny before buying good rubber and taking lessons.

Boy am I stupid.
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 9:52pm
Predestined or not...  Yes, I have been on both ends of this, and it is always very dramatic to participate in a chase like that. The last time, unbelievably, I was down 2:10 (!) in the fifth and the last game of an important league match, just to pull a 15:13 victory. Of course I was lucky, but I also was focused immensely, probably like never before in my life... Please pardon me the comparison...Big smile

I guess, at 10:6 in the 7th, Timo simply lost the focus - maybe, after ll the injuries he had, beating Dima in a high level final had never really been in his mind? 
(1) Stiga Cipper Wood (ST, 92 g) with Focus 3 Snipe (red, 2.1 mm, 42 deg) on FH and 0.6mm Dr N. Desperado on BH (2) Juic SBA (Fl, 94 g) with Nimbus Soft (red max) on FH and 0.5mm Curl P1R on BH
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 10:02pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

No. It is proof that we all sometimes choke but if you think it is predestined there is no point in trying to improve. I think it is a bad excuse for choking but it has the advantage that nobody can easily disprove it.[/QUOTE]

And all those matches I lost I thought it was my poor play.  Now I know it was predestined and It wasn't my fault.  I should have checked my destiny before buying good rubber and taking lessons.

Boy am I stupid.
[/QUOTE]

Mts388,

You are ok.  It is one of the lesser known TT facts that shots with long pips disrupt the time-space continuum and nullify any sort of predestination.  So just keep taking those lessons.

Mark

mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by mjamja mjamja wrote:

Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

No. It is proof that we all sometimes choke but if you think it is predestined there is no point in trying to improve. I think it is a bad excuse for choking but it has the advantage that nobody can easily disprove it.

Boy am I stupid.
[/QUOTE]

Mts388,

You are ok.  It is one of the lesser known TT facts that shots with long pips disrupt the time-space continuum and nullify any sort of predestination.  So just keep taking those lessons.

Mark
[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure you saying I'm okay is a positive thing if you're the point of reference.
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by JacekGM JacekGM wrote:

I guess, at 10:6 in the 7th, Timo simply lost the focus - maybe, after ll the injuries he had, beating Dima in a high level final had never really been in his mind? 
It's at these moments I always get annoyed with Timo's lack of creativity in his service game (it's a repetitive pattern in his matches). TOO SAFE Ouch "You gotta risk it for the biscuit" If he could have pulled out a Fang Bo style long fast serve, or a Par Gerrell style shovel serve, I think it would have caught Dima offguard enough to prevent a strong receive.
VladCeller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladCeller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 1:05am
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

Sun Yingsha.

The final result - 2940 Ranking ,
No.11 in the rating list ITTF  of 7/2017...
Mima Ito will have 2960
But!

When calculating the rating list for 8/2017.
Overdue bonus points (accrued a year ago) will be deducted.
nr.10  
Mima Ito  - 2960 -36 deducted bonus point = 2922 Rank...
nr.11 
Sun Yingsha - 2940-0=2940

To stay in the top 10, Mima Ito should have a very good result to show on Open Australia ....

Taking into account six Chinese women, four of them with small ratings that do not correspond to the real level of their game ....

Chances to stay in the top ten at Mim Ito is very small ...
Its place may take San Yungsha ....

A small adjustment ....
Sun Yingsha takes part in the 2017 Asian Junior and Cadet Championships.
Korea   Jun.29 -Jul. 4

If the results of this tournament are included in the rating for July 2017 - it can now enter the top 10 ...
While she still has an old low rating of 2309, she can score good points ....Sufficient in order to get around Mima Ito ....

For example, at the 2016 Asian Junior & Cadet Championships
16 Sep 2016 - 21 Sep 2016, Bangkok, Song Yingsha scored 35 points ...
Although it was not the first ...
The winner, QIAN Tianyi scored 46 points ... 

Edited by VladCeller - 06/26/2017 at 12:21pm
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 10:17am
Reportedly that Sun Yingsha played Liu Shiwen 3 times in last year's CTTSL, and leads 2-1.
(Someone else posted this info on this thread earlier.)

Question:  Has Sun Yingsha played Ding Ning in last year's CTTSL?

(Note:  As pointed out by several forumers here that Sun Yingsha lost to Ding Ning in 2017 China Open
--- mainly because Sun couldn't return Ding's serves properly.)
skip3119
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 10:40am
Originally posted by BMonkey BMonkey wrote:

It's at these moments I always get annoyed with Timo's lack of creativity in his service game (it's a repetitive pattern in his matches). TOO SAFE Ouch "You gotta risk it for the biscuit" If he could have pulled out a Fang Bo style long fast serve, or a Par Gerrell style shovel serve, I think it would have caught Dima offguard enough to prevent a strong receive.

Timo inability to get some EASY points off his serves seems to hurt him ... especially now that he is older/slower.
jfolsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 10:43am

Agreed. If I am up 10-6 against an opponent equal or slightly better than myself I usually try one surprise serve.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 11:06am
Timo had some good serves that Dima missed in the 5th and 6th games. Dima could not return Timo's short backhand reverse serve very well. But at one of the match point, Timo decided to serve short forehand serve to Dima's back hand.

Anyway, thumbs up to Dima to hold it tight under the pressure. 
qpskfec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by pdotec pdotec wrote:

Timo inability to get some EASY points off his serves seems to hurt him ... especially now that he is older/slower.

Here are Timo's service points in game 7:

1 - Timo 3rd ball winner
2 - Timo 3rd ball winner
3 - DO pops up receive, Timo misses easy kill by clipping top of net
4 - DO misses 4th ball
5 - DO returns serve way off the table
6 - Timo serve too long, DO wins 4th ball

score is now 8-6 Timo
7 - DO returns serve long off table
8 - DO returns serve into net - Timo now leads 10-6

DO wins both of his service points, score now 10-8

9 - DO wins extended rally
10 - DO hits winner off serve
11 - DO 4th ball winner to end match

It's valid in hindsight to say that Timo could have used more variation on his last 3 serves. However, for game 7, he served well and generated 6 easy points:

3 points directly on serve - DO returned off table or into net
3 easy 3rd ball attacks, Timo converted 2/3, missing an easy one

At 8-6, DO missed both serve receives directly to go down 6-10. At that point Timo had won 6/8 points on his serve, so its not hard to see why he continued with the same service pattern.
BMonkey View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 3:25pm
Originally posted by qpskfec qpskfec wrote:

Originally posted by pdotec pdotec wrote:

Here are Timo's service points in game 7:

1 - Timo 3rd ball winner
2 - Timo 3rd ball winner
3 - DO pops up receive, Timo misses easy kill by clipping top of net
4 - DO misses 4th ball
5 - DO returns serve way off the table
6 - Timo serve too long, DO wins 4th ball

score is now 8-6 Timo
7 - DO returns serve long off table
8 - DO returns serve into net - Timo now leads 10-6

DO wins both of his service points, score now 10-8

9 - DO wins extended rally
10 - DO hits winner off serve
11 - DO 4th ball winner to end match

It's valid in hindsight to say that Timo could have used more variation on his last 3 serves. However, for game 7, he served well and generated 6 easy points:

3 points directly on serve - DO returned off table or into net
3 easy 3rd ball attacks, Timo converted 2/3, missing an easy one

At 8-6, DO missed both serve receives directly to go down 6-10. At that point Timo had won 6/8 points on his serve, so its not hard to see why he continued with the same service pattern.
In particular, the point at which he should have tried a service variation is at 10-8 for him. He had 1 more serve if it didn't work and he was having big time problems controlling the length of the serve throughout the game. Also, Ovtcharov was getting progressively more aggressive in his receiving throughout game 7 as his discomfort from game 6 disappeared.

I remember thinking at that point he'd go for a reverse pendulum short forehand with side-under on it, but then he did that floaty half long serve right into Ovtcharov's backhand wheelhouse of death and I went Cry
kindof99 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 3:27pm
Timo changed to pendulum serve instead of inverse pendulum serve at the end
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by VladCeller VladCeller wrote:

[QUOTE=VladCeller] Sun Yingsha.
A small adjustment ....
Sun Yingsha takes part in the 2017 Asian Junior and Cadet Championships.
Korea   Jun.29 -Jul. 4

If the results of this tournament are included in the rating for July 2017 - it can now enter the top 10 ...
=====================

The result of ITTF ranking for July just came out.
Sun Yingsha is #10.

Sun Yingsha's previous available ranking was #82 (January, 2017), then take a quantum jump to #10.

What a great estimate by VladCeller!!!!!

If China sends Sun Yingsha to play more in ITTF World Tours, she may have the potential to reach top 5.

Edited by skip3119 - 07/07/2017 at 2:58pm
skip3119
pongfugrasshopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pongfugrasshopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 4:58pm
She will be a future number one. Right now DN has a huge lead on everyone. She needs to work on her serve return (DN's tomahawk serve), but other than that, her skills are superb. She beat LSW 4-0 at the China open!!! We'll see if she can continue her incredible run, but I think it's inevitable she'll be at the top.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic