FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The Claw Grip

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Claw Grip
    Posted: 06/18/2017 at 12:23pm
I'm reminded of the Get Smart villian The Claw, a.k.a The Craw. He may have played Max a game of ping pong if I recall correctly, but couldn't find any video of that online.

Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 10:58am
Reminded of this.  The Baron von Raschke and his Iron Claw.

BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 5:30am
PPHolic, I think in2spin and I both caused trouble, but this dude BRINGS IT !!! A whole different way than you do. We are all essentially similar levels with different emphasis on certain shots. You bring the house with countering and opening power + plus varying serves. In2spin brings it with impact control vs pushes and topspins (very few people can control the ball the way he does) and pick hit finish by-ya power. I bring it with heavy spin openers and serves. It all comes out in the wash.. but no one should under-sell in2spin.. or they risk getting CLAWED !!

I instigated some doubles on a slow club day, the TT forums know how much I like doubles.

in2spin has been causing trouble for years me thinks, I am only a newcomer to that game. It is a wonder he didn't get on the NSA terrorist hit list... he surely terrorizes players in Bay area.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
PingPongHolic10 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongHolic10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 12:34am
There he goes again....causing trouble
My FS/FT

Member of Yinhe,OSP & Nexy Clan
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by in2spin in2spin wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEYr-JvrHas&t=63s

The boy has a 'different' grip.

:)
in2spin "Claw-Gripped" me late in 5th coming back from 0-2... Got him back in doubles...

Man, in2spin can really control grip pressure at impact to control the spin and give back anything, one tough customer.

Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 9:56pm

The little boy makes great use of the reverse penhold forehand!
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 3:36pm

heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 12:48pm

Is that like the '4-sided grip' ?

I have a CD-Rom labeled '4-sided grip' the video was produced in China.

or Tom Veattch (sp?) did a whole bunch on a grip similar.

A bent paddle like Tom Veatch's might help the Claw.
Dr.Cho View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr.Cho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 12:24pm
I am always excited to see anything new or different in the way of table tennis paddles or grips.
I would think maybe the slight angles you get in this grip might make more of a difference in error though.

Seems you want angles or stroke to be as similar as possible each time to be consistent.
I have made lots of paddles with different grips and love to try each one out but that does not equal consistency but its fun.

in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 11:45am
Is that like the '4-sided grip' ?

I have a CD-Rom labeled '4-sided grip' the video was produced in China.

or Tom Veattch (sp?) did a whole bunch on a grip similar.

Edited by in2spin - 06/14/2017 at 11:48am
heavyspin View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/14/2017 at 10:42am
Don't know if anyone else has tried this. Here's an alternative grip - haven't decide whether to call it "Reverse Seemiller" or "The Claw." Created and demonstrated in this video by my big brother (note that "big" in this context means older). BH is similar to Seemiller but the other side is used for FH. The index finger curls along the racket's edge.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic