Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Help: Damaged Tenergy Topsheet

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help: Damaged Tenergy Topsheet
    Posted: 06/17/2017 at 2:00am
I removed my Tenergy 64 a few weeks ago and left it in a bat case with some other sheets of rubbers and blades.  I was going to stick it on but saw that it had been damaged as per the photo below.  Ouch

My guess is that the blades must have pressed against it while in the case, though there wasn't much pressure and I have never had this problem before. Perhaps it's due to the taller pips..

When I brush my finger over the marks, they are a bit depressed making for a slightly uneven surface. All the water glue has been removed from the sponge and the condition of the sponge is perfect.

Does anyone know any way to remedy the problem?  If not, would it still be worth playing with this sheet?  Maybe the damage is marginal in the wider scheme of things but I don't want this to affect my play.

Thanks.

Edited by iamj8 - 06/17/2017 at 8:42pm
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
ronakvyas86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronakvyas86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 4:12am
It's probably due to breaks/cracks in sponge. Topsheet looks fine to me

Edited by ronakvyas86 - 06/17/2017 at 4:14am
Yasaka Goiabao 5 CPEN, Donic Baracuda MAX FH & RPB
ericd937 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 5:08am
The pimples underneath could be broken too.
Blade: Xiom Zetro Quad
TSP - Spectol Blue (1.7-1.9)
Andro - Rasanter R42 (Max)

USATT Rating 1815
Estimated playing level 1950ish.
(Living in Asia since December 2015, no USATT events here)
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 6:31am
Don't think it's the sponge since it looks unblemished on the underside.

Yeah I think it is probably the pimples that are broken. Will probably give it a whirl anyway but pretty disappointed since my other Tenergy sheets have been quite sturdy.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
notfound123 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 7:54am
It's fine.. i've had this.
I had another racket pressing against a sheet of t05 or t64 (i forget which one it was) in a case. It looked kind of like that. Leave it alone and it will restore its shape after a few weeks.

Edited by notfound123 - 06/17/2017 at 7:55am
JSH | T05 | Curl P-1R
firetack View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote firetack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 8:43am
You could try warming it with a hairdryer that might reverse whats happened mre quickly,recommend sticking the rubber onto your blade it will shrink if left off
blade:donic defplay senso fh/tenergy 05 fx 1.9 ,feint 3 0,5

iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 8:48am
Thanks guys, that's some very reassuring news.

firetack, which side do a blow dry?  Sponge or topsheet?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 5:33pm
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

I removed my Tenergy 64 a few weeks ago and left it in a bat case with some other sheets of rubbers and blades.  I was going to stick it on but saw that it had been damaged as per the photo below.  Ouch

My guess is that the blades must have pressed against it while in the case, though there wasn't much pressure and I have never had this problem before. Perhaps it's due to the taller pips..

When I brush my finger over the marks, they are a bit depressed making for a slightly uneven surface.

Does anyone know any way to remedy the problem?  If not, would it still be worth playing with this sheet?  Maybe the damage is marginal in the wider scheme of things but I don't want this to affect my play.

Thanks.

remove the water glue in the sponge .this happens when the rubber bends
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 6:01pm

Simple Solution

Discard the rubber

Buy new rubber

Actually I have had that happen with some other rubber, just left it out in the open air for a couple of days and it reverted back to normal smooth without wrinkles.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 8:44pm
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

Actually I have had that happen with some other rubber, just left it out in the open air for a couple of days and it reverted back to normal smooth without wrinkles.

Cheers for that. Does it matter if I glue it on or not?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 9:07pm
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Cheers for that. Does it matter if I glue it on or not?

Mine was glued on the blade when it happened​ and reverted back. I did press it with my fingers lightly to try to get the wrinkles out.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/17/2017 at 10:06pm

Mine was glued on the blade when it happened​ and reverted back. I did press it with my fingers lightly to try to get the wrinkles out.

Sounds good. Will report back in the next few days.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic