Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

The spiniest tensor rubber

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
gianquittia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gianquittia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2017 at 11:05pm
I find rakza 7 soft pretty spinny.  Tenergy 05 is spinny as well.  Victas v > 01 is pretty grippy and spinny.  Rakza 7 soft is my fav of the 3, because it is lighter. I like them all away from the table.  But opening loops closer to the table, my hit percentage goes up substantially with rakza 7 soft.  It's probably a bit more forgivable. 
Timo Boll Zlf
FH Yasaka Rakza 7 1.9
BH Yasaka Rakza 7 Soft 1.9
Sponsored Links

unstopabl3 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote unstopabl3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2017 at 9:49am
Originally posted by gianquittia gianquittia wrote:

I find rakza 7 soft pretty spinny.  Tenergy 05 is spinny as well.  Victas v > 01 is pretty grippy and spinny.  Rakza 7 soft is my fav of the 3, because it is lighter. I like them all away from the table.  But opening loops closer to the table, my hit percentage goes up substantially with rakza 7 soft.  It's probably a bit more forgivable. 

Which sponge thickness you use for rakza 7 soft? Generally I've used it for my weak BH and felt it to be a bit soft and weak for strong FH attack.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 4:15pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Neither manufacturer invented the wheel anew.
Just different fancy names for the same technology, using similar chemical processes.

You think so?

Tenergy has a weight that feels like water moving inside a tank.

I don't feel that in ESN Tensors.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by carbon136 carbon136 wrote:

I used to play with Baracuda for like 4 years before switching to Tenergies. I also think it's spinnier than T05. Baracuda is softer than T05 (similar to T80) and that's why I think it feels spinnier on brushing loops and slower to medium fast loops, but I think when you play a loop with full power and full arm swing, T05's spin is equal if not better than Baracuda's. They also have a very similar high throw angle. The only BIG problem of Baracuda is that it's very sensitive to incoming spin, because of the grippy topsheet, so it's very difficult to block and counterloop. That's the only reason why I switched to Tenergy, it's less spin sensitive.

I hate comments like this because it makes me want to switch rubber. Baracuda is all I'm using for now, tho. Mostly because the price is simply more friendly to my occasional table hits. It would be very nice to find a rubber that was less spin sensitive on passive play and had very similar properties to t05 or barracuda with a price under $40 USD. That would be my holy grail of TT rubber.

Edited by wilkinru - 06/26/2017 at 4:48pm
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 6:03pm
Used Tenergy!!Tongue

Seriously, I knew a guy who would buy used tenergy 05 off of ebay because it was a lot cheaper (8-40 dollars depending on condition). He also likes when the tenergy is used enough to be insensitive to spin, but can still generate enough spin
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 7:33pm
I'm worried that what makes a top sheet spinny also makes a top sheet sensitive to spin.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
frogger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 8:20pm
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

I'm worried that what makes a top sheet spinny also makes a top sheet sensitive to spin.

Excellent point. Spin means nothing if the ball keeps coming back and you lose the point.
Wood Paddle
Red side
Black side.

liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/26/2017 at 9:05pm

Become a better player and it doesn't matter. I don't mean to be an asshole when I say that, but if you're that worried about spin sensitivity why don't you just play with anti? Good technique will pay massive dividends as you become a better player, so you should know how to read and counter spin accordingly.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2017 at 3:38am
Yesterday I spent some good three hours playing with my new Rakza 10 and I must say I am impressed by its control/spin/speed ratio. Superb feeling, but my answer to the OP would be that with the new ball there isn't such a difference in the spin properties of the new tensors. Most likely the ball will come back. What matters is the ability to keep the pace of the ball and applying pressure. Spin helps to keep the ball on the table and unfortunately it isn't the most important factor to make a point(for now)
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2017 at 10:28am
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

Used Tenergy!!Tongue

Seriously, I knew a guy who would buy used tenergy 05 off of ebay because it was a lot cheaper (8-40 dollars depending on condition). He also likes when the tenergy is used enough to be insensitive to spin, but can still generate enough spin

what spinny grippy rubber can be used for kids learning to spin the ball? not cheap hard rock sponge...haifu,syline 3.60...?
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2017 at 11:25am
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Used Tenergy!!Tongue

what spinny grippy rubber can be used for kids learning to spin the ball? not cheap hard rock sponge...haifu,syline 3.60...?

Any medium soft or soft rubber would work well (excluding anti and pips). Maybe one of the Xiom Vega series? or Hurricane 3-50?
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2017 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Become a better player and it doesn't matter. I don't mean to be an asshole when I say that, but if you're that worried about spin sensitivity why don't you just play with anti? Good technique will pay massive dividends as you become a better player, so you should know how to read and counter spin accordingly.

I think you read that the wrong way. If I was to get a rubber that made less spin then that would be no good.

So less spin would be what I'm worried about.

Yeah, people still serve me off the table. It would be nice to have that not be the case and I do need to get better at it.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2017 at 3:37pm

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Used Tenergy!!Tongue

Any medium soft or soft rubber would work well (excluding anti and pips). Maybe one of the Xiom Vega series? or Hurricane 3-50?

some are too bouncy like baracuda

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gianquittia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/27/2017 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by unstopabl3 unstopabl3 wrote:

Which sponge thickness you use for rakza 7 soft? Generally I've used it for my weak BH and felt it to be a bit soft and weak for strong FH attack.

I use max on my fh and 2.0 on bh.
Timo Boll Zlf
FH Yasaka Rakza 7 1.9
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2017 at 3:26am

The blade is important when you are talking about rakza

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gianquittia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/28/2017 at 4:53am
Originally posted by adishorul adishorul wrote:

The blade is important when you are talking about rakza

I use innerforce layer alc.s. pretty dwelly blade
Timo Boll Zlf
FH Yasaka Rakza 7 1.9
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic