tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Athletes to amaze me most.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
igorponger View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Athletes to amaze me most.
    Posted: 06/18/2017 at 7:10pm
ATHLETES TO AMAZE ME MOST.

My Kutchen window has a curtain bar fixed at the height of 2.30 meters. Even with my hand raised upwards I would never reach the bar. Never.

Meanwhile, some marvelous guys could easely jump over this bar without fail.   Amazingly, they able to get up their ass above their head by far!!!
Oftentimes, when I take some meals in my Kutchen nook, I used to look up at the window imaginating a boy flying over this curtail bar, and it makes me dizzy, indeed. I feel all delighted. indeed.   
This's why the high-jumping is the highest admiration of mines, prior to any other athletics. Wonderful spectacle, indeed.

http://speedendurance.com/2015/07/20/what-is-the-high-jump-world-record-by-height-differential/

High jumper I admire most.
Franklin Jacobs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franklin_Jacobs
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 7:22pm
I was a great admirer of Franklin Jacobs.  As a high jumper myself I was proud that I could jump 8 inches above my 5' 9" height.  Franklin was my height and could jump 20 inches above our height. 
I always felt he was the greatest high jumper of all time.  Nobody else is even close.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 10:10am
High jumping 6'5" is no joke!!! At 5'9"? Wow!👍
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

High jumping 6'5" is no joke!!! At 5'9"? Wow!👍

I gotta admit I'm impressed too, Mike.  I'm one of those white guys who can't jump.
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
smackman View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 6:56pm
I like the fact that some original sports how high or how long someone can jump, They did used to have standing high and long jumps at the Olympics

Ulmo Duality,tibhar 5Q sound black, Dtechs grass ox red
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website,
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

I like the fact that some original sports how high or how long someone can jump, They did used to have standing high and long jumps at the Olympics

Was that when you were a kid in the late 1800's ?Smile
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/19/2017 at 10:17pm
Originally posted by mts388 mts388 wrote:

Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

Was that when you were a kid in the late 1800's ?Smile

In the ancient Olympics, standing long jumpers used weights called halteres as an aid to propelling themselves forward during their jumps.  The philosopher Aristotle wrote about this practice.  It has been said that using them may have added seven or so inches to a standing long jump averaging around ten feet.

This was well before smackman was a kid in the late 1800s.Smile

Edited by berndt_mann - 06/19/2017 at 10:19pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic