Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

outer ply effect on performance?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: outer ply effect on performance?
    Posted: 06/18/2017 at 10:31pm
Do the outer plies make a big difference?

I used RC with my first blade and had to sand away a lot and ended up making the top ply so thin you can see the A/C through the surface. My question is since Innerforce moves the composite layers inwards to increase wood feel and control, does this mean my blade has had reduced control and been extra fast?

Or it shouldn't make a big difference?

I don't have trouble adjusting between blades but other people who have tried my racket have said it's incredibly fast. right now since i haven't been training, i'm having a tough time landing in bh so i'm switching off tenergy bh for a bit. 
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 10:40pm
Stop using RC.

Yes, it should have an impact. Especially if the 2nd layer is composite fiber.
kurokami View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kurokami Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 10:41pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Stop using RC.

Yes, it should have an impact. Especially if the 2nd layer is composite fiber.

yea i haven't used RC for many years but I'm saying the reason why it was sanded so much is due to removing uneven bits. 

ok i'll try my backup vis that i've never touched yet lol.
Viscaria
H3N/T05
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=65345&KW=&title=feedback-kurokami
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/18/2017 at 10:44pm
The inner layer of composite makes a big difference on soft and medium shots. When you really hit or loop hard is when you feel the "crack" of the composite. I think the "inner" layer of composite is the future . You get wood feel and composite feel all in one. Typically inner layer blades have more control. It will also depend on your style of play. If you are constantly on the attack a standard composite like Viscaria makes sense. If you like to play a controlling game and take the shots when available maybe an inner layer makes sense.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic