tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Xiom Omega VII

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Xiom Omega VII
    Posted: 06/19/2017 at 3:08pm
So an update regarding the release of Xiom Omega VII.
OMEGA VII Pro is expected to be in the market officially on November 1st.
Omega VII Europe is tentatively coming in March 2018.
Omega VII Asia is still undergoing testing and does not currently have a release date.

The skipping of Omega 6 was done for marketing purposes.
"OMEGA 7 is by far our greatest accomplishment in rubber, so we felt Omega 6 was not right name for it. We wanted to emphasize that this is whole new rubber. It is a serious jump of technology and table tennis rubber in general."

Omega V Asia is by far the best forehand rubber I have ever used. It's unfortunate that I need to wait so long for Omega VII Asia, probably at least a year from now. I may want to sample one of the earlier iterations, maybe Pro but we'll see.
Blade - Butterfly Joo Saehyuk ST
Forehand - Xiom Omega 5 Asia
Backhand - Xiom Vega Europe DF
DLC1325 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2017 at 9:14pm
Is it going to be Xiom's version of the Ultra Max Sponge+Thin Topsheet?  I hope they're more original than that.

I've been wanting to try OVA for a long time and one is finally on the way.  
YEO Cpen | MX-S | MX-P
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/20/2017 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Is it going to be Xiom's version of the Ultra Max Sponge+Thin Topsheet?  I hope they're more original than that.

I've been wanting to try OVA for a long time and one is finally on the way.  

I feel like that's unlikely. I realize "a serious jump in technology" is mostly marketing speak but it does imply that it's going to be different than its competitors.
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 7:01am
Yes that makes sense, although if it's going to be an ESN rubber, they can really only choose from their existing technologies, and tweak it to get their own new unique rubber.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 7:21am
Good grief, Xiom really are a little bit crazy.  Skipping a number?  But they really know how to stoke up interest, so fair enough.

If nothing else this move will put a little bit of space between OVII and the glut of ESN releases we've had recently.  There was a risk of being lost in the crowd.

Have to wait and see if it really will be something totally new or just a remix of recent releases.  Delay aside, Xiom have posted a few little teasers on their facebook page over the last few months about the new Omega.  Here's one:

This was a great signature until the abs ball ruined it.
carbon136 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carbon136 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 7:37am
Why do they want to release the VII Pro in November when everyone will already have some new rubbers for the new season?
Blade Adidas Avenger Carbon (Fl)
FH Butterfly Tenergy 05 (2.1)
BH Butterfly Tenergy 05 FX (2.1)
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by haggisv haggisv wrote:

Yes that makes sense, although if it's going to be an ESN rubber, they can really only choose from their existing technologies, and tweak it to get their own new unique rubber.

When you say they need to choose from existing technology do you mean because they need to have characteristics associated with the Omega series to make it fit in and be familiar? If not, why are they required to choose from existing technologies? What prevents them from creating and using something new?
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/21/2017 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by carbon136 carbon136 wrote:

Why do they want to release the VII Pro in November when everyone will already have some new rubbers for the new season?

Like Andy said, there are a ton of new releases right now. It's a good idea to be releasing something fresh months later when the hype of all of these current rubbers die down.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic