Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Wei qingguang (Seiko Iseki) close to table style
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Wei qingguang (Seiko Iseki) close to table style

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wei qingguang (Seiko Iseki) close to table style
    Posted: 06/21/2017 at 10:56pm

Here he is against WRM's Guccy, effortless penhold blocking style, barely even needs to do any attacking strokes here. Fun to watch 
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
Sponsored Links

Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2017 at 1:05pm
I like his style. It is very difficult to play against this kind of players.
zzzuppp View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zzzuppp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/23/2017 at 6:22pm
As you say, effortless - and mesmerising. 
 Great to see these old guys and gals from the '80s CNT still playing so well - He Zhiwen, Ni Xialian, both in their 50s, still beating far younger players with the PH block approach.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2017 at 2:55am
[QUOTE=zzzuppp] As you say, effortless - and mesmerising. 
 Great to see these old guys and gals from the '80s CNT still playing so well - He Zhiwen, Ni Xialian, both in their 50s, still beating far younger players with the PH block approach.
[/QUOT

any other penholder? there s a player called wang yonggang former CNT living in japan is there any footage?
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2017 at 12:39pm
He plays like He zhiwen
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/24/2017 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by jackwong23 jackwong23 wrote:

He plays like He zhiwen

In this video he does, but that was never his style when he was a touring professional. He was a classic power drive/looper in the vein of Guo Yuehua, who was the only other player I can think of that played like that before Ma Lin and Qin Zhijian. 

@bbkon, you should find clips of Wang Yonggang on the Reflex Sports' DVDs for the 1993 World's when he still played for China. He didn't play very long in Japan (like 01-04). I'm sure there is more video of him out there, it just isn't on the internet. 

Edited by liXiao - 06/24/2017 at 1:34pm
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 1:24am
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

He plays like He zhiwen

In this video he does, but that was never his style when he was a touring professional. He was a classic power drive/looper in the vein of Guo Yuehua, who was the only other player I can think of that played like that before Ma Lin and Qin Zhijian. 

@bbkon, you should find clips of Wang Yonggang on the Reflex Sports' DVDs for the 1993 World's when he still played for China. He didn't play very long in Japan (like 01-04). I'm sure there is more video of him out there, it just isn't on the internet. 

i m looking for traditional cpen hitters except tasei tasaki
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 10:22am
I'm all about Gucchy's close to the table backhand though
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 10:45am

He plays like He zhiwen

Not sure if it says it in the japanese descriptions, but is he (Seiko) Gucchy's coach? Maybe he's just blocking for him to help him work on some simulated match play scenarios, as opposed to going at him at full speed. 
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/25/2017 at 11:59am
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

He plays like He zhiwen

Not sure if it says it in the japanese descriptions, but is he (Seiko) Gucchy's coach? Maybe he's just blocking for him to help him work on some simulated match play scenarios, as opposed to going at him at full speed. 

Iseki is just having fun with Gucchy (he runs his own table tennis academy), but he is also the JOC Elite Academy head coach.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/19/2018 at 11:20pm
Spotted Iseki feeding Harimoto on a Japanese TV program.

Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02/20/2018 at 10:12am

He plays like He zhiwen

wang s videos were very short .you couldnt get more footage on reflex if you were asian and good
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic