Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

CNT players against reform and support LGL

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 2:15am
Embarrassed It means Broth runs deeply in my veins too Big smile

I eat Ramen everyday hoping it means my TT will become like the Chinese LOL
siestakey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote siestakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 11:00am

Ramen's  Japanese ain't it ?
Siesta Key
Darker Speed 90
H3 Neo National / Mantra H

Victor_the_cleaner View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Victor_the_cleaner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by rocketman222 rocketman222 wrote:

Originally posted by penholderxxx penholderxxx wrote:

Is this forum a platform for China or China communist or communist in general bashing ?
Are the moderators agreeing with this manner of presentation and discussion ?
Are the moderators therefore agreeable to pointers on the murderous USA police; shooting of innocent people ?
It this to be a free for all ?

penholderxxx

Your attempt to silence opinions is nauseating!
+1
Since when is penholder concerned about about what kind of platform this forum is? He is part of that slimy group who always come up with fake, distracting reasons to silence opinions. 
Hey penholder, a question for you - say this forum WAS a platform for discussing politics. In that case - would you agree that the chinese government has a horrible record on the most basic human rights - like right not to be murdered, and right to say what you want? 
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 1:37am
I am on penholderxxx 's side; the game unites us and politics will divide us; let's be like at the club where we would never dare talking politics against China or any country; so why would we not at the club while it would be OK here? isn't the forum a table tennis club of some sort?
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
ttTurkey View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttTurkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 1:49am
A politically connected individual with nutty ideas rose to a position of power and decided to dismantle argubly the most successful table tennis system of all time, including firing the coach. He is also messing with other sports.

In protest and solidarity with their (ex) coach, the players pulled out of a tournament. The powers that be escalated the situation and forced obviously coerced, identical apologies out of the players concerned and pulled them out of the following tournament. We all await further sanctions, which could range from a suspension to a life ban (and possibly worse).

It doesn't mean that we have tear the CCP or the whole of China a new one, but we can't avoid disucssing politics in this situation; politics is the story.

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by ttTurkey ttTurkey wrote:

A politically connected individual with nutty ideas rose to a position of power and decided to dismantle argubly the most successful table tennis system of all time, including firing the coach. He is also messing with other sports.

In protest and solidarity with their (ex) coach, the players pulled out of a tournament. The powers that be escalated the situation and forced obviously coerced, identical apologies out of the players concerned and pulled them out of the following tournament. We all await further sanctions, which could range from a suspension to a life ban (and possibly worse).

It doesn't mean that we have tear the CCP or the whole of China a new one, but we can't avoid disucssing politics in this situation; politics is the story.

This is a beautifully simple and concise summary of the whole thing. 

The only thing I might modify is that the nutty individual rose to a position of very high power but has been slowly sliding back (this is a demotion from where he was before) and so his nuttiness may be apparent to those who work around him.  So we can hope that he will be demoted further before he messes things up too much.    

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 10:36pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am on penholderxxx 's side; the game unites us and politics will divide us; let's be like at the club where we would never dare talking politics against China or any country; so why would we not at the club while it would be OK here? isn't the forum a table tennis club of some sort?

No, the game divides us but politics united us.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:25pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

No, the game divides us but politics united us.
sure, the game divides us in a battle where we give to the other players our best possible while politics unites us in opinionated dumbness, YAY!

penholderxxx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penholderxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 8:31am
'He is part of that slimy group who always come up with fake, distracting reasons to silence opinions. ' -

Victor_the_cleaner

Now now now, I thought we are quite more than a bit familiar with that tone. (Big hint to moderators.) Wink
I am very sure someone had mentioned something about someone having gotten his/her his arse kicked ( quite a few times ). Big time serial, that one.

Please substantiate, if you can show and point to any of my comments which are 'nauseating' or even unreasonable, I will be man enough to own up. Surely, it is just not good enough to make wilful accusation by assertions.

With hindsight, I had reacted to what I thought was a very racially biased statement. But we made our peace. You have a problem with that ?

And to answer your question; if this were a political forum, I would not be in it. 

And since you asked, my answer is this........is the Chinese government the ONLY government, in your words, that have ' a horrible record on the most basic human rights - like right not to be murdered, and right to say what you want? '

For all you know, it may just turn out be to about that nutty fellow being frustrated with something and indeed if it is the case, he will surely get his arse kicked and I have this feeling this episode is not done. We shall see.

Now coming back to that puke, if you are not happy having to clean up, with your intellect, I advice you to upgrade; yes I think Victor_the_sweeper would be appropriate. Hahahahahaaaaaaa..........

Yours truly,

penholderxxx

Iloveplayingtabletennis
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 6:09pm
Viktor sweeps
and Viktor mops
swaying his hips
full of hops

HEEPS!

Chopper88 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chopper88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 6:50pm
Ok , I read some but not all the post, I think it was great the players sticking up for their coach. But the commie in me keep thinking to myself, what the hell did LGL do to piss off the higher up? With him the CNT are almost unbeatable!! When there is smoke there is usually fire. I know China is still a communist country , still why mess around with a good system that s me to be working? There are a lot we don't know about LGL and what he did!
jfolsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jfolsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 8:12pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

Ok , I read some but not all the post, I think it was great the players sticking up for their coach. But the commie in me keep thinking to myself, what the hell did LGL do to piss off the higher up? With him the CNT are almost unbeatable!! When there is smoke there is usually fire. I know China is still a communist country , still why mess around with a good system that s me to be working? There are a lot we don't know about LGL and what he did!

Probably LGL did nothing. There is a power struggle going on between Guo Zhongwen and (apparently) Cai Zhenhua. LGL falls under Cai Zhenhua, so his removal improves Guo Zhongwen's position. Kong Linghui is also tied up in this.

Edited by jfolsen - 07/12/2017 at 8:12pm
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 11:36pm
Originally posted by Chopper88 Chopper88 wrote:

The Communist Party has grown impatient with waves after waves of incompetent players all over the world and has decided to castrate itself.

Joking aside, FWIW, Xi Jinping is a soccer fan and he loves swimming the most. Table tennis? Not so much, given that he thought FZD was a gymnast. He has said that he wants the three big sports - soccer, basketball and volleyball to see more development.

Xi is also not too keen on what's called "gold medalism," which has plagued China for so friggin' long, deriving from it of all kinds of nepotism and collusion.

Edited by zeio - 07/12/2017 at 11:44pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 11:10am
Some good news from Coach EmRatThich that ML, XX and FZD will be playing in local tournaments :-)

As long as the players and coaches are not heavy-handedly punished or abused, I am happy as long as they are happy, alive and enjoying playing the game !

:-)
Iskandar Taib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskandar Taib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

I think you missed one earlier comment which explained that according to the rule ITTF established in 2008 (approximately) after you are 21 yrs old and you move to another country you will never (!) be able to play for your new country's national team. If you are 18-21 you will have to wait 7 (!) years, etc. Great, wonderful rule which basically canceled one of the basic rights to live and work where you would want. I understand that there should be some reasonable restrictions but this was as unreasonable as many other stupid rules made up by ITTF...

Apparently not true for Feng Tianwei. Born August 1986. Moved to Singapore March 2007 (Age? 20). First played for Singapore June 2007 (in the U-21!). Became a Singaporean citizen January 2008. Silver medal at the World Teams in Guangzhou in 2008, silver medal in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. So she obviously didn't have to wait 7 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Tianwei

Sounds like yet another urban legend.. Confused  Maybe one should look it up before calling ITTF (or anyone else) stupid? 

Iskandar
ZingyDNA View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ZingyDNA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 1:58pm
Feng started playing for Singapore before the rule came into place, so she wasn't affected. Neither were the Chinese players before her, as the rule cannot be retroactive.

Originally posted by Iskandar Taib Iskandar Taib wrote:

Apparently not true for Feng Tianwei. Born August 1986. Moved to Singapore March 2007 (Age? 20). First played for Singapore June 2007 (in the U-21!). Became a Singaporean citizen January 2008. Silver medal at the World Teams in Guangzhou in 2008, silver medal in the 2008 Olympics in Beijing. So she obviously didn't have to wait 7 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Tianwei

Sounds like yet another urban legend.. Confused  Maybe one should look it up before calling ITTF (or anyone else) stupid? 

Iskandar
Iskandar Taib View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iskandar Taib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 2:13pm
So this must be a very recent rule. When did it come into effect, and any links to it on the ITTF website? I suppose it would serve a lot of agendas - China would like to prevent poaching of their best players, players in other countries don't want to be displaced from their own teams by migrating Chinese players, nationalists/chauvinists in other countries might not want people on their "national" teams with obvious Chinese names. Sounds like everyone wins... except for Chinese players who would like to move and for national sports associations with lots of money who'd want to entice such players to move. 

Smile

Iskandar
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 5:15pm
Originally posted by Iskandar Taib Iskandar Taib wrote:

So this must be a very recent rule. When did it come into effect, and any links to it on the ITTF website? I suppose it would serve a lot of agendas - China would like to prevent poaching of their best players, players in other countries don't want to be displaced from their own teams by migrating Chinese players, nationalists/chauvinists in other countries might not want people on their "national" teams with obvious Chinese names. Sounds like everyone wins... except for Chinese players who would like to move and for national sports associations with lots of money who'd want to entice such players to move. 

Smile

Seems like the rule became effective 7 or 8 years ago.

Iskandar
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 5:43pm
WTTC, ATTC, Oly all have different regulations  regarding import players. However, one major factor is that did the player play under another association before?
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
pdotec View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pdotec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/29/2017 at 1:08pm
http://www.sfgate.com/technology/businessinsider/article/Xi-Jinping-is-officially-China-s-most-powerful-12312037.php

Xi Jinping is officially China's most powerful leader since Mao

LGL and KLH victims of his rise to power.
igorponger View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 7:24pm
JacekGM View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JacekGM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/31/2017 at 7:45pm
oh, it is peanuts, right? just 20,000 each
(1) Juic SBA (Fl, 85 g) with Bluefire JP3 (red max) on FH and 0.6 mm DR N Desperado on BH; (2) Yinhe T7 (Fl, 87 g) with Bluefire M3 (red 2.0) on FH and 0.6 mm 755 on BH.
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/01/2017 at 10:21pm
I want to see ML, XX and FZD play more.
APW46 View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote APW46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/02/2017 at 4:11pm
Of course it could all just be a very subtly orchestrated ITTF Plot to strangle China's endless winning of everything TT.

Yep.
The Older I get, The better I was.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
  Share Topic