Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What blade has more Catapult effect ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 5:23pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Garaydia with ZLC is basically an Amultart with a different handle.  I like both blades.

Isn't that a bit too fast with tensors / T05? What rubbers did you try with it? Does it work well with H3 Neo (if you have used it with the blade)?

I haven't tried the Garaydia with H3Neo.  I know a few players who use it and love it with T05 and if I could deal with the thickness, I could use it with just about anything.  THe hinoki gives a lot of feeling and dwell.  So you get a good idea of how to adjust to what it does.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
Sponsored Links

slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 5:31pm
Thanks: I had a extremely brief trial with G-ZLC (got from Magic_M) and T05 both sides (1 league night - about 4-5 hours only). Results were OK (because of the fast blocks) but I found quite a few of my BH loops went long (I compare BH because I moved from IF-Layer ZLC / H3 Neo / T05 to G-ZLC / T05 / T05). So, for all practical purposes, I don't have enough data to make a conclusive observation yet. Hence the query.

It is very easy to generate spin with. What is great with this blade is that opening loops were quite spinny (owing to the Hinoki 'stickiness'). However, this blade's speed is way beyond my pay grade. Back to the IF-Layer ZLC and H3 trial.

BTW: the construction of the Garaydia ALC is very different (other than the fiber): the Hinoki layer seems less than half as thick.

Re: catapault (OP's question) - if you're looking for more catapault (which, to me, is different from 'bounciness') from an ALC blade but with good control, try the DHS Hurricane Long V.

Edited by slevin - 06/29/2017 at 5:34pm
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 6:56pm
Thank you all guys for participating on my thread and sharing informations based on your thoughts and experiences

Though I am bit of confused because of slevins last post who recomends long 5 for catapult and someone above denies that opinion also other reviews say that this blade isnt so good for medium old rubbers rather than an alc butterfly blade...

let me be clear about what characteristics I want from the blade and then we can discuss further rejecting some blades of the listed above

Want to have good dwell time , kind of comfortable handle ,spin everything especially dead (no spin balls) ,can block well and redirect the placement by opponent's shots sometime precise direct shots - punches and of course CATAPULT and have some beautiful looks

Viscaria: maybe is a legend blade for many reasons ,but really I don't like the looks and the handle as many of you say is weird and thin.I prefer my current zjk blue dragon or the new with the comfy handle ,without sacrificing so much.
Also it is rare these days that someone sells zjk alc here ,so I guess the owners like it a lot

long 5 : the handle is forbiddenly thin as many users say and the ma long photo on the bottom of handle ?? Com on dhs use a metal tag that stuff looks kindish

I tested freitas alc today : very good spin enough speed quite bouncy but it seemwd to me that it lacks the direct hit and have to agree with many of its owners in this regard.it seems that the punch motion should go higher to pass the net ,seemed like a tendency to go to the net on direct hits when using the same motion as on my zjk blue dragon

Should I go for apolonia zlc Or innerforce zlc , garaydia zlc or zhang jike alc
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/29/2017 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by sidespinBH sidespinBH wrote:

Thank you all guys for participating on my thread and sharing informations based on your thoughts and experiences

Though I am bit of confused because of slevins last post who recomends long 5 for catapult and someone above denies that opinion also other reviews say that this blade isnt so good for medium old rubbers rather than an alc butterfly blade...

let me be clear about what characteristics I want from the blade and then we can discuss further rejecting some blades of the listed above

Want to have good dwell time , kind of comfortable handle ,spin everything especially dead (no spin balls) ,can block well and redirect the placement by opponent's shots sometime precise direct shots - punches and of course CATAPULT and have some beautiful looks

Viscaria: maybe is a legend blade for many reasons ,but really I don't like the looks and the handle as many of you say is weird and thin.I prefer my current zjk blue dragon or the new with the comfy handle ,without sacrificing so much.
Also it is rare these days that someone sells zjk alc here ,so I guess the owners like it a lot

long 5 : the handle is forbiddenly thin as many users say and the ma long photo on the bottom of handle ?? Com on dhs use a metal tag that stuff looks kindish

I tested freitas alc today : very good spin enough speed quite bouncy but it seemwd to me that it lacks the direct hit and have to agree with many of its owners in this regard.it seems that the punch motion should go higher to pass the net ,seemed like a tendency to go to the net on direct hits when using the same motion as on my zjk blue dragon

Should I go for apolonia zlc Or innerforce zlc , garaydia zlc or zhang jike alc
HL5 handle is no longer very thin.  It is now in the Korbel/KJH/Vega PRo handle range in thinness.  It is the design with the long head that makes it flexy.  But if you don't like it, I get it.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
vic#74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic#74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 1:08am
If Viscaria handle is too thin for you and you miss some directional hit from Freitash - you are aiming at ITC Premier XR. Info -99.99%.
http://www.ttmode.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=642&filter=89

ITC Premier XR
Nittaku Sieger Pk50
Tibhar Evolution EL-S
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by vic#74 vic#74 wrote:

If Viscaria handle is too thin for you and you miss some directional hit from Freitash - you are aiming at ITC Premier XR. Info -99.99%.
http://www.ttmode.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=642&filter=89

Yes it seems good blade but quite expensive from a brand that I haven't heard of yet

I haven't tried viscaria ,but users reviews say that the handle is somewhat thin

I am considering of buying either the zhang jike alc or innerforce zlc or freitas

I also found a site that's called table tennis reference. Com and users give some interesting reviews where freitas had the most speed spin touch and control from the other 2 and has the best overall rating
Also I m not so impressed with direct shots I tried with it yesterday and didn't notice so much catapult on this blade

What is your opinion about these blades and the long 5 that suggested the friend above

Also apolonia zlc is it so good as innerforce zlc because many say that it lacks power and spin ,So what are the aspects that this blade is very good ?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 4:42pm
Apolonia definitely does not lack any of those
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 5:26pm
What are its main characteristics that make it different from the others listed in a better way ?
Where the blade plays fantastic and where not ?

Some say it lacks of feel and touch is it true ?
What about its catapult in comparison to the others ?
Based on your own experience of course
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 5:40pm
http://tabletennis-reference.com/racket/detail/294

Don't know if it is reliable site though
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 10:55am
Hello guys ,

I sold my blade and I am ready to buy my new one but I don't want to make a mistake that I will regret later .

So I would like you to make a comparison between the following blades and which is better and in what aspect of the game than the others

Zhang jike - Freitas alc - innerforce zlc - apolonia zlc

Which has the best spin on serves and easiest on counterspins?

Which is better on active and passive block?

Which is faster ?

Which has a smooth medium soft feeling without vibrating much ?

Which is better in pushes and chops ?

Which is better on drive - flat shots ?

Hope you can post some accurate reviews
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:19am

Zhang jike - Freitas alc - innerforce zlc - apolonia zlc

It does not matter.  Draw straws with the names of those blade written on each and buy the one you get and keep using it until it becomes YOUR fastest, spinniest, softest touch, highest catapult effect, least vibration, looper, flat hitter, passive blocking, active blocking blade.

"Touch" is in your shoulder, fingers and wrist.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:31am
Sure that's true

The longer you are playing with the same blade ,the more you get used to it

But all of the above have their different playing characteristics pros and cons each and I would like to know which is most suitable for me ,because I want to make a good choice that will keep me happy for a long time ,rather than changing bladed every month
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:34am

Sure that's true

The longer you are playing with the same blade ,the more you get used to it

But all of the above have their different playing characteristics pros and cons each and I would like to know which is most suitable for me ,because I want to make a good choice that will keep me happy for a long time ,rather than changing bladed every month

If that's the case then choose Viscaria since everyone uses it these days.
But if you're only gonna pick from the above 4 then pick the one that says "Zhang Jike" since Jike is the only person to have achieved sht out of the other guys listed in there
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:34pm
Andro Wanokiwami has a good catapult Effect, making H3 plays better, even untuned.
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 12:09am
In my opinion if you are looking for good catapult effect then Innerforce Layer ZLC would be a good bet. I have it currently. I have played with Viscaria and TB ALC and a ton of other plies earlier and nothing compares to the catapult that Innerforce Layer ZLC can generate. The only obvious downside is that it bottoms out even tenergies on hard all out shots. The best way to mitigate that is to put chinese rubbers on FH. 
Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 4:51pm
Thanks fir the interesting reply

Never heard that innerforce bottoms out
So I guess the apolonia zlc is on the same side as well.

Speed is something I need in my game though
I tending more between the freitas or the Zhang jike alc

So its limba vs koto now for me
anubhav1984 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anubhav1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 4:53pm
Not saying that the speed is less anyhow. It is really really fast. The only thing is that you need to know how to use the blade properly to leverage that power. Whenever I am not unnecessarily putting in way too much effort, the ball is a rocket.

Butterfly Viscaria FL
FH - Undecided
BH - Undecided
MindTrip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MindTrip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 5:14pm
Freitas vs ZJ Alc.
Freitas feels harder on the surface, but flexes more on hits and loops.
ZJ feels softer on hits, but doesn't flex or deform on power shots.
Playing passively, ZJ would be the clear winner there. It still has a little pop to it when hitting softly on those out of position blocking situations. Freitas tends to dive into the net when playing passively or go long if blocking a fast hit due to its flex.
All things perfect(always in position and anticipating the next ball) the Freitas will get you a spinnier, high arcing loop with better feeling vibration to the hand. If recovering from an opponent's attack and getting back to your offense during midpoint, the ZJ has the advantage.
Apolonia ZLC
Donic Z3
Andro R42
Vlad0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vlad0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/13/2017 at 3:50am
Since you had a "blue dragon" and find it not good enough Confused, there is no reason to think that the new blade will be better. You are going the hard way. Limba is not for everyone. The post of @MindTrip is very true. Maybe you should think yourself - which one of the pros inspire you the most, really enjoying his game - choose only one? Buy like his equipment and stay with it so you do not have an excuse when things going wrong. Because he already tested enough different blades to finally choose it. When they go wrong (as it should be) at least you can always download clips of this player and watch them carefully even on very slow speed if you like, and see what he does in every aspect of the game, then train hard. 
TB ALC 86gr + D09c/T05
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 5:03pm
I have to agree with MindTrip too
That's pretty much the feedback I got from freitas when I tried it for few minutes and of course I am not so fast in legs to be in perfect attacking stance everytime
So I need blocking passively and actively sometimes + 1 zhang jike alc

I also will try the tenergy 05 and 05 fx from this season and I suppose that combining with the freitas should be an overall too high arc combo + 1 zhang jike alc

As vlad0 said that's why I bought the zhang jike blade when staring playing competively ,I didn't and still don't like viscaria looks ,I am familiar with the taste of this blade composition but I was looking for better handle which the newest versions owns ,also some say that it plays better too

So propably I will continue this way

From what anubhav said I understand that limba works better with zlc rather than alc in terms of flex ,catapult spinning and blocking ,right ?
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 6:20pm
From what anubhav said I understand that limba works better with zlc rather than alc in terms of flex ,catapult spinning and blocking ,right ?

What about hinoki blades ,do they offer big catapult ?
Should I consider them as a potential buy ?

How does this compare to zhang jike alc

Edited by sidespinBH - 07/17/2017 at 6:21pm
ttplace View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttplace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:47am
goodSmile
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 5:41pm
Flexible blades offer catapult effect. Rigid/stiff blades don't, IMHO.
A rigid blade can provide a nice "kick", but, to me, they never hold the ball longer on fuller swings the way a flexible blade does, to really ever give me that "catch-throw" sensation (i.e. "catapult"), that I look for in a blade.
Just my 2¢
Stiga Infinity VPS (Master): fh/bh - Nittaku Hammond CR max
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 6:27pm
King pong I don't think that we both understand catapult effect on the same way ...

I mean catapult as the bouncy effect that the ball has when hit the opponent's side ,it accelerates more..
You mean something (catch throw sensation) that has to do more with dwell time .
Do I understand correctly?

What blades are flexible and offer this catapult ?

Some said that viscaria which is nit flexy offer good catapult
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/30/2017 at 9:58pm
The blade in my signature offers more of this kind of "control-catapult" that I''m referring to. Recently, I've been playing with Stiga Infinity VPS, and opponents have remarked at how my ball doesn't bounce, but rather shoots off of the table (more of your definition of 'catapult'). Though, I do feel this blade similary gives better dwell as your stroke gets bigger and bigger.
I always understood 'catapult' to be the feeling of the ball jumping off of my blade, rather than off of the opponents side of the table, however.
Claudiu84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claudiu84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 2:35am

I mean catapult as the bouncy effect that the ball has when hit the opponent's side ,it accelerates more..

That bouncy effect you will not manage to obtain only from the blade (it is true that some blades helps, and some doesn't)... The rubbers used are important, but the main factor it how correct you hit the ball, how much you use the wrist, how much power u put in the stroke... (in one word, TECHNIQUE). If you do all those things simultaneously, you will manage to obtain that ball acceleration with almost every blade/rubber...

Edited by Claudiu84 - 08/31/2017 at 2:36am
Antuan View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Antuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 2:53am
Butterfly Photino
Butterfly Iolite
Stiga Clipper CC
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 4:59am
Of course technique comes first and then the equipment

So is it true that the more the dwell of the blade and the rubber the more the "catapult" on the opponent's side of the table?

If so the zlf or aryl ate ( soft blades ) offer the most catapult

And what about the most controlled and catapulty rubbers ?
Could you name some ?
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 1:42pm

Of course technique comes first and then the equipment

So is it true that the more the dwell of the blade and the rubber the more the "catapult" on the opponent's side of the table?

If so the zlf or aryl ate ( soft blades ) offer the most catapult

And what about the most controlled and catapulty rubbers ?
Could you name some ?

I wouldn't necessarily say that there is any strict correlation between blade dwell and 'kick' on your opponent's side. You can hit more spin with a well-timed shot, using Chinese rubber, which doesn't nearly give you that 'dwelly' feeling, I'm talking about. It's just that the "dwell-catapult/catch-throw" feeling gives one the feeling of ultimate control. It gives a heck of a lot of confidence when you feel that you can return just about every shot with good control back to your opponents side. Consequently, you don't play so 'tight'. It's very pleasurable

Edited by king_pong - 08/31/2017 at 1:43pm
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/31/2017 at 5:48pm
When you say about confidence you mean that you can counter hit easier with dwellier blade and rubber both soft feeling ?

But I believe this soft feeling has disadvantages on blocking...

What combo do you use ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic