Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Do Chinese rubbers have to be boosted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2017 at 9:47pm
I make Reviver so I can't say good for it. However I recommend every one who boosts Chinese rubbers must not use baby oil or Falco, others are okay.
There is no real "pro", "prov" or "NT" H3 in the market.
Falco is not a booster
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2017 at 10:09pm
I can attest that it doesn't last, as many clubmates switched to BW 2 and they were shocked by lamination.

Blue Whale 2 was a hit in 2009 and 2010. After glue ban, DHS came up with the ill-fated #19 Yunhai Sponge. It was a total flop. Haifu came out with the Blue Whale 2 and the all-mighty booster. Many top CNT members switched for a brief while and it is said it ate into the margins of DHS so much that LGL had to ban it from the national team.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 3:01pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

Many top CNT members switched for a brief while and it is said it ate into the margins of DHS so much that LGL had to ban it from the national team.

That says a lot right there LOL!
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 3:39pm
Isn't it Haifu's factory tuned version of H2?
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/03/2017 at 11:34pm

I can attest that it doesn't last, as many clubmates switched to BW 2 and they were shocked by lamination.

Blue Whale 2 was a hit in 2009 and 2010. After glue ban, DHS came up with the ill-fated #19 Yunhai Sponge. It was a total flop. Haifu came out with the Blue Whale 2 and the all-mighty booster. Many top CNT members switched for a brief while and it is said it ate into the margins of DHS so much that LGL had to ban it from the national team.

However, the price of Blue Whale(s) are unrealistic for such a kind of rubber. In my view, even BW3 (factory tuned) is weaker than H3 (original untuned).
Falco is not a booster
young dude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote young dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 1:04am
Boosting has no disadvantages besides possibly shortening the lifespan of the rubber / sponge, but not by much.  If you are playing the non- Neo version of Hurricane rubbers, boosting is all but a must.  Neo rubbers also benefit significantly from boosting as well, although not as much as non - Neo Hurricanes. 
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 3:24am
Blue Whale 2 went for roughly US$12 a piece, which was competitive compared with H3's $15, until you found out the hard way where those 3 dollars went.

OTOH, the Blue Whale 3 was of really high quality, and came with an equally high price tag of $60. For reference, the provincial H3 with the old top sheet was going for roughly $20. I had the chance to try out a national blue sponge H3 and a Blue Whale 3 on the Ebenholz NCT VII and both were good and got the same job done, so it is worth it if you have some extra money lying around.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
chop4ever View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 3:49am

Blue Whale 2 went for roughly US$12 a piece, which was competitive compared with H3's $15, until you found out the hard way where those 3 dollars went.

OTOH, the Blue Whale 3 was of really high quality, and came with an equally high price tag of $60. For reference, the provincial H3 with the old top sheet was going for roughly $20. I had the chance to try out a national blue sponge H3 and a Blue Whale 3 on the Ebenholz NCT VII and both were good and got the same job done, so it is worth it if you have some extra money lying around.

Opps, sorry!
I have research on the recent prices and have found a similar price as yours. In this case, BW2+booster would be the best alternative for H3.
Please note that H3 price has been increased much higher than $15.
Falco is not a booster
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 4:46am
Commercial is still selling for roughly that price in Hong Kong, and is even lower in China. Provincial is the one that has skyrocketed over the years, from $20 to $33.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 10:05am
Thanks for the info guys!!

I had forgotten than Haifu BW2 was a clone of Tibhar Grip-s. Or is it the other way around, can't remember....

Have read a few reviews in other sites and a lot of them note that Haifu BW2 lasts about a month.
My H3 BS seem to last about 12 months give or take. I can't practice as often and I do have more than one racket.

FdT
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 2:22pm
I played with my first chinese rubber ever last week...Dianchi D.  Also it comes pre-boosted.  It was a very interesting experience and def makes me think about trying more chinese rubber.  My Q, let's say w DHS rubber...do any of them come pre-boosted?  I def don't want to start doing my own boosting.  Would only be int in buying a pre-boosted rubber.  So, which ones come pre-boosted?

Thanks.
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 4:16pm
Anything 'neo' comes pre-boosted. H8 is pre boosted. Tinarc is on a #60 sponge, so it shouldn't need boosting. Goldarc 5&8 are ESN, and don't need boosting either.

H8 is probably your best bet, as the 'neo' rubbers run out of factory tuning after they are played with enough.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 4:40pm
Thanks.  how hard is H8 (hard)?  Harder than ten 05?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 5:41pm
Yes. It comes in 39 and 40 degrees, which is harder than Tenergy.
bschap View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bschap Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/27/2017 at 6:35pm
ah ok...so even H8 regular is harder than Ten 05?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/28/2017 at 10:53am
yes

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 7:21am
regarding boosting, try hurricane 3 neo on a yasaka ma lin extra offensive and tell me its slow??
its like a rocket
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
emihet View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emihet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 4:21pm
i can't use chinese rubber well if i don't boost/tune it
Viscaria, Ma Long 5, Old Clippers, BTY Ovtcharov and Various Custom blades
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 4:38pm
Does the nittaku hurricane 3 neo require boosting after a month or two?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 5:11pm
Since this topic is about boosting, which chinese rubber you guys think becomes the best after boosting?
Would it be H3 Neo? Or TG3, TG3N, H2N or something else?
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 5:43pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

Since this topic is about boosting, which chinese rubber you guys think becomes the best after boosting?

Best?

At my level, with my limited footwork:

TG2 was the most user friendly after Falco Long.

H3Neo was the most powerful, but only if your footwork and stroke was good...

TG2Neo is a bit of a compromise, more of the neo speed, but not as easy to use as TG2 boosted.

H2 was only useful for counterattacking topspin; the low throw made openings against heavy underspin more difficult than TG2 or H3.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

They all perform best boosted, so it's just a matter of which one suits your playing the best.  I like h3n.  It's just savage when spinning hard, but has control in spades when slowing down.  It's topsheet + pimples are also quite supple for a traditional tacky rubber.

Edited by ohwell - 09/27/2017 at 6:42pm
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/27/2017 at 7:10pm

Addressing thread question, play with any of the Hurricane rubbers right out of the package before you boost vs players you normally play at club, what are your results. Then compare your results using the same rubbers boosted by you. That will answer you personal question.
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
el luchador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote el luchador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 6:58pm
guys, boosting/juicing is illegal.

If you are going to break the rules anyway why not do it right and use some real stuff like speed glue 
Do or do not, there is no try- Yoda
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by el luchador el luchador wrote:

If you are going to break the rules anyway why not do it right and use some real stuff like speed glue 

Yeah.  Don't be a wuss about it.  If you're gonna break the rules, you might as well break 'em right.

I, as a reformed speed gluer who saw the light in 1997, highly recommend Rema (Tip-Top) vulcanizing fluid.  It's cheap, $2.43 for a 5 gram tube, works great on sealing up your bicycle tires, and was the choice of champions before a whole bunch of manufacturers came up with their own speed glues.  

Edited by berndt_mann - 09/28/2017 at 9:31pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 9:01pm
Indeed.
ohwell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ohwell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 10:41pm

Because we all want to be gluing every day all day!
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 11:32pm
First, they don't make speedglue the way it was meant to be glued anymore. TSP speedglue. Butterfly speedglue. No more.

Second, they don't make rubbers the way it was meant to be glued anymore. Old H3. Bryce Hard. No more.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 12:50am
if you want a chinese FH rubber that doesn't need boosting to make the low to mid end speed useful,

try Sanwei Target National.

It plays like a faster spinnier version of tinarc, but feels more like a controllable, harder sponged H3.

Sure it's lacking the top end speed of boosted H3... But the spin to speed ratio is good (the kick, after table contact) and the arc is low when you drive... I really don't have any complaints.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/29/2017 at 3:54am
Originally posted by berndt_mann berndt_mann wrote:

Yeah.  Don't be a wuss about it.  If you're gonna break the rules, you might as well break 'em right.

I, as a reformed speed gluer who saw the light in 1997, highly recommend Rema (Tip-Top) vulcanizing fluid.  It's cheap, $2.43 for a 5 gram tube, works great on sealing up your bicycle tires, and was the choice of champions before a whole bunch of manufacturers came up with their own speed glues.  

How exactly do you use this stuff? Do you have to reglue every time as with the SG? Can the rubber be removed easily after using this glue? Thanks
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic