Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Do Chinese rubbers have to be boosted?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
chop4ever View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chop4ever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 10:06am
one thing: boosting Chinese rubber is not the same as softening Chinese rubber. As many one here using Falco, it does add a little bit speed on rubber but loosening the glue under topsheet pips, hence causes bubbles quickly.
Using booster, using non-paraffin oil solvent.
VKMO - H3 - Curl P1
my feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=55764&KW=chop4ever&title=feedback-chop4ever
king_pong View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote king_pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 2:24pm
Lamp Oil: Mineral oil: D-Limonene
2:1:1

(If you're into this sorta stuff)
Donic Waldner (FL): fh/bh - Yasaka Mark V HPS
tom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/09/2017 at 11:40pm
just saw a video from EmRatThich, said the main ingredient in FTL is tridecane which is both toxic and carcinogenic.   lots of things are carcinogenic.  could anyone offer what degree of carcinogenic effect does brief exposure to tridecane (while you are brushing on FTL) is comparable to other exposures we might encounter during our daily lives.  any info on how dangerous is the FTL to our health is at the bottom of this inquiry.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 12:55am
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

just saw a video from EmRatThich, said the main ingredient in FTL is tridecane which is both toxic and carcinogenic.   lots of things are carcinogenic.  could anyone offer what degree of carcinogenic effect does brief exposure to tridecane (while you are brushing on FTL) is comparable to other exposures we might encounter during our daily lives.  any info on how dangerous is the FTL to our health is at the bottom of this inquiry.

Why even go there? It is a sport, a game. It is suppose to be fun. What's the purpose of exposing yourself to more and more toxins? We should be doing the reverse. It's never one thing, it is the combination of everything that finally breaks the camel's back.
tom View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 9:40am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

Why even go there? It is a sport, a game. It is suppose to be fun. What's the purpose of exposing yourself to more and more toxins? We should be doing the reverse. It's never one thing, it is the combination of everything that finally breaks the camel's back.

not disagreeing with you, and I have to state that only a very small % of my rubbers are boosted by me, so my question is more or less just for knowledge and maybe more important for people who boost extensively
manraid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manraid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 4:37pm
i overcome the speed glue issue and i put chinese tacky rubber on my fast blade and  i didn't see any slowness in my strokes in matter of fact my strokes with my combo (blade+rubbers) is very powerful to the degree that i step away from the table about 5-6 meters and still my strokes land on the opponent side of table

i gain the advantage of my blade and the advantage of the chinese tacky rubber
MJ SZLC ST

FH Super 999t 2.2mm Red
BH Super 999t 2.2mm black

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic