Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

TT pics from my trip to Japan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TT pics from my trip to Japan
    Posted: 06/29/2017 at 10:49pm
The pics are here: 

I played in Tokyo in 2 different clubs and once in Osaka. I also found a club in Kyoto, but it was closed during their posted hours, and one in Hiroshima, but I was too tired to play.

Japanese are very polite. They always say "sorry" if they miss a shot, so in a big club all you hear is non-stop "sumimasen" (or "gomennasai" if they missed wildly).

Lot of TT-shops there. I found several in Tokyo, Hiroshima, Osaka.  I think they are all mentioned on this forum, actually.

More non-TT pics here if you care:

Edited by avova - 06/29/2017 at 11:49pm
Sponsored Links

shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 12:54am
Beautiful pictures!
Thanks for sharing!
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 1:26am
I'm going to Tokyo on vacation in Oct...would love to learn more about your trip and suggestions for things to do/try.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
kucharski View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kucharski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 2:56am
Hi! Avova, can you tell where in namba exactly is the location of the TT club? tnx
Impossible is really impossible
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 6:57am
Originally posted by kucharski kucharski wrote:

Hi! Avova, can you tell where in namba exactly is the location of the TT club? tnx

Japan, 〒556-0021 Osaka Prefecture, Osaka, Naniwa Ward, Saiwaicho, 1 Chome−3−9

It is like 5 minutes walk from Dotonbori. I think this is their webiste: http://nishi-namba-tc.com/index.html  

Also, this place is 1-2 subway stations away from Namba, but it is more of a
training center/coaching. You get get a table there for $10 per hour though:
https://www.honmachi-tabletennis.com/
You need to bring a friend with you, they are mostly just coaching/robots.

Also, when you walk on the long shopping street there (I think it is called shinsaibashi-suji),
closer to Dotonbori there is a big entertainment center, with games, arcades, pool, etc, inside. They also have table tennis area there if you just want to play with a friend.

I used a combination of google + asking the locals + asking the hotel reception to find me TT clubs close + asking in TT shops to find TT clubs.

Edited by avova - 06/30/2017 at 7:19am
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 7:09am
Originally posted by wilkinru wilkinru wrote:

I'm going to Tokyo on vacation in Oct...would love to learn more about your trip and suggestions for things to do/try.

Well, you need to decide what you are into:
TT/food/tech/robotics/temples/shrines/nature/museums/bars/clubbing/etc.

Then plan your trip accordingly. 

I really liked: Thunderdome Dolphin rollercoaster (amazing views of Tokyo while you are riding it), Akihabara, Osaka, Hiroshima, travelling on shinkansens in general :)

Climbing a few mountains felt like a waste of energy really (even though it was fun), cause you really need it in Japan.

Expensive restaurants in Japan are really good :) 

TT clubs are easy to find (I found 3 in Tokyo, 2 in Osaka, etc)

Do  you have any specific questions?

Edited by avova - 06/30/2017 at 7:20am
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 8:17am
Cool photos. Funny how excessively polite the Japanese are but the ironic part is I can imagine all the apologies getting a bit annoying after a while.

How does the price of Butterfly products compare in Japan to outside?
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/30/2017 at 8:24am
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

Cool photos. Funny how excessively polite the Japanese are but the ironic part is I can imagine all the apologies getting a bit annoying after a while.

How does the price of Butterfly products compare in Japan to outside?

Yes, all the "sumimasening" gets really annoying very quickly, especially since they blurt it out super fast to just get it over with and start the next ball, haha.

I am not sure about the prices of Butterfly stuff, I do not actually use it. 
Tenergy 05 was $107 CAD. Is that cheap or expensive? I do not know. 

I think in general Japanese shops are noticeably more expensive than online stores, but they have some rules/laws inside the country that prevent them from shopping online. That's what I heard. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic