Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Darker S90 10.5mm vs. Kokutaku Cho Kiwami 10mm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ShaolinPP View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaolinPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Darker S90 10.5mm vs. Kokutaku Cho Kiwami 10mm
    Posted: 07/01/2017 at 11:03pm
I have seen some review of Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Kiwami 10mm and how it compare to darker speed 90 10mm, but haven't seen any review on darker speed 90 10.5mm. Does the extra 0.5mm make much difference on darker speed 90 10.5mm give extra edge advantage over Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Kiwami 10mm? I have seen reviews that say darker speed 90 10mm has better control and Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Kiwami has faster speed with the thickness 10mm. I am consider my next jpen and wonder if anyone have any suggestion and experience with both darker speed 90 10.5mm and Kokutaku Cho Super Cho Kiwami 10mm.

I am currently using:
Tsp special dynam 10.5mm  with victas 01 stiff
Xiom hibi O tour 10.5mm with xiom sigma ii pro
Sponsored Links

ChichoFicho View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChichoFicho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/02/2017 at 2:58am
It's all up to the grains.
 Darker blades have very small face which is suitable for fast-attacking style close to the table. If you don.t end the rally as fast as the chance of losing the point due to hitting the ball close to the edges becomes higher and higher. Speed 90 10.5 will have less control and because of the extra thickness the spin on loops will be less.
 The same is true for the KKT 10 mm. However, I have seen some KKT D-100 9 mm which have head shape 135 mm x 163 same as Butterfly. If you get a heavy one it will play better than the small face high end blades.

Edited by ChichoFicho - 07/02/2017 at 3:03am
Darker Speed 70

Hammond FA Speed

Tyotokusen
rchebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 1:34pm
Besides S90 and KKT there is Ariex.

Ariex "Royal" and "Excellent GT" blades are freaking awesome.
jpens... everywhere!
ShaolinPP View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaolinPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 2:32am
thanks chichoficho for the advise. I agree, the longer the rally the chances of losing point is higher, especially jpenholders. penholders usually play faster and quicker it seems. i tend to favor wider face in the 135mm range. i tend to miss hitting the ball with more narrow faces. i prefer faster blade, so i am looking for something faster than what i currently have. i was wondering if darker s90 10.5mm is faster than kkt 10mm. if so then i would consider darker s90 10.5mm over kkt 10mm.

the ariex roya looks interesting, it is 11mm thick and 135mm wide. this is really attractive.
http://ariex-sport.com/product/17rljp011305/
ShaolinPP View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShaolinPP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 2:37am
rchebel, i never heard of this brand. after looking at ariex-sport.com, this looks pretty nice, it is 11m. it must be very fast. faster than darker s90 10.5mm amd kkt 10mm. 

http://ariex-sport.com/product/17rljp011305/
LNH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LNH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 5:15am
rchebel, is the Ariex "royal" and "excellent GT" as good as the KTS gold edt?
Btw, have you received the KTS Gold edt from your Korean friend.  Havent  heard any feedback from you since he is willing to sell to you for  USD 1200.  Pls do share your thoughts on the KTS Gold edt.
rchebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rchebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 12:49am
Hi guys. My kts Gold still on the way to Brazil. I think i will put my hands on It in the next 20 days. The customs processing here delays ALL packages. So i also recently bought Royal and Excellent GT. They Will arrive after kts Gold. I cant Say nothing about playing in both cases right now. I Will keep you updated when they arrive.
jpens... everywhere!
shinshiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinshiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 8:39am
Originally posted by rchebel rchebel wrote:

Hi guys. My kts Gold still on the way to Brazil. I think i will put my hands on It in the next 20 days. The customs processing here delays ALL packages. So i also recently bought Royal and Excellent GT. They Will arrive after kts Gold. I cant Say nothing about playing in both cases right now. I Will keep you updated when they arrive.

Congrats for your acquisition!
I wanted to buy the Excellent GT a while ago, but the price was out of my budget
I'm looking forward to your impressions about the blades, specially Ariex ones. And of course, don't forget the pics hehe Big smile

Did you purchased on Ariex website? They are accepting paypal now?

Nice to see a brazilian here too!
rchebel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rchebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/07/2017 at 3:06pm
shinshiro they can send you a paypal money request by chat through facebook messenger or pay by paypal directly through the site. Smile

https://www.facebook.com/ARIEX.TAIWAN/

Nice to see another brazilian here too!! Beer

Edited by rchebel - 07/07/2017 at 3:21pm
jpens... everywhere!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic