Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Vs & recomentation : Tenergy 05 vs Tenergy 05 fx
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Vs & recomentation : Tenergy 05 vs Tenergy 05 fx

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vs & recomentation : Tenergy 05 vs Tenergy 05 fx
    Posted: 07/04/2017 at 5:10pm
Hi all

Well,

I currently play with zhang jike blue dragon blade with 2 tenergy 80 max

Although I am impressed with the blade it's an outer ALC composition similar to viscaria, I was not so much with the rubbers consistency especially when I started to play with it .

Its was difficult to make strong FH topspins on underspin balls ,but i got used to it in the meantime, but now I am thinking to switch to something else more spiny on serves consistant and higher arc for the FH ,I believe that tenergy 05 would be good choice

But I am not so sure about my BH rubber should I go with 05 or 05 fx ?

What aspects of the game will be improved and what wouldn't so much using this combo ?
How do they perform each in topspin play ,flicks passive & active blocks and chops

Sponsored Links

GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/04/2017 at 9:13pm
It's possible you might not like Tenergy at all on your forehand. You should give XiomOmega V Tour a try. High arc and maximum spin.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 1:58am
If the main reason for you switching rubbers from 80 to 05 is due to consistency issues, I don't think you'll be addressing the problem. Both are great rubbers in their own right but I have always found 05 to be harder to play with.

It's a great rubber for spinny loops but it is also the Tenergy that it most sensitive to incoming spin. While dangerous in the right hands, 05 isn't what I'd consider a safe rubber. The arc of 05 is indeed higher than 80.

05 FX is definitely an idea but unfortunately I haven't tried it. When deciding on bh rubber, I found one of the most important things to decide on was your desired hardness. I thoroughly enjoyed 80 but found the FX sponge too soft for my liking and did not like 80 FX as I found it limiting.

Have you considered trying out the new Rozena? It's been well received and it's whole marketing gimmick is consistency. I came to the realization I had a tough time controlling Tenergy on 7 ply blades so I'll be switching over shortly.

Edited by iamj8 - 07/05/2017 at 1:58am
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 2:12am
Get a Rozena or Karis M, alternatively a Vega Pro

Edited by h0n1g - 07/05/2017 at 2:12am
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 1:40pm
I have tried the 05 and it seemed to me that it isn't so hard to play rubber
Instead many balls went in more times than tenergy 80 which was sending the balls to the net more times. So definitely a high throw, more spin and easiest to play are facts that overcome the difficulty of receiving service ,if you have some good technique

I have tried for short time the 05 fx on bh and the bh banana flicks were excellent blocks controlable instead of tenergy 64 which wasn't good in those aspects but only in speed

I don't think rozena will make me better or offers better game play than the tenergy 80 which I dint like so much .I can't find a good reason to play with it
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 3:20pm
Tenergy64 Bad in Blocks? That's the first time I'm hearing this
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/05/2017 at 4:16pm
Yes I know it didn't suit me it's low throw angle
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 12:13am
This all sounds like a case of you needing to improve rather than certain Tenergies being better or worse.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/06/2017 at 5:37am
Improvement never stops for anyone ,

I state my opinion based on my experience saying that tenergy 64 was worse in bh flicking and some blocks than tenergy 05 fx which seemed easier to me
Maybe because of its low throw

Of course if I had more time to play with I would get used to it ,as happened with tenergy 80 which by the way lost its effect very quickly and I didn't noticed so much of the spring sponge and catapult effect even when new
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 7:48pm
Hi guys

Well I haven't the option of testing 05 and 05 fx I have to buy them new and try but I don't want to make a costly bad choice

Well as for fh I am convinced and want to try the 05 2.1 (my last rubber was the 80 2.1 , I believe it will suit me better

But the problem is on my bh rubber
What should I go for? 05 2.1 ,1.9 or 05 fx 2.1

I am left hander and bh oriented player although my fh is good enough
I also do bh blocks active and passive and many banana flicks but I am not always on perfect position for bh counter spin shot

I heard that 05 doesn't block so good
Should I go with 05 fx?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 9:02pm
Unless you are quite good (2000+ rating) with a very solid backhand and good control, I can only advise against the 05 in 2.1mm. It is a very hard to control rubber with that sponge thickness. I would advise to go with a 05 1.9 or even a 05FX 1.9. 
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/04/2017 at 9:18pm
I had T05 and T05fx . They were interchangeable for me. You can tell the FX is softer so it gives a little more control but thats about it for me. I am currently using T05 (both sides)on a Korbel and it blocks well. If you loosen your grip while blocking T05 is fine.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 4:26am
My previous setup was a zhang jike blue dragon blade with 2 tenergy 80 2.1
And i played fine no problem either on fh and bh but wasn't generating much spin

Now I am considering to go for a zhang jike alc blade with tenergy 05 on fh (I hope the high arc and more spin on serves and loops helps me)

I heard that you should use hard rubbers on flexible blade ,not soft because they bottom out

Thinking of zhang jike alc As a medium flex blade I am not sure if the fx will suit me although it has many good reviews ,but also I don't want to go with 64 because of the luw throw or 80 again

What will I gain if I go with 05 1.9 ?

As a left hander bh oriented player I need on bh good blocks and much spin to finish points , so I am not sure that the 1.9 will be my dream bh rubber
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/05/2017 at 9:32am
Did you sell your other blade? You are basically buying the same blade again. All the koto alc blades are nearly the same with a slight variation in the neck area. Since you seem to be more worried about spin you might want to consider a 5 ply wood blade w T05 2.1
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2017 at 10:06am
Yes but it may be much slower than carbon koto blade and I don't want to sacrifice speed

Any comment about tenergy 05 fx or 05 as Bh rubber?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2017 at 10:35am
Neither T05 or T05FX are "hard rubbers". Hard rubber would be an MX-S or Hurricane 8.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2017 at 8:11pm
For your bh you will need to close your racket angle a bit but other than that it is fine.
BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2017 at 8:40pm
05 or 05fx will make no observable difference at all.  One may feel better to you in some indefinable way, but it won't affect your play unless you want it to. 
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/06/2017 at 9:45pm
Im usually a person who argues against going to Tenergies early , but the op is using Tenergy 80 now and want more arc so that means getting  05
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2017 at 2:21pm
Well I currently play with tenergy 05 and 05 fx on a zhang jike alc blade
But my first feelings are mixed
I was using tenergy 80 previously and I have to say that 05 is spinner higher arc and similar speed I like it so far for my fh mini adjustments on pushes and serve returns nothing too difficult to control
But I am bit disappointed with 05 fx which was supposed to be a controlled version of 05 and I can't agree with this at all .
It's much bouncier and harder to control and block than 05
Even pushes are tricky .it spins and counterspins everything though but too bouncy to say that it is controlled version of 05
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/19/2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Neither T05 or T05FX are "hard rubbers". Hard rubber would be an MX-S or Hurricane 8.

No.  Hard rubbers would be short pipped rubbers without sponge.  Hard rubbers cannot in any way play similar to rubber with sponge underneath, no matter how thin that rubber might be.  Perhaps short pips with sponge in 0.5 mm. thickness, if there ever was or presently is such a rubber, would play somewhat similarly to traditional or modern hard rubber.  MX-8 or Hurricane 8 can, in decent club player to expert to elite to national to international hands, impart a lot more spin and somewhat more speed than good modern or classic (example:  Leyland) hard rubber in elite to international hands.Cry

Edited by berndt_mann - 08/19/2017 at 9:47pm
bmann1942
Setup: Mark Bellamy Master Craftsman blade, British Leyland hard rubber
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic