tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Blade Speed Comparison Sheet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 2:30am
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

So if I was a robot holding a blade by clamping I would experience different playing characteristics then the rest of you? Lol, sorry :P

You already do when you grip your blade hard for driving or lightly for soft-blocking.

Edit: Typo

Edited by arg0 - 07/09/2017 at 2:31am
Nexy Lissom & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join FOTB and Nexy Clan.
Member: Nexy, Violin & 1-Ply Clans.
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

It doesn't matter if the blade is clamped or gripped by the hand, an accelerometer or strain gauge will pick up what the mic can't.

Not so sure. Sound is emitted by the air moved by the vibration of the blade face. If the hand deadens the vibrations, why would a mechanical sensor pick it up? It may be more sensitive, but these frequencies will still have lower intensity than if the blade is clamped. Or am I wrong?
Join FOTB and Nexy Clan.
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 2:37am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

All: may I suggest that we only use this thread to post blade peak amplitude frequencies?

Let us post all discussions in the other thread I started. Keep this one clean.

You mean everyone has to copy over their posts to the other thread?
Btw, didn't h0n1g create a site for reporting the frequencies (first post), so should we use his tool or post them here?

I believe slevins point was that there are already 2 threads with detailed (IMO too detailed) discussions about the scientific methods that can be used to grasp/measure blade speed/attributes and this thread was simply meant as a forum to report results using the form or even post them here (I will then add them manually). This wasn't supposed to be the third thread discussing the pros and cons of this method.
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 2:45am
Then I suppose we should ask a mod to move all the comment posts to the other thread to clean this one up...
Join FOTB and Nexy Clan.
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 3:21am
... And it would be necessary to edit the first post and thread title to remove the reference to blade speed, or else people will inevitably object also in future.
Join FOTB and Nexy Clan.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/09/2017 at 4:09am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

It doesn't matter if the blade is clamped or gripped by the hand, an accelerometer or strain gauge will pick up what the mic can't.

Not so sure. Sound is emitted by the air moved by the vibration of the blade face. If the hand deadens the vibrations, why would a mechanical sensor pick it up? It may be more sensitive, but these frequencies will still have lower intensity than if the blade is clamped. Or am I wrong?

Because the vibration gets damped, which means less strong but not totally nullified, enough to be measured by an accelerometer or strain gauge that a mic might otherwise not pick up.

For the first mode, there is a pair of corresponding nodes in the blade head and handle. This mode gets excited really violently unless you hit the nodes. The ears may not hear it, but if the hand can feel it, so can the accelerometer or strain gauge.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 10:43pm
added a bunch of submissions today. Thank you everyone for contributing
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

great work! Thanks, h0n1g for setting this all up.
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

great work! Thanks, h0n1g for setting this all up.

hey! it was your idea!
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 4:30pm
added Tibhar VS Unlimited. Again, very reflective of perceived speed I find.
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/22/2017 at 11:05pm
updated
h0n1g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 8 hours 32 minutes ago at 2:28am
updated a large number of blades today, courtesy of shaibu and slevin.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic