FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Blade Speed Comparison Sheet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Hudoi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 4:15pm
?In Your table the Higgs frequency 1180. The Fanatic frequency 1491. But the manufacturer says that the Higgs faster blade than a Fanatic ...And You get the opposite ?
arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 5:54pm
Originally posted by Hudoi Hudoi wrote:

?In Your table the Higgs frequency 1180. The Fanatic frequency 1491. But the manufacturer says that the Higgs faster blade than a Fanatic ...And You get the opposite ?

Oh, I see: what is auto-translated into "Fanatic" is actually the "Zealot" blade!

Yes, this is what I get: Higgs has a much lower frequency than Zealot.

My playing impressions confirm this: I played with Higgs several months ago and with Zealot recently. I can confirm that Zealot is a rather fast and rigid blade, while I did not like Higgs and found it rather slow (I put slow rubbers on Higgs expecting it to be fast, so my comparison may not be 100% accurate).

It could be that my Higgs is a lemon (bad sample, or broken), or that the manufacturer data not accurate.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Hudoi View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 6:02pm
?I use the Fanatic + Tenerjee 05 + Karis M + (2.2). And Higgs + Karis M + (2.0) + Nittaku Fastak G1 for 6 months, ... It seems to me that Higgs is faster, more powerful (but I'm not a pro, but an advanced amateur ...). In your case, I doubt that Nexi can make a substandard product ... although ...
        And also: Higgs has 7 layers of wood, and the Fanatic has 5. It says something about something.

arg0 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 7:08pm
Indeed, Higgs is 7-ply and advertised as fast, so I was puzzled about my Higgs being rather slow. But the frequency I measured seems to confirm this. Maybe my blade got damaged. It would be interesting if you could measure the frequencies of your blades, so we can compare.
BTW, I'm not a Pro either, and probably not even an "advanced" amateur.
Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2017 at 11:22am
Was out sick for a while. Finally fully updated the list with arg0s latest data set. Thanks a lot for that, it's a lot of good data.

I'm pretty excited to see the amount of blades in this 'database' by now. Good work everyone who contributed!
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/21/2017 at 8:15pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

Was out sick for a while. Finally fully updated the list with arg0s latest data set. Thanks a lot for that, it's a lot of good data.

I'm pretty excited to see the amount of blades in this 'database' by now. Good work everyone who contributed!

i have a clipper and a eb7.some rubbers make the eb7 slower than clipper while eb7 is off+ and clipper is off.do you know why?
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 9:45pm
Sheet is updated. I measured an authentic DHS W968. Very interesting to see the comparison with the HL5. 
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 11:11pm
Thanks. Really appreciate all of your efforts.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 11:36am
adding a few values; it would be great to add in the OP here a direct link to slevin's original post:

Edited by fatt - 11/05/2017 at 5:29pm
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
windysummer1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windysummer1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 12:55pm
so which blade is the fastest so far (NOT including 1-ply hinoki)? xiom axelo?
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2017 at 4:01pm
All super thick balsa core blades will pitch over 2k. I bet the Joola Kool would for example..

Edited by fatt - 11/05/2017 at 4:02pm
rl gear ( •_•)O¯`·.¸.·´¯`°Q(•_•) feedback
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 12:26am
updated with lots of new blades. Starting to become a real collection
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic