FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > Equipment > Equipment

Blade Speed Comparison Sheet

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
lineup32 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lineup32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/28/2018 at 7:16pm
I had tested earlier a Roots 6 Basalt which came in at 1475, a spruce+Ayous+kiri but the manufacture rated the Roots 3 offensive 5-ply at 70% tempo and the Basalt at 65% so my expectation was that the Roots 3 would have a slightly higher Frequency but the difference was much larger then I anticipated. The Roots 3 has a very soft feel given it composition but it is thick, 6.5 and stiff. I have ordered a Roots 8 ZLC inner which has a construction closer to the Basalt roots 6 so it will be interesting to see it's frequency relative to the other two SoulSpin blades.
fatt View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 1:36pm
I have 2 Darker 1-ply hinoki and one of them is a Darker Speed 90 ST for sure, the other is an older Speed 90 (or maybe a Speed 70???), the latter is the one I measured above.

Today I measured the Speed 90 ST 90g: the value was so high I did it twice. Now on the 2 screen shots below if we take the peak on the left it says 735, the one on the right? 2325!

Given the 2 screen shots below, do you think I am doing anything wrong?

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by cyber_613 cyber_613 wrote:

DHS H301 - 91gram

IMG_6830 by cyber_613, on Flickr

how can you tell if the blade will have solid bounce not hollow based on the frequency chart?
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/03/2018 at 3:32pm
higher frequency = higher stiffness
sharper, more defined peak = harder outer ply

hinoki is very soft, hence less defined peak, but 1ply is stiff, hence higher frequency.
h301 is koto and overall hard, but retains some flex, hence sharp peak and mid frequency.

stiffer softer blades feel faster, more bouncy at low to medium impact, but can lack power away from the table. Just look at some balsa composites for example - high frequency and high stiffness.

Not sure how accurate this is, but I think we are getting closer.
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/11/2018 at 9:54pm
updated with a bunch of new data submitted by fatt and others
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic