Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

When are we getting Orange Balls?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 1:23am
I like yellow over orange
fluro yellow even better
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
Sponsored Links

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/12/2017 at 2:38am
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

fluro yellow even better

+1
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/19/2017 at 5:02pm
Yes,   DHS just started a limited production of coloured balls.
   The coloration looks dingy and faded, It does not comply with ITTF "color standard", I guess.

Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 3:12pm
SOME GOOD NEWS.   Nittaku just got ITTF approval certification for the Nexcel 40+ ball in orange. Vibrant orange colour is very good for the oldster's vision.

And on the downside we have a price scaring, some 3.50 usd a piece.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/02/2018 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by smackman smackman wrote:

fluro yellow even better

+1
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2018 at 8:11pm
i was about to write that the author mispelled "round"; then I realized I had written exactly that, almost a year ago.

So, what's changed since then?

Well, depending on which batch of DHS D40+ you get (whether they are real, counterfeit, or factory seconds) you might have a ball that plays somewhat reminscent of a Nittaku Premium. As in the DHS D40+ and Nittaku Premium feel like they are composed of similar materials. However trajectories and spin amounts on serve and drives seem, at least subjectively, to still be more varied than those found between celluloid 40mm 3* to 1*.

And the BTY G40 and XuShaoFa seamless are still made... And those balls have about as much resemblence to Nittaku Premiums as an Ostrich does to a Peacock.

So, the sport is still very much a Random Number Generator, if we are talking about the number of possible speed, spin and trajectories before and after the bounce, when switching between any of the 4 popular variations of "balls".

Edited by icontek - 05/05/2018 at 9:50pm
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05/05/2018 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

i was about to write that the author mispelled "round"; then I realized I had written exactly that, almost a year ago.

So, what's changed since then?

Well, depending on which batch of DHS D40+ you get (whether they are real, counterfeit, or factory seconds) you might have a ball that plays somewhat reminscent of a Nittaku Premium. As in the DHS D40+ and Nittaku Premium feel like they are composed of similar materials. However trajectories and spin amounts on serve and drives seem, at least subjectively, to still be more varied than those found between celluloid 40mm 3* to 1*.

And the BTY G40 and XuShaoFa seamless are still made... And those balls have about as much resemblence to Nittaku Premiums as an Ostrich does to a Peacock.

So, the sport is still very much a Random Number Generator, if we are talking about the number of possible speed, spin and trajectories before and after the bounce, when switching between any of the 4 popular variations of "balls".

How does the Butterfly A40+ play compared to a DHS D40+ and a Nittaku Premium 40+ ?
eonblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eonblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2018 at 12:27am
Any updates?

Huichuan/Yinhe 3 star from Cole.
DHS D40+ 1 star training from TT11.
Huieson/Huisheng "Train D40+" 3 Star from aliexpress.
Huieson/Huisheng "Train D40+" 1 Star from aliexpress.
Huieson/Huisheng "Match D40+" 3 Star from dhgate/aliexpress (mysteriously removed)
Kingnik Super Training 1 star from minkow.
Kingnik Super Training 2 star from minkow (picture on front page only, link goes to white.)
Nittaku Nexcel (not released yet)

Which are the best? I've only used the Huichuan and they aren't terrible.

Michael Maze ALC
Volt-T/Volt-M
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06/05/2018 at 4:57am
Originally posted by eonblue eonblue wrote:

Any updates?

Huichuan/Yinhe 3 star from Cole.
DHS D40+ 1 star training from TT11.
Huieson/Huisheng "Train D40+" 3 Star from aliexpress.
Huieson/Huisheng "Train D40+" 1 Star from aliexpress.
Huieson/Huisheng "Match D40+" 3 Star from dhgate/aliexpress (mysteriously removed)
Kingnik Super Training 1 star from minkow.
Kingnik Super Training 2 star from minkow (picture on front page only, link goes to white.)
Nittaku Nexcel (not released yet)

Double Fish V40+ orange, only supply within China. Those illicitly marked with ITTF logo.

Edited by igorponger - 06/05/2018 at 5:17am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic