Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Yinhe Moon / Moon Speed sponges

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yinhe Moon / Moon Speed sponges
    Posted: 07/09/2017 at 6:18pm
hello,

Some players at my club are now switching to yinhe Moon Speed (standard version i guess), the sponge is bright yellow, but browsing on aliexpress the users are posting photos that shows red sponge.

Can you guys share some info on the different sponge color of the many different versions of these rubber? (moon , moon pro, moon speed , moon speed factory tuned, etc)

PS: photos would be nice 

Edited by Reaper - 07/09/2017 at 6:20pm
Neottec Magic Control -CN : Nexy Karis M / 61second Kangaroo
Revoldia clone -ST: Hurricane 9 green / 61second Eagle
Donier Defensive -ST: Sword Long Can / 61second Eagle

Sponsored Links

al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 2:34pm

Edited by al_111 - 07/10/2017 at 2:40pm
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 2:38pm
AFAIK, the red sponge is called Arbalest, it is the same for regular Moon, Sun and Mars II, available in 3 hardness levels now instead of an older range 33-41 deg - Soft, Medium and Hard. 

The one under Moon Speed is God's Crossbow (YUP))), is the same as in Big Dipper, usually blue for black sheets and yellow (sometimes there are batches with orange sponge) for red ones. Hardness options are the same. 

Not sure about Pro versions of Moon and Sun - have seen Violet sponge under black Moon Pro and yellow under red Sun Pro, although the largest Ukrainian seller says it is just differently coloured Arbalest with "enhanced" performance (probably, factory boosted).

P.S. A lot of photos in one place here:

Edited by al_111 - 07/10/2017 at 2:40pm
in2spin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote in2spin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 4:03pm
The Moon Pro's I had had a light purply sponge.  But this was also couple years/generations ago.

I got them from Cole.  Not sure of the hardness, I'm assuming 'middle'.  Also, Moon Pro had a bad bubbling issue.  It's only a $15-16 dollar rubber, but, one bubble, and it's history.  It was happening about the rate of 1 in 5 sheets.  I still got a few old sheets, in case anybody is interested.

:)

Edited by in2spin - 07/10/2017 at 4:07pm
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/10/2017 at 7:57pm
Originally posted by al_111 al_111 wrote:

The one under Moon Speed is God's Crossbow (YUP))), is the same as in Big Dipper, usually blue for black sheets and yellow (sometimes there are batches with orange sponge) for red ones. Hardness options are the same. 

thanks al_111, what a mess, 3 different colors for one model (moon speed). My friends' rubbers are red all with yellow sponge only one of them has a black one and i think is also yellow (not blue), i'll re check next week.

man it's hard to tell if the item is fake or not, and i don't wanna sell them something fake.

al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 8:21am
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

man it's hard to tell if the item is fake or not, and i don't wanna sell them something fake.
Well, I seriously doubt someone will have intention to fake 10-15$ rubbers. This is actually one of the upsides for using cheaper equipmentWink 

The downside for the mentioned Yinhe rubbers is that they simply do not match ESN or japanese sheets in performance. Still, they can suit quite a lot of amateurs better than those high-quality-high-catapult rubbers.

With that said, Yinhe makes some really good hybrids - Big Dipper 38 and (for those who like it hard))) 39, Venus II and III, both soft and medium are close to the best in the group. Just make sure you pick the hardness that suits your game at once, as all the sponges we've been discussing do not hold the booster well - you have a short increase in performance, and after a few re-applications you end up with an overboosted topsheet...
htfu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote htfu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 11:49am
both of the moon pro (red) that i have have a white sponge
denial ... it's not just a river in north africa
mjamja View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 5:14pm
Just changed out some Moon Pro for a friend. Both old and new sheets had the light purple/lavender color sponge.

Mark
Reaper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Reaper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 7:09pm
today I tried a Red Moon Speed with old yellow sponge and a black Sun rubber with the new orange sponge, both glued to a yinhe N-4 blade (black handle).

According to the yinhe catalog, the Sun is faster and with the new sponge it should be even more! right? but it wasn't. The sponge is firmer and louder, the rubber had a lower throw and was slower than the MoonSpeed. I Actually liked the rubber but it's quite annoying that ths specs doesn't match with reality.

Have you guys played with any of the new rubbers that Yinhe are releasing? (Earth II, Jupiter II, Venus III or Big Dipper II) 

yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/30/2017 at 8:33pm
moon speed is different from the regular moon. it feels slightly softer and the spin is less but the rubber is bouncy and less tacky.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 6:02am
Originally posted by Reaper Reaper wrote:

Have you guys played with any of the new rubbers that Yinhe are releasing? (Earth II, Jupiter II, Venus III or Big Dipper II) 
Venus III is said to be very much like Venus II (who would have thought, right?) but a tiny bit faster (it is a description given by Yinhe dealer, so not sure it is not a little marketing trick).
Can you share a link to some info on BD2? I seem to be unable to find any...
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/31/2017 at 7:14pm
The original Moon and Sun had sponges the same colour as Tenergy as that is what their main object was to try and say how their products were like Tenergies
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic