Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help choosing the Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
giovanni.rana View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote giovanni.rana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help choosing the Equipment
    Posted: 07/11/2017 at 3:22am
Hello everyone,

So my name is Giovanni and currently I've started to play table tennis on a more regular basic and  i want to keep doing it. I would like to buy a new bat, and this is the reason I am asking your help.

My plan is to order it from contra.de and have it delivered but I don't have the experience in order to be able to configure it alone, could you please help me.

I have decided the blade and it would be an Stiga allround classic EVO. Tell me which rubbers would you advise to mount on it.

Also please I would like the full price to be around 60E.

Your advices are higly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sponsored Links

ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 4:58am
You should spend a little bit more than 60E. The blade is 40E. 10E inverted rubber isn't great. 729 Super FX isn't bad for that price, but if it were me I would spend a little bit more and go for Xiom Musa or Xiom Vega Intro.

Or better yet, you can ask around your club. See if anyone has some old rubbers. I have a gaint stack of old stuff and I often give new players the old ones for free. Old tensors are good for a beginner. Brand new tensors or spring sponge rubbers are usually too much for a beginner to handle and will actually do your game more harm than good.  When learning, slower is often better for a multitude of reasons.

Edited by ericd937 - 07/11/2017 at 5:05am
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/11/2017 at 5:34am
Start with the most expensive ever (both blade and sheets) then work your way down until you realize all you ever needed was a basic 5-ply all around , H3 forehand and Any Euro/JP backhand...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic