Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

vancouver open

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: vancouver open
    Posted: 09/12/2006 at 12:34am
we just got a new korean guy in our province- Lee Sang Muk... apparently he's an ex-korean national team player. started playing when he was 19 not he's 36. very easily a 3500 player. on the last day of the tournament, he played 2300 semi, finals, doubles semi (didn't have finals because not enough time), and open mens semi back to back right before the mens singles finals against andre ho (canada U-15 and U-18 champion, 2900 canadian) who was studying with coach li lian-ip on how to beat him.

so there was lee on one side of the court, with his right leg injury and allergic skin, and andre ho on the other side. AND.........

lee kicks andre's ass 3-0... last game was 10-2 lead for lee then he just stood there and pushed everything for andre to loop... pretty amazing style.

too bad i didn't get a video of the fianls, but i did get a video of him playing Gary Zhong, 2300 penhold wonder.

you'll be amazed at how easily he beats gary.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=599M6CYP

Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
Sponsored Links

hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 1:28pm
is he a shakehander or a penholder?
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 3:34pm
both guys in the video are penholder. I think the person he's talking about is on the far side of the table...the one using a korean/japanese handle type raquet.

Not the most exciting game. I expected some more rallies.
hubie60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hubie60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 3:54pm
thanks
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2006 at 8:15pm
yea, he's the guy in the far side of the table. i also agree it doesn't have enough rallies, but the fact is, no one can get his loops... andre only got probably 5 or 6 of them but he just looped again and killed him. first time i have seen such a great jpener live. now all i have to do is just go practice more
real- kreanga View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 7:29pm

yes....  the guy is such great player I talked with him yesterday and he said Andre Ho was nothing for me...... and also Amelia Ho called me last night and she told me that they want to invite the new korean guy for the Hamony Cup next thu & Fri  in Vancouver they'll kick Adam Hugh and Lee will play.....  his real name is Sang Mook Lee

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 7:32pm
and I have all the movies of him even when his playing with Kong L and Joo Se Huyk .
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 1:21am
hey real-kreanga, you live in surrey? you seem to know lee pretty good. i'm thomas lee... maybe i played you before?
i would love it if they will kick off adam and put lee in instead because lee is so much better then adam imho. too bad i wouldn't be going, i was asked to go umpire but i had to help out in dad's restaurant on the 22nd, it'll be really busy. i'll see if i can go umpire on the 21st.
can you put up some vids of him playing the international stars? thanks man
PeonEater View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeonEater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 2:44am

Get real, you don't even know your doubles partner?

Anyways, the problem with Lee is that we don't know how good he really is.  He's getting back to his old level, so he'll be even better in a couple of months.  I remember the first time I played him I thought I had a 30-40% chance of winning.  He was rusty and missing a lot.  Then the second time this was down to anywhere from 1-5% because he's not missing much anymore.  And right now nobody in BC can touch his loops when he gets them on.

Maybe when we get to see him play some better competition (Wang Zhen, Xiao Han) we can see how good he really is.

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 10:10am
oh... real-kreanga is sasan? sweet. who're you then peoneater?
LowEndNewbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LowEndNewbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 12:30pm
hey

this guy started play at 19 and hes 3500? thats really impressive.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 6:14pm
WOW... this thing getting more intersting so peoneater  is Sam Lin .........    really you gotta watch him playing against Wang & Xiao and also that new guy I'm not sure , but I think he's  Nison  or somthing from Russia....... so yeah buy your tickets and enjoy watching the games.........    see u guys Thu & FridaY   y
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 6:31pm
oh great, so peoneater is sam... how do you know that real- kreanga (sasan?)? sam's style is so cool. fluid and effective. much cooler then mark's
haven't seen that nison guy yet, or maybe i did but just didn't know. anyway, its great to see some real good players here in B.C. that aren't from bridgeport sports club...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 3:57pm

so Sam r u going to watch?   thomas I have the doubles video its not bad I count it I have missed 19 and you've missed 16 so you're better than me in doubles , but I had injury on Sunday that's why I lost to Sam and Bobby......  lol  

dun worry in ACME Open I'll get my pionts back........ 

Jimbotbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbotbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by LowEndNewbie LowEndNewbie wrote:

hey

And additionally he was a korean team player?!
I cannot believe that.
hieupham View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hieupham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 6:49pm
Originally posted by Jimbotbs Jimbotbs wrote:

Originally posted by LowEndNewbie LowEndNewbie wrote:

hey

And additionally he was a korean team player?!
I cannot believe that.

Good call, since i ve never seen anyone started playing later than 14, to get to a national team, especially in the Korean team. Uusually, players start when they re 7-9, work through their junior and youth league, then joining the youth team, and couple of them get into the national team, the rest go coaching the junior, or still playing at a lower level. That s pretty much the way it is in China, and in Vietnam where i used to play junior and youth.
DHS Hurricane King FL
FH: B. Hurricane 3 2.2mm
BH: R. Sriver EL 2.1
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 10:10pm
well, there is also hao shuai who started out at age 13? i'm not sure but i read that somewhere on one of the forums... anyway, i only got the news second hand, you can ask real-kreanga, he'll know.
Jimbotbs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jimbotbs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:27pm
I heard that Grubba started playing very late. I am not sure, but I think he started with 16 years. This seems incredible for me, but 19 years?
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 11:09pm
well, if you think about it (assuming grubba did infact start at 16 years old), then lee sang muk is only 3 years behind him but i'm pretty sure grubba plays at a much higher level then lee, i hope i'm making sense... again i'm not 100% sure of the stuff but heard it second hand.
anyway, i just wanted to post the vid for you guys, thats all.
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 1:11am

Originally posted by real- kreanga real- kreanga wrote:

and I have all the movies of him even when his playing with Kong L and Joo Se Huyk .

Can you post it? Really want to see. He looks real good against Ho.

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 2:20am

he's my ex-coach  he said he had kim teak soo as a good coach when he was 19 , he did play before 19 , but not good coaches not good practice and ect...

bobby song and his dad asked Lee to give bobby lesson...... 

7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 2:49am
hey bogeyhunter, were you at vancouver open too? his loops are so amazing, must be seen first hand to experience the thrill
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 2:52am
bobby's dad is pretty nice actually, gives me advice and encouragement every now and then. bobby's improve like crazy.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 11:00am
danny ho was here yesterday to practice with lee they practice for 2 hours and then they went to korean retaurant.....  for dinner
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 6:35pm
no offense but danny ho's a loser...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 7:30pm
hey thomas are u gonna go this Thu & Fri ............    I have to give my entry form for the ACME Open..........  c u later..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 7:33pm

Lee asked me to be his coach this Thu & Fri...  wow I'm so good now....  lol

Schlager Inspire FL
Tenergy 05
Nittaku Narucross Super Soft
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/19/2006 at 7:59pm
i think we should carry on this tread off the board sasan... go on msn... odn't waste the bandwidth here
bogeyhunter9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bogeyhunter9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2006 at 12:07am

Originally posted by real- kreanga real- kreanga wrote:

Got movie? please post

Rating : 2000
Hallmark Aurora + TSP Curl P1-R 0.5 mm/Globe 999 blue.
Dr.N Firewall Plus+Globe 999 Red+Destroyer OX/Saviga V OX.
Speed glue long pips..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote real- kreanga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/20/2006 at 1:12am
hey I heard that Wang Zhen is not playing b'coz he had a problem in china so they'll put PETER-PAUL Pradeeban  to play, but Xiao Han is playing.....   I'll put all the results and videos....
Schlager Inspire FL
Tenergy 05
Nittaku Narucross Super Soft
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic