Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What are the benefits of Chinese rubber if...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
The Notorious View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Notorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What are the benefits of Chinese rubber if...
    Posted: 07/14/2017 at 5:53pm
If the tackiness slowly fades away after a few months?

Is it not then an inferior Euro-Jap hard rubber? Can someone explain please, thanks.
HL5
H3 Neo
T05
Sponsored Links

Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 6:00pm
A player at my club is using Hurricane 8 on both sides. When I tried his racket, I was really suprised because I really liked it. Blocking and countering felt really solid(normally with hard china rubber) it's the opposite. Looping was still very nice and spinny. When I had a good look at his rubbers I saw that the topsheet turned greasy and non tacky. It turned out that he cleans his rubber with a foam cleaner after each practice. So the tackiness faded away. So the advantage off non tacky china rubber is the speed and the ease of use. Ofcourse the dip will be a lot less but it's perfectly usable especially if you play a counterstyle based game. I would compare the feeling to Xiom Sigma Europe I
Skyline View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skyline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 6:01pm
the advantage compared to euro jap rubber is control and stability.
MLfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MLfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 6:22pm
there is no advantage lol. if that happens, it's time to change rubbers!
The Notorious View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Notorious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 6:31pm
Originally posted by MLfan MLfan wrote:

there is no advantage lol. if that happens, it's time to change rubbers!
Happened in like a month?
HL5
H3 Neo
T05
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 7:16pm
Originally posted by The Notorious The Notorious wrote:

Happened in like a month?

Depends on how often you use and clean.

After about the first month it loses its tack but the top sheet remains grippy. Depending on your technique this can be less spinny or more spinny. I had a sheet of Dawei IQUL that became spinnier after losing its tack.

The good thing about Chinese rubbers it the top sheets are so durable and the sponge remains hard so you can loop-drive through anything. I found an old sheet of PF4 (about 3 years) that's still grippy.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 8:39pm
The tackiness can be maintained for much longer than that if you know what you're doing.
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

The tackiness can be maintained for much longer than that if you know what you're doing.

what do you do to maintain tackiness?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/14/2017 at 9:31pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 12:39am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Cat piss works. YOu put your bat in the kitty litter for your cat's next session. Your rubba will be the tackiest
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 8:51am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

Clean rubber with water after each session, wipe off (with hand) and put on rubber protector. It differs how long the rubbers stay tacky. (atleast they have for me)
man_iii View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote man_iii Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/15/2017 at 1:37pm
I heard if you wipe with water and put on Clear packaging tape on the wet surface, you can make a Non-tacky rubber SUPER-TACKY after 24hrs ! But it is illegal by ITTF rules :-)

Don't do it on any EXPENSIVE RUBBERS ! You will regret the results :-)

Get a 4 or 5 dolla rubber like 729-5 or something and try on that :-)

Also when removing the packaging tape I would recommend using Nail Polish Remover to help with the process Wink
wilkinru View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 11:50am
I think the major advantage is that Chinese rubbers are like $5...so change them a lot.
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 1:41pm
I just found a bat I'd lost for 4 years with an old sheet of Dawei 2008 XP.

It was collecting dust in a corner somewhere. Wiped the topsheet with a wet sponge and let it dry and it was still tacky and as bouncy as it was years ago. Maybe not as tacky but it can still generate a serious amount of spin. Will be using this bat for my next session.

That's 2 old sheets I found. 1 DHS PF4 and 1 Dawei 2008. Chinese rubbers last forever.
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 4:46pm
isn't super tacky Chinese rubbers = the inferior quality, i.e. provincial is way less tacky than a commercial?  so do you really need or want super tacky?
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 5:02pm
Originally posted by tom tom wrote:

isn't super tacky Chinese rubbers = the inferior quality, i.e. provincial is way less tacky than a commercial?  so do you really need or want super tacky?
So I was about asking the benefits of Chinese rubber is there was minimal tack? (i.e. the difference between a hard Euro-Jap rubber in that case)
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by SmackDAT SmackDAT wrote:

So I was about asking the benefits of Chinese rubber is there was minimal tack? (i.e. the difference between a hard Euro-Jap rubber in that case)

Please rephrase your question - not sure what are you saying.
SmackDAT View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmackDAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 6:01pm

What are the benefits of Chinese rubber vs hard Euro-Jap if the tackiness is low/gone?
Zhang Jike ALC AN (88g)
Tenergy 05 Hard (2.1, B)
Tenergy 19 (2.1, R)
https://goo.gl/bFWoxW
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 6:24pm

What are the benefits of Chinese rubber vs hard Euro-Jap if the tackiness is low/gone?
From my experience with H2 /3 variants, it is the ability to generate spin regardless of how tacky the rubber is on the surface that matters(benefit) - in other words don't just judge by how tacky is the surface.  If the rubber is not generating quality spin after reboost then I don't see any benefit if you are a loop oriented player
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 6:43pm
The most obvious benefit is the price, then it is the speed- slower than most euro-jap which will help to open your moves and develop power.Spin can be very deceptive. Another big advantage is the short game and maybe the serve. Saying all this I don't mean that one will play better with Chinese than eu-jap. Buy and try.They(chinese) are anything but expensive

Edited by Kolev - 07/19/2017 at 12:26am
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/18/2017 at 9:29pm
been a chinese rubber user in my forehand all my life. i still stick to hurricane 3 or globe 999 national boosted. it requires correct techniques but when you get the hang of it, you will have spinnier loops and more control. the thing with chinese rubbers is that you can always do full swings because the bounciness is not much like euro/jap rubbers. 
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
onehander View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onehander Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 12:31pm
Hi Yogi_bear,

I appreciate and can really relate to your reviews with your consistent reference points.  You often pair up a walnut/spruce or similar type blade with the Chinese rubber.  Would you say that is the ideal combination for bringing out the best of Chinese rubber?

I'm also curious about your stance with the euro sponge pairing with Chinese top sheets to replicated the feeling of boosted Hurricane 3.  Do you think it is possible, or is there anything out there that you would say is close?  Tibhar Hybrid K1+ ?  

Thanks!
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 4:01pm
Originally posted by Kolev Kolev wrote:

The most obvious benefit is the price, then it is the speed- slower than most euro-jap which will help to open your moves and develop power.Spin can be very deceptive. Another big advantage is the short game and maybe the serve. Saying all this I don't mean that one will play better with Chinese than eu-jap. Buy and try.They(chinese) are anything but expensive
Good chinese rubbers are not cheap. The cheap one is hit and miss Embarrassed
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 5:36pm
If you refer to dhs provincial and national I have nothing to say.Yes indeed they are expensive, but I don't think that with them we are going to miss less.
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
yogi_bear View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yogi_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 9:22pm
Originally posted by onehander onehander wrote:

Hi Yogi_bear,

I appreciate and can really relate to your reviews with your consistent reference points.  You often pair up a walnut/spruce or similar type blade with the Chinese rubber.  Would you say that is the ideal combination for bringing out the best of Chinese rubber?

I'm also curious about your stance with the euro sponge pairing with Chinese top sheets to replicated the feeling of boosted Hurricane 3.  Do you think it is possible, or is there anything out there that you would say is close?  Tibhar Hybrid K1+ ?  

Thanks!

it is personal preference but i really like chinese rubbers with limba outer or walnut outer plied blades. they seem to pair quite well for me. I have not tried Hybrid K1 but tried hybrids before and for me they are not super good but they are not bad either. I think There is still no close equivalent of H3's among euro hybrids. The topsheet of the H3 is just different and probably it really gives a different feel uness you put an h3 topsheet itself to a euro sponge.
Independent online TT Product reviewer of XIOM, STIGA, JOOLA, SANWEI, GEWO, AIR, ITC, APEX, YASAKA and ABROS

ITTF Level 1 Coaching Course Conductor, ITTF Level 1 Coach
Chairman Meow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/19/2017 at 9:40pm
There is H3-60 (yes, H3-60, not TG3-60). It is H3 on a tinarc (#60) sponge.
-1 ply Cypress 11.5mm "The Castigator"
-H3 Prov. Blue Sponge 2.2mm 41 deg.
-H3 Prov. Orange Sponge 2.1mm 37 deg
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 12:48am
Originally posted by Chairman Meow Chairman Meow wrote:

There is H3-60 (yes, H3-60, not TG3-60). It is H3 on a tinarc (#60) sponge.

Is it a provincial rubber?  I've never seen a commercial one.  I've been thinking H3 would be nice on the #60 sponge.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 10:52am
It's not readily available, but you can get it from prott. It costs around 45 dollars, so it is probably national or provincial. They also have H3 on a white cake sponge (#65) and a red cake sponge (# unknown) I don't know what their characteristics are, though.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 1:29pm
Nice. Thanks, Chairman.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chairman Meow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/20/2017 at 1:39pm
Here is the link
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic