Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

recommend Xiom rubber similar to Vega Europe

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: recommend Xiom rubber similar to Vega Europe
    Posted: 07/16/2017 at 10:02am
Hi, 

Can anybody recommend my a Xiom rubber similar to Xiom Vega Europe, 
but with a slightly harder sponge? 

I like Vega Europe on BH, but on FH it is a bit unforgiving for smashes. 
I feel like it is because the sponge is very soft. Am I right? 
In that case I wound want to replace it with a similar Xiom rubber, but with a slightly harder sponge.

My rubbers are super old anyways, it is time to replace them.

By the way, I tried Donic Bluefire M2, and it felt good. Very spinny, but it also felt soft.

Thank you!

Update: maybe Xiom Omega V Europe or Xiom Vega Japan?

Edited by avova - 07/16/2017 at 10:15am
Sponsored Links

6Finger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 10:25am
Xiom Vega pro, if you can choose go for black rubber, red one's tend to reverse dome and unglue so needs regluing oftenly, black ones are great, by far best xiom rubber for me.
HuLimei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HuLimei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 12:26pm
Vega NON-Europe
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 12:39pm
According to http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=58271&PN=3&title=xiom-vega-japan-review

Xiom rubbers' hardness is 

VEGA ELITE 40
VEGA EUROPE 42.5 
VEGA JAPAN 45 
VEGA PRO 47.5 
VEGA ASIA 47.5 
VEGA CHINA VM 54 

OMEGA IV ELITE 40 
OMEGA IV EUROPE 42.5 
OMEGA IV PRO 47.5 
OMEGA IV ASIA 47.5 

SIGMA I EUROPE 47.5 
SIGMA I PRO 47.5 
SIGMA II EUROPE 45  
SIGMA II PRO 47.5  
BigFatLoop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigFatLoop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 12:22am
is it the red dye that causes it to reverse dome more?  My red Omega IV Asia used to reverse dome more than black Omega IV Pro.  Asia was said to have softer top sheet and harder sponge and Pro was just the opposite so I am not sure if the reverse doming made sense.  Also the red IV Asia shrunk more than the black IV Pro after swapping both rubbers to other blades a few times.

With my new Omega V Asia (FH and BH), the black Asia rubber shows a slightly larger regular dome than the red Asia rubber but the black rubber also shrinks quite a bit more than the red one, after a few blade swaps.

So, as far as the OP's question, in theory, Omega V Asia has a softer top sheet and the hardest sponge of all.

Originally posted by 6Finger 6Finger wrote:

Xiom Vega pro, if you can choose go for black rubber, red one's tend to reverse dome and unglue so needs regluing oftenly, black ones are great, by far best xiom rubber for me.

Edited by BigFatLoop - 07/17/2017 at 12:31am
6Finger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6Finger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 2:37am
I didn't notice any significant shrinking on Xiom vega/omega rubbers, maybe 1 or 2 mm but I stretch them easily when regluing and they play normaly, most modern tensors shrink much more and when stretched back to original size play badly.

As a graphic technician I can confirm that red pigment is most problematic and has been throughout history, applied to table tennis rubbers red one's are almost allways softer and wear out much faster.
That is one of the main reasons why most players use them on backhand side allthough it would make sense to use red rubber on forehand side for players that serve forehand serves because there is less contrast with white ball and its harder to see contact point on serves.
ericd937 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericd937 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 9:31am
Vega Japan is vastly superior to Vega Europe. I have a friend that swears by Vega Pro, that might work for you also.  But honestly, you should try Andro Rasanter R42 or R47. The supermax sponge doesn't bottom out for me at all, even on R42. Both perform superior to any Xiom rubbers I've tried. I love Xiom blades though.
Current Setup: TBS FH T80/BH D80
Official USATT Rating 1815
Current estimated level: 1800-1900.
avova View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote avova Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/17/2017 at 9:56am
I ordered both Vega Japan and Vega Pro, I will try and see which one is better. 

Thank you!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic