Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Creating different speed blades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Creating different speed blades
    Posted: 07/16/2017 at 1:36pm
Hi,

Is there a standard method for the construction alteration creating different speed ratings for a given blade series?  

With no change in the published description of the materials of the blade, the series offers OFF+, OFF, OFF-, etc.  How is it the manufacturer discriminates among them?  Is each one a different manufacturing modality or is it a product of testing the blade post-production to determine its speed rating?

If it is the case that different modalities are used to create different blade speeds, what specific technical methods are used to alter the speed?

Just curious.........Thanks!
Donn
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 6:04pm
Gluing, thickness of different layers of wood, type of glue, how you lay the wood layers is going to affect the speed/flex of the blade.to make an example (I'm not saying they are using epoxy as glue) but if I glue toghether some wood with epoxy it's going to be hard/stiff, if I use the same wood and woodglue instead of epoxy it's going to be softer/more flexible.
DonnOlsen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnOlsen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 7:04pm
Thank you henningf
Donn
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/16/2017 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by DonnOlsen DonnOlsen wrote:

Hi,

Is there a standard method for the construction alteration creating different speed ratings for a given blade series?  

With no change in the published description of the materials of the blade, the series offers OFF+, OFF, OFF-, etc.  How is it the manufacturer discriminates among them?  Is each one a different manufacturing modality or is it a product of testing the blade post-production to determine its speed rating?

If it is the case that different modalities are used to create different blade speeds, what specific technical methods are used to alter the speed?

Just curious.........Thanks!

I think each company pretty much makes up their own ratings based on their own opinions, with limited relativity to other brands.
W6 fl with Illumina 1.8

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic