Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

RE: rubbers from presport

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RE: rubbers from presport
    Posted: 09/13/2006 at 1:55pm
Hi I was looking at the prices on rubbers from presport and they are cheaper than any other place I've seen. For example Yasaka Mark V is 22$ Canadian. While dandoy (which I consider to be a good general indicator) is 32$. The price is cheaper for almost all rubbers though not by as much. Even with shipping it's a better price. What's the deal? Are the rubbers authentic?
Sponsored Links

ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 2:42pm
its called a free port
paullau512 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paullau512 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 2:57pm
yes it is real rubbers .
Stiga Allround Classic
Haifu Shark II Max both sides
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 3:15pm
You mean like no taxes on imports? I see thanks.
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 5:16pm
exactly
ttman View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 5:17pm
ya when I first started playing I was curious about that too my economics teacher said thats one of the plus's of a free port but it also hurts locally based buisnesses
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2006 at 7:01pm
It is cheap.. really. I have been waiting for my VSG21-2000 AN since may...3&1/2 months...
we make real professional handmade table tennis blades - ospblades.com
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 9:19am
I know about long shipment times but 3.5 months is ridiculous. Are you sure it's comming? What do they say?
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 9:23am

apology - promise - apology - promise - apology - promise
in their last letter they said they had been waiting for a parcel from Bfly that would arrive in the mid september...
tomorrow I will ask again...

Madbrazilian View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madbrazilian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 7:25pm
See that's why I'm worried about ordering from presports/dandoy....
Killerspin Diamond TX ST
Killerspin Forza 4z 2.1 both sides
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 7:28pm

Originally posted by Madbrazilian Madbrazilian wrote:

See that's why I'm worried about ordering from presports/dandoy....

never had a problem with dandoy it takes about 1 1/2 to 2 weeks delivered to the states

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2006 at 10:29pm
Did you actually order and pay or are you just waiting for them to restock PLLSystem?
Potato Face
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 2:28am
Of course I have paid. Otherwise they wouldn't not have taken a single step for the business. I ordered VSG 21-2000 AN they had only FL on stock but they promised to get it from Butterfly in 5-8 weeks. So I didn't wonder but I am not glad. At the same time I ordered the same bat from Butterflyonline. It arrived 5days into my hand after ordering. Dandoy is the same.
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 9:12am
I've ordered stuff from dandoy and had to wait a few weeks but never had a problem you describe.
davesb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davesb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 9:48am
I have ordered from Presports with no problem... delivery to the UK in a week.
PLLsystem View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PLLsystem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 10:20am

Yeah, I have just received their mail: my bat is on stock. They are about to send it to me. "It could take up to 21 working days for certain countries."
Perhaps I can have it to Xmas

Wheelie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 10:29am
Never had a problem with PreSports or with Dandoy.
I've bought blades, rubbers, shirts, glue.
Budric View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Budric Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2006 at 11:37am
The problem is I wanted to order stuff that they don't have in stock (they never have the thickness I want for any rubber). So I'm afraid of running into the same problem. Otherwise I read other posts where people got their stuff ok.
cmetsbeltran15 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmetsbeltran15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 9:40pm
If you live in US or Canada, PAY THE EXTRA MONEY! I ordered from Dandoy and it took a good 2 months for the rubber to come. I got a Neos Sound, its not a very good sound at all, I think its a fake, and the guy made nothing about excuses as to why it was so late, such as he was on vacation, his email wasn't working, the system didn't get my order the first time...
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
ttnooblar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttnooblar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 6:54am
i ordered sriver from there. it came in 1 week (!!!!!!!!)
BTY Michael Maze (Flared)
Donic F2 2.0mm (FH)
Donic F2 2.0mm (BH)
alfie View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alfie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 8:29am

Originally posted by cmetsbeltran15 cmetsbeltran15 wrote:

If you live in US or Canada, PAY THE EXTRA MONEY! I ordered from Dandoy and it took a good 2 months for the rubber to come. I got a Neos Sound, its not a very good sound at all, I think its a fake, and the guy made nothing about excuses as to why it was so late, such as he was on vacation, his email wasn't working, the system didn't get my order the first time...

that's a shock for me I have had nothing but good service from Dandoy

Blade Xiom Control 3/ALL+
BH Andro impuls speed
FH H3 Provincial
Tibhar CTE
herbwn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote herbwn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 9:43am
the only drawback on these foreign sies is that your shipment maybe checked by US customs and they will charge a large tax for you to bring such materials into the states. But that only happens if your shipment get checked which is almost never (although I get it once ordered stuff worth 75 bucks and the fee was almost 60 bucks).
pimpmyracket View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pimpmyracket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:07am
Wow that's a crazy customs charge. For Canada, we get charged 14% + $8.00 handling fee per box, which isn't too bad on larger orders.
-   pimpmyracket   -

729 Dynasty Hinoki Carbon, FL
Cream MRS
- 2.2mm
Stiga Innova - 2.0mm
7homuz View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7homuz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:42am
i ordered my jpen blade from iruiru and they didn't have it in stock. they emailed kokutaku and got it sent out to me the next day, great service, fast delivery. thing is, they have expensive shipping and i hate the fact that on the 2 occasions i've ordered from them i had to pay customs and taxes both times... first time was 25 or so and last timewas 13... sad...
Blade:Darker 7P-2A
Forehand: Donic Bluefire M2 MAX
Backhand: Palio CK531A 0.6
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic