Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tenergy05-like rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 1:19am
Having used T05 and T64 for 2 years and then trying to spend another 2 years trying to find an alternative, I can tell you that there is no alternative.
I have tried all of the following:
For T05: Baracuda, FastArc G1, Goldarc 3, Rasant PowerGrip,  Rasant Turbo, M1 Turbo, M1, M2, Victas V15, Joola Maxxx 500, EL-S, EL-P, MX-P, MX-S Genius and a few more I cannot remember.
For T64: FastArc P1, C1, Victas V15 Limber, Baracuda Bigslam, EL-S, MX-S, F-S, Bluefire JP2, etc.

I can tell you that for the same stroke and contact, there is no alternative for these rubbers, especially for a purely offensive player.  
The reason I gave up on T rubbers was the cost and the life I got out of them...and the reason I stopped looking for alternatives was that I realized I played equally well with most decent rubbers on the BH once I adjusted in 3-5 days of play...and that I was spending ore looking for alternatives than I was on T rubbers.
On My FH I could not get more than 2 months of life from T05 (I play FH dominant) and on the BH it was around 3 months playing 15-18 hrs a week.
So what do I use now? I use H3N on the FH and alternate between T64, Baracuda and Rasanter R47 (only tried 1 sheet).
Sponsored Links

mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 5:10am
That is a great post Slevin!!

I have been a massive EJ for ages trying to get off 05fx.
I now use Hurricane 3 neo commercial on both sides.
I find H3N or Tenergy 05fx the only 2 rubbers I can loop anything with, they suit my stroke and while they are very different rubbers I can adjust between them very quickly.

I always ending up not liking something about esn's or hybrid rubbers.

Great informative post though!!
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 5:13am
ashishsharmaait

That is also a very good post and I think it reflects a lot of players experiences!!

I do think Tenergy can make a player lazy as it does a lot for you.
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
neon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 5:44am
rasanter r47 Beer
adishorul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adishorul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 10:05am
Xiom omega v pro
notfound123 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notfound123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 11:07am
Originally posted by ashishsharmaait ashishsharmaait wrote:

Having used T05 and T64 for 2 years and then trying to spend another 2 years trying to find an alternative, I can tell you that there is no alternative.
I have tried all of the following:
For T05: Baracuda, FastArc G1, Goldarc 3, Rasant PowerGrip,  Rasant Turbo, M1 Turbo, M1, M2, Victas V15, Joola Maxxx 500, EL-S, EL-P, MX-P, MX-S Genius and a few more I cannot remember.
For T64: FastArc P1, C1, Victas V15 Limber, Baracuda Bigslam, EL-S, MX-S, F-S, Bluefire JP2, etc.

what are your thoughts on V15 extra vs T05?
ashishsharmaait View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ashishsharmaait Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/07/2017 at 12:42pm
V15 is only comparable to T05 in middle gears. It has some of the easy speed and spin of T05, but that's about it.
Weight: V15 is heavier by 3 grams cut to BTY head.
Throw: Mid high, not high like T05
Spin: Does not Grip well on slow balls. Topsheet slips often.
Speed: Top end speed lower than T05
Bouncy: Less bouncy than T05. Easier short game.
Price: 1/2 of T05.
Also, the life is a lot less than T05. With T05 the topsheet although worn off, is still good for 3-4 months. You can apply a thin layer of booster and get 1 more month out of it after 3 months.
With V15, after 2 months, there is not much left in it. The topsheet starts slipping and the sponge gets dead and it does not take booster like T05 then.
If you like the T05 feel and think that you cannot adjust, there is no point wasting money.
If however you are still young and don't mind re learning some of the strokes you had with T05, try a H3N with Booster or any other new ESN like R47 if you don't have the time to boost.
My level dropped significantly when I switched from T05 to H3N for a few months and I was more like an all round player compared to the All-Out attacker I was with T05 against the usual group of players I played with.
In around 2-3 months, things got better but that's the time it took.
If you have 2-3 months to relearn, any rubber would do.
The mistake people make is that they give up too soon.

Edited by ashishsharmaait - 08/07/2017 at 12:50pm
taczkid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taczkid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2017 at 12:55pm
almost 10 years since its release in 2008 and no rubber is even close, that being said: get T05 and if you maintain it correctly I guarantee it will last twice as long as any other rubbers out there...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2017 at 9:45pm
Another way to approach the problem of getting a satisfactory replacement of T05 is the following:

Try getting a rubber that is almost as good (but probably not quite) as T05 in typical T05-like loops and excels T05 in areas in which T05 is weak at.

Let us discuss FH use. So, is T05 weak at anything?

How about the following:

1. H3-Neo - like power drives in which you have to use power and go through the ball hard. This is a stroke that the Chinese pro players use and T05-using European pro players cannot. This stroke is not possible with T05 as that rubber bottoms out for such a stroke. You need harder sponge than T05 has.
2. Spin-sensitivity on serve receives. Say server hides the ball and you are not completely sure of incoming spin of short serve (assume you want to do a passive return). How forgiving shall your rubber be? T05 is not.
3. Smashing (though, it is not that important)

Meanwhile, make sure that the grip is at least as good as T05 on plastic ball and the throw is at least medium (if not higher).

Try Xiom Omega V Tour.

The feel is different. However, it performs a bit like H3Neo (but one you can counter with) and a bit like T05 but with much better serve-receive capability. Be aware that just as it applies for all your favorite CNT players using H3Neo (and unlike T05) you get less spin on low hand speed strokes and high on high hand speed ones.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 12:40pm
Or, if you want a higher spin / speed ratio than T05 provides, move to a H3 neo on a hard, flexible blade. From my results, unboosted H3 Neo Provincial on FH on blades like IF-Layer ZLC enable strokes more powerful than one gets with T05. But hard ESN is a decent compromise between bounciness (non-chinese) and FH power.

Slevin, what blade would you recommend as being one of these hard and flexy, in a 5 ply wood???
I have been using WSC but its not quite quick enough with H3N?

Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:14pm
I recommend Big Dipper. the only disadvantage I found after few month of use is weight. It weight more then 50g cut to standard size. It plays better then any other rubber I ever tried. price $10 is unbeatable too
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:21pm
How about the soulspin rubbers, like p12?
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
JimT View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:27pm
Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I recommend Big Dipper. the only disadvantage I found after few month of use is weight. It weight more then 50g cut to standard size. It plays better then any other rubber I ever tried. price $10 is unbeatable too

I thought about trying it but when I weighed my clubmate's paddle in my hand I realized I cannot do that. 50 g rubber is out of the question for me. One of the rubbers I use is usually around 40 g, the other one between 40 and 45 g. Cannot play with rubber which weign (together) more than 85 g.
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member

Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:47pm
im not asking about rubber, asking about hard flexy blade to pair with hurricane 3 neo?
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

im not asking about rubber, asking about hard flexy blade to pair with hurricane 3 neo?

OP asked about rubber so we talking about rubber
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/15/2017 at 2:40pm
yes but no one has had anything to say for 6 days. im talking about rubber because slevin recommended h3n with hard flexy blade.
I use h3n I want to know what hard flexy blade he would recommend.

that's all
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Shifu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shifu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 2:45am
Stiga Clipper for example
BaiMile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BaiMile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 6:40am
Clipper is not flexy either hard blade, but is OK with Chinese rubbers. Flexy blades are Stiga OC, Offensive CR, Avalox P500, Yasaka extra, YinHe W6 - in short most 5 ply thin blades with limba, koto, walnut so on outer ply.
Clipper demands much more effort to spin the ball and some time is exhausting to play with, but is very powerful. 
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 7:42am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

Originally posted by piligrim piligrim wrote:

I thought about trying it but when I weighed my clubmate's paddle in my hand I realized I cannot do that. 50 g rubber is out of the question for me. One of the rubbers I use is usually around 40 g, the other one between 40 and 45 g. Cannot play with rubber which weign (together) more than 85 g.

you can get light blade, 80g or less. or try on BH short pips. there is some short pips are very light. so you will able to use heavy rubber on FH
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic