Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alignment of pimples,TSP spectol and blowfish+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alignment of pimples,TSP spectol and blowfish+
    Posted: 08/08/2017 at 1:32pm
HI all,

Why do most shakehand players, especially in professional play and excluding long pips, use vertical alignment pimples? Why not horizontal?

Also, would anyone consider spectol and blowfish+ to be medium pips? The spacing and length of the pips feel like medium but am i wrong? 

Please answer! :)

Thanks!
Sponsored Links

dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2017 at 2:09pm
http://ooakforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=12963

Spectol and Blowfish + are SP not MP. Smile
(good choice for sp, btw, I've used spectol for years, blowfish+ for almost 1 year now)
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2017 at 7:49pm
I believe most of shakehanders use vertical alignment because they use it almost exclusively to block, and vertical provides more speed.
But most penhold players prefer horizontal alignment because it generates more spin. It´s necessary to open topspins and gives more control overall.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

I believe most of shakehanders use vertical alignment because they use it almost exclusively to block, and vertical provides more speed.
But most penhold players prefer horizontal alignment because it generates more spin. It´s necessary to open topspins and gives more control overall.

moristo sp and raystorm are vertical and are spinny
bokai View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bokai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/08/2017 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

(good choice for sp, btw, I've used spectol for years, blowfish+ for almost 1 year now)

Whats the difference between spectol and blowfish+? How does the deception compare to a medium pip such as 563?
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by bokai bokai wrote:

Originally posted by dual700 dual700 wrote:

Whats the difference between spectol and blowfish+? How does the deception compare to a medium pip such as 563?

Spectol (and 21) have higher throw compared to Blowfish+. I have more problems blocking very spinny loops with Spectol series. I had my friend who was a junior Taiwanese national team (he is over 60 yrs old now, around 2200 USATT presently) to loop while I used spectol and blowfish+ to compare..

Spectol is easier when he looped to me full power, it's effortless. But I struggle more when he looped slower and spinnier.
With Blowfish+, I net more blocking his power loops and returned his spinny loops effortlessly.

Both of them have low deceptions compared to MP like 563 (used briefly) since mines are max thickness.

Another player friends who are 2000 and 2100 penhold attackers used Blowfish + for a long time (they are the one who got me to change Tongue) are not using Blowfish+ anymore because they said it's easier for their opponents to return their shots.. the 2100 now uses butterfly challenger (suggested by Gao Jun, ex gold medalist, #1 USA female player years ago), the other guy now uses Haifu SP, I think it's either penguin or dolphin, with horizontal alignment

Hope this helps.

Edited by dual700 - 08/09/2017 at 5:22pm
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 6:04pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

Originally posted by TT newbie TT newbie wrote:

moristo sp and raystorm are vertical and are spinny
Yes, they are. But alignment is not the main reason a SP is more or less spinny. Sponge and topsheet softness and structure of pips count.
But if you pick the same rubber and put it vertically or horizontally (Andro Hexer Pips), the horizontal alignment will provide more spin.
TAW View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TAW Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/14/2017 at 5:49am
nowday ,, i notice butterfly blade gategory depend on reaction properties and vibration 
they do not speak about stiffness and hardness of blade as other company 
what did you think, why?LOL

لا يتوفر نص بديل تلقائي.

Edited by TAW - 08/14/2017 at 6:13am
taw
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic