Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

liulin04 player & competition highlights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: liulin04 player & competition highlights
    Posted: 08/09/2017 at 6:15am
Hi everyone, 

Please check out my newly created Youtube channel: pingpong rallyon, in which you can find videos of player highlights and tributes from a variety of matches that I found online.  I just finished editing my very second video, so I am still learning about every minute details of video editing.  Please excuse any amature editing and any constructive feedbacks is welcomed.

I would appreciate if you guys can Like, Share, Subscribe, and Comment.  Thank you!

Edited by liulin04 - 01/05/2018 at 4:35am
Sponsored Links

DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 1:03pm
Nice videos! Some people don't like music on TT videos but the song on The Forgotten Penholders was a good choice IMO.

KTS FH blasts never cease to amaze me.

Its sad those beautiful Jpen styles aren't around anymore.

Edited by DLC1325 - 08/09/2017 at 1:09pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/09/2017 at 4:18pm
I agree DLC, the Jpen is a dying art that no one no longer wishes to emulate.  I will be uploading two more Jpen compilation videos by end of next week, the last one is going to be epic!
chongqinghotpot View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chongqinghotpot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 7:46am
Really good.
USATT rating 2200
05Vis64
BeaverMD View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeaverMD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 3:22pm
I don't understand why these J/K penholders don't want to stick a rubber on the backhand side.  The coaching and the knowledge are there.  Is it stubbornness? Tradition? It really won't add that much weight and two-sided Jpens do exist.  They can still have that rocket FH loop.  But when they are forced wide to the FH side and the opponent puts the ball on the BH, J/K penholders are pretty much stuck with BH lobbing.  With a rubber on the BH, they can at least have some sort of offense.  What am I missing here?
smackman View Drop Down
Assistant Moderator
Assistant Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smackman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

I don't understand why these J/K penholders don't want to stick a rubber on the backhand side.  The coaching and the knowledge are there.  Is it stubbornness? Tradition? It really won't add that much weight and two-sided Jpens do exist.  They can still have that rocket FH loop.  But when they are forced wide to the FH side and the opponent puts the ball on the BH, J/K penholders are pretty much stuck with BH lobbing.  With a rubber on the BH, they can at least have some sort of offense.  What am I missing here?
The Jpen player can still choose many options if forced back ,
firstly the usually don't go back
they are forced to move therefor try harder
they can cut or slide either way for great effect
it is usual to lob even for most shakehanders anyway
Ulmo Duality,Donic BlueGrip C2 red max ,Yinhe Super Kim Ox Black
NZ table tennis selector, third in the World (plate Doubles)I'm Listed on the ITTF website
GeneralSpecific View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GeneralSpecific Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 11:13pm
Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Nice videos! Some people don't like music on TT videos but the song on The Forgotten Penholders was a good choice IMO.

Wait why was that specific song a good choice? Why would you use a Japanese song for a video about Koreans? I have nothing against music in a table tennis video, I use it myself, but it just feels like an inappropriate song for this video.
Blade - Xiom 36.5 ALX FL
Forehand - Xiom Omega V Asia 2.0mm
Backhand - Victas Curl P5V with Der Materialspezialist Firestorm Soft/Outkill 1.8mm sponge
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 11:31pm
Lee Jung Woo! THANK YOU! I was trying to think of the next jpen player I watched in the 2000s after RSM. I couldn't remember and it was really bothering me!
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 2:20am
Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

Originally posted by DLC1325 DLC1325 wrote:

Wait why was that specific song a good choice? Why would you use a Japanese song for a video about Koreans? I have nothing against music in a table tennis video, I use it myself, but it just feels like an inappropriate song for this video.

I don't have any Korean music on my computer.  Plus this song is quite upbeat, perfect for the thrill of jpen
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 2:46am
New compilation of Koki Niwa's 2011 WJTTC highlights created, enjoy! 
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 4:30am
Originally posted by BeaverMD BeaverMD wrote:

I play Cpen but I used to play an 8mm single-ply Jpen with an RPB rubber.  It was more comfortable than any Cpen I've ever used, and it was awesome for blocking, punch blocking, and I had no problems with RPB flicking.  In fact they may have been more powerful than my Cpen flicks.  I've heard many say the thickness hinders wrist mobility, but I did not have that experience, nor was it too heavy.

The one difference I do think makes a difference is on the FH loop.  It was much harder to do short touch loops than it is with Cpen.  Other than that I don't know why it shouldn't be possible to play at a high level with two-sided Jpen especially with all the new multi-ply hybrid models that have come out lately.

Qiu Dang uses his Jpen RPB really well.

Originally posted by GeneralSpecific GeneralSpecific wrote:

I wasn't paying close enough attention to the lyrics of the song.  I assumed it was Korean.  Oops!
jk92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jk92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 8:15pm
Quote Qiu Dang uses his Jpen RPB really well.

I didnt know this either but as of late Qiu Dang uses chinese penhold, with a very interesting grip and wrist technique

Edited by jk92 - 08/11/2017 at 8:15pm
Timo Boll CAF Penhold
Donic Bluegrip R1
Andro Hexer Grip SFX
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by jk92 jk92 wrote:

Quote Qiu Dang uses his Jpen RPB really well.

I didnt know this either but as of late Qiu Dang uses chinese penhold, with a very interesting grip and wrist technique

Yeah I noticed that too when looking him up. So much for the Jpen.

But what is the defining advantage of Cpen over Jpen? I need to know! Maybe overall its just easier.
DLC1325 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DLC1325 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 12:59pm
Oops. Misread.

Edited by DLC1325 - 08/12/2017 at 1:14pm
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/20/2017 at 7:21am
Enjoy Part 1 of Ryu Seung Min highlights everyone!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2017 at 7:24am
new video added!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/27/2017 at 5:26pm
Check out #5 - Mesmerizing TT Rallies!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 12:53pm
coming very soon, the most comprehensive match highlights from the Great HE man, He Zhi Wen himself.  With highlights from more than 20+ matches summarized into one video.  This has been the most time consuming player highlights so far.

I hope you guys will enjoy!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 6:28pm
Video uploaded!  Enjoy!  Please don't forget to like, comment, share & subscribe!  Thanks!!!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

I am having a blast with the facebook page too; thank you for the time you put into this; it's pumping me up big time Thumbs Up

Thanks brother!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/10/2017 at 3:29am
new video is up!  T2APAC Round 1 (Part 1) between Team Maze vs. Team JJ.  Enjoy!  

Please Like, Share, Comment & Subscribe!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 3:37am
T2APAC R1 (Part 2) uploaded, enjoy!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 3:57pm
T2APAC R1 - Team Rossi vs. Team Persson (Part 1) uploaded!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 12:42am
Team Rossi vs. Persson, part 2 up!
liulin04 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liulin04 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 4:34am
It certainly has been quite a long time since the last video upload.  Hope you guys like it.

Edited by liulin04 - 01/05/2018 at 4:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic