FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Difference Between WSC and ML Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Difference Between WSC and ML Carbon
    Posted: 08/09/2017 at 6:17pm
Both blades have exactly same ply construction: limba, ayous, carbon, ayous, carbon, ayous, limba

Besides, they have same thickness (5.5mm) and weight (85g).
Can anyone tell if they feel the same while playing? Is any of this blade stiffer than the other?
Sponsored Links

kuifje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kuifje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/10/2017 at 9:55am
The handle will be different. The WSC has the senso handle, so the balance of the blade might be a bit different. I have only played with the WSC, so can't comment on how it plays compared to the ML carbon
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 3:12pm
I have a WSC and I thought I would not like the balance because of the hollow handle. I have Hurricane 3 Neo both sides and it does not feel head heavy to me and im usually fussy about blades.
WSC seems to have stopped my EJing for now.
Not used a ML Carbon, are you sure ML Carbon is lima outer??
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05fx
BH: Spinlord Keiler
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by mog1111 mog1111 wrote:

Not used a ML Carbon, are you sure ML Carbon is lima outer??
The list I have here says it, limba outer ply.
It also shows 4 blades with this same construction: WSC, ML Carbon, WSUC and Stiga AR Classic Carbon.
Audrey17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrey17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 4:00pm
Thank you very much. I really needed the review on WSC.
MY best ping pong table reviews and unique guideline
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 4:47pm
WSC is definitely off- to off

Edited by mog1111 - 08/12/2017 at 5:37am
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
Kolev View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kolev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 6:03pm
WSC is one of the best blades I have tried. ML Carbon is one of the very good blades I've tried. If I have to choose I wouldn't think much...
Hallmark Carbon Extreme (x3)
FH: D05/G1/RX
BH: Z2/D64/Ω7Pro
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 8:28pm

If you're talking about Hurricane Long 5 (Ma Long Carbon), it has arylate carbon.
WSC says it just has carbon.  Bt I know know what kind exactly.

WSC definitely plays slower like OFF- for sure.

Is the speed difference because of the different carbons ?

HL5 is faster & feels a bit stiffer too.

Edited by Snakefish - 08/11/2017 at 8:31pm
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
TT newbie View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT newbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 11:57pm
Originally posted by Snakefish Snakefish wrote:

If you're talking about Hurricane Long 5 (Ma Long Carbon), it has arylate carbon.
WSC says it just has carbon.  Bt I know know what kind exactly.

WSC definitely plays slower like OFF- for sure.

Is the speed difference because of the different carbons ?

HL5 is faster & feels a bit stiffer too.
Sorry, I should had written it right. 
The topic is about Donic Waldner Senso Carbon (WSC) and Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon (which I called ML Carbon).
Snakefish View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snakefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 1:41am

Ahh right, that Ma Lin guy - forgot about him.

I have tried Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon before and it doesnt resemble WSC. It's a bit stiffer, ball doesnt jump out or not as dwelly as WSC.  Strange how they differ in feel. Could the different handle shape and wider neck of WSC influence my feel ? Also, the WSC seemed more balanced than Yasaka ML Carbon - a little more head-heavy.

So I gave up on the Yasaka ML Carbon.    
Andro Treiber Z - fl
FH: Tibhar MX-D max
BH: Tibhar Quantum ProX-blue,max
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 3:29am
ML Carbon is very slow blade, could be okay for player who is looking to develop his game or player who is looking mainly for control close to the table. Blocking with this blade is kind of pleasure, the control is amazing. In the same time in attacking strokes you are forced to use more power from all your body.
This blade could be used by defensive players from distance too, the spin is big for chops and slices. Short game is okay (cutting pushing and so on), but attack versus underspin is trouble. The blade has not enough power to fight with choppers, you must play with heavy spin baloons, in another case ball is often going in the net.
I have no personal impressions from WSC, but I had a friend who was using it, I think the donic blade is almost the same, but slightly faster and If I need to make a choice - I will get the donic blade.
MLC has thin FL handle and acceptable ST handle. Hope it helps.
kuifje View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kuifje Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 12:18pm
I just realised there may be some confusion on the Yasaka blades, albeit that I haven't played with either. There's the Ma Lin carbon, which is an off blade and probably stiffer and faster than the WSC, and there's the Ma Lin Soft Carbon, which is an off- blade. The latter is as far as I know quite similar to the WSC, but it's composition is different than the WSC - the outer ply is anegre, and is thus more like a Yasaka Extra (which I do have) with additional carbon layers. In both the WSC and ML soft carbon, the carbon is on either side of the core, while conventional carbon blades have the carbon under the top ply.
mog1111 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mog1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 5:54pm
the wsc is a lovely controllable blade. my blocking has been fantastic with it.
it is still great looping and driving too.
but it is definitely a very controllable blade.
if youre a bit of an allrounder off- player it is great.

probably not the best for 2 winged loopers or looney turbo nutter drivers

I don't think you would know it was carbon if you played with it in a blind test
Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic