Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Evolution Series / T80-fx - help with choosing.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Evolution Series / T80-fx - help with choosing.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
bhmaster View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Evolution Series / T80-fx - help with choosing.
    Posted: 08/11/2017 at 12:39pm
Hello.

So I've recently tried a friend's bat with T80-FX on both sides.
I felt that it was really good and I really liked it!

However, after checking it on ebay....the price is insane Cry AU$200 for both sides!

Hence, I would like to hunt for something than is similar or perhaps a good alternative.

I'm aware that the Evolution series are highly regarded as the best alternative for the expensive tenergies.
But I'm not sure which version to get and which one will suit my blade better.

I'm currently using the DHS PG9 (not the G7) which is a 7ply all wood.
I might also think about getting a new blade with the new rubbers (T80fx alternative) from tt11 to make up for that free shipping.

I have in mind the following:

-Butterfly Korbel
-Ma lin Extra Off
-Xiom Stradivarius (don't really want it due to the price tag)
-Xiom Extreme S
-DHS Power G7
Could someone pls give some insight/recommendations as to which rubber and which blade I should buy. I like to do FH close-mid table loop and my BH is a bit weak atm (probably due to an unfavourable BH rubber). Though I'm really enjoying my current PG 9 Blade.

I'm trying to keep my budget as low as possible.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links

Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 3:54pm
Hello BHmaster, welcome to the forum!

As you prefer the Tenergy FX series. (Softer Sponge)
I suggest you look at Rubbers that are 40 - 45 degrees. (Soft to Medium)
In the case of Evolution Series, EL - P, EL - S, FX - P and FX - S.

Our forum members have given very good reviews/discussions, which you can search.

Some links are:
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75833&PN=1&title=tibhar-evolution-els-and-fxs

Patrick has also given a complete review at:
http://blog.tabletennis11.com/tibhar-evolution-series-table-tennis-rubbers-review

Happy Reading. Cheers! 😁

Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 9:09pm
Have you tried any other rubbers etc.?

It's possible you like the 80FX, but something else would be even better.

For an all wood blade, generally you want something a bit harder as the blade has a lot of control/only moderate power. For a faster blade, generally softer rubber is better [i.e. carbon blade].

There should be plenty of alternatives that satisfy you as much as, if not more than the tenergy rubbers, esp. if you aren't a top level played ...yet [at a fraction of the cost], and there are plenty of discussions on this forum / reviews, some of which Chewy has kindly directed you to.

Perhaps you could read those and come back and some good fellows here might be able to give you a better idea once you are clearer at what you think you might like.

It's not easy though.

I've bought rubbers that I thought I'd like, replacing 3-4 year old rubber, and my forehand immediately tanked for a good 4-5 months, it really hurt my confidence [same blade which i love so it wasn't that, and the rubber [Sigma 2 Pro] seemingly had great characteristics for what I liked to do on my forehand]. I switched to another rubber after 4-5 months that was somewhat similar to the Sigma 2 [MX-P - both are ESN, quite hard etc] I hated, and I haven't looked back, the MX-P has been fantastic.  I was able to revert to my old strokes/technique and not be punished with errors, and simply know where I was at when looping and slapping.

Now, I know what forehand rubber to buy, i was lucky, only 1 terrible rubber since i got back into things.

For the backhands, my Omega V tour is good, but you always think at some point - is this an 8/10 in which case buying another sheet when it gets a bit old is good, or is it a 7/10 and there's probably a 9 or 10/10 somewhere that'll synergize much better with me? Because I feel like the MX-P is a good 8.5/10 or so and consequently, any major improvements will come from me improving rather than switching rubber. 

Edited by Basquests - 08/11/2017 at 9:12pm
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/11/2017 at 10:07pm
Baracuda big slam is a good choice
col6628 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote col6628 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 5:58am
why not try andro blade and rubbers r47bh and r47fh, theres pages off reviews on rasanter rubbers, just have a read, good luck
bhmaster View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 10:19am
Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Although I've tried the T80 fx, I've never tried the other ones before. Can anyone give me a description as to how the other tenergies compare to the T80fx?

eg. T05 vs T05fx
T80fx vs T05 etc.

Cheers
jpenmaster View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 10:34am
Fx is just slightly softer in the Tenergy series it doesnt really play very different just more of a preference on your end. T80 has more conventional throw angle it's throw is more like the esn rubbers. T05 has a very high throw and generates a lot of spin. If you are not use to playing with T05 you will find it requires a blade angle adjustment.
OSP Expert II w DNA Dragon Grip
Chewy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chewy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/12/2017 at 11:06am
Additionally, some links to Tenergy Differences.
Link 1: http://en.butterflymag.com/2015/06/all-about-tenergy-22/

Link 2: http://www.butterfly.tt/tenergy/comparison
bhmaster View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bhmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/13/2017 at 6:35am
I'm looking to buy the Evolution EL-S.

Anyone know if it will work well with my 7ply all wood DHS P-G9?

Also, where can I get it for the lowest price shipped to Australia?

Thanks team
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic