Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - FS : handcrafted blades - end of summer sale (MDP)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

FS : handcrafted blades - end of summer sale (MDP)

About The Seller - "MDP"

MDP
 Real Name
  n/a
 Contact Info
  n/a
 Ship From
  n/a
 Payments
  n/a
 Seller's Notes:

View the seller's For Sale page.
 Buyer's Review (0)
  Product Quality:
  Communication:
  Payment:
  Shipping:
  Overall:
No feedback for this seller yet. Be the first to post a feedback.
 Forum Assessment
This seller has not been assessed by moderators yet. Request assessment
 Assessed by moderators.
 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FS : handcrafted blades - end of summer sale (MDP)
    Posted: 08/16/2017 at 5:26am
As my pile of blades keeps growing, I've decided to sell some of my custom blades. These blades are all in great shape and have been tested by players of different levels at my club. I'm selling the following blades because it's a shame they just lie around and I've learned from them and will use that knowledge for future blades. The money will go into the blades I'm developing: These are lightweight offensive blades with great feel, touch and feedback. 

Prices under pictures of the blades (shipping not included). 
Feel free to take a look and contact me for any questions.

I made this blade stiffer and more topheavy than my usual blades, to make it extra offensive. 
By using some lightweight woods I have managed to keep the weight below 90grams, but retain a very solid feeling. 

The blade works best in mid to far distance from the table, due to the speed. 
The thin layers of soft woods add some damping to make it controllable close to the table and make flat hitting easy. 
Nonetheless, this is still a fast blade, that worked best for me when taking a step back from the table. This blade has a bit of balsa-feeling, but is a lot more solid. For me this blade is better at flathitting/smashing then fine topspins, but both work. This is blade has some vibration so you get feedback to where you have hit the ball. 

Data sheet
Composition : 7+2
Materials : balsa, ayous, carbon, cedar, limba
Speed : OFF+
Weight : 88g
*remark : there is a small dent in the handle that is barely noticeable

price : 40 euro

This blade is part of a series around variations to the classic 5-ply limba+ayous composition. This composition is found in many blades that people have used or still use after many years. Having played with many of these ayous/limba blades myself, I found this an interesting starting point for future experiments and improvements. 
By adding a toplayer of harder, stiffer and heavier wood, this blade becomes more offensive then a classic limba-ayous-composition, but retain the same general feeling and control.

Data sheet
Composition : 5
Materials : ayous, limba, teak
Speed : OFF-/OFF
Weight : 85g

price : 45 euro
Sponsored Links

Pingpongplaya View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pingpongplaya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 10:53am
Which one would be better for a spin oriented game? The second one looks beautiful love the darker wood faces
MDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/16/2017 at 11:57am
I would say the second one.
The first one is ok at looping away from the table, close to the table it was too fast for me to loop. The blade works best at flat hitting or with slight topspin. 
MDP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MDP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/22/2017 at 4:25pm
These blades have been sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic