Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Nittaku HURRICANE PRO3 TURBO ORANGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
ThePongProfessor View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 11:56am
I will be testing this rubber in the near future.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/ThePongProfessor

Feedback
Sponsored Links

BRS View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BRS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

As in testing for the tt11 blog? Can you do skyline 3-60 mid-hard too? The forums are very divided on h3-50 vs skyline 3-60. I'd love to read a review by you that I could compare to your h3 reviews.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by BRS BRS wrote:

As in testing for the tt11 blog? Can you do skyline 3-60 mid-hard too? The forums are very divided on h3-50 vs skyline 3-60. I'd love to read a review by you that I could compare to your h3 reviews.

Yup, and I will also be reviewing the Skyline series (and the Ludeack blades). 

Need to fit everything in between a busy university schedule, recovery from injuries, tournaments, etc... 

Feedback
al_111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al_111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/20/2017 at 2:43pm
iamj8, any updates on your experience? Can you compare the H3PT to a boosted H3? How did you find it in powerlooping and counterlooping (see opinions below)? How high is the throw - H3-like high or is it medium, closer to the Skylines?

A couple mini-reviews from a German forum, as the info is critically lackingDisapprove (sorry for the auto-translate with minor editing; hopefully Magic_M could also add something himself):

(c) Magic_M:
First impression: quite heavy (previously not weighed, but heavier than H3 and H3 Neo), softer topsheet, not quite as sticky as H3 / H3N. Tightening from undercut (?) goes smoothly, soft topspin as well. The direct game was unusual. I did not like it so much. 
(After 5 days): My impression has now solidified. The HP3T is a super surface for clearly spinoriented players, who prefer a rather soft feeling and therefore are not comfortable with classic Chinese coverings. 
If, on the other hand, you prefer a more direct feeling for the game and attach importance to good shot properties, you probably will not be happy with the covering. 

(c) -user-
I join Magic_M. Stickiness is present, but not excessive. Soft topspins went very well but for me the direct game was also very unusual. Maybe the covering needs just a few more hours to be properly installed. I will continue to observe in the next weeks. 
To the backhand counter. Simply block / hold with the backhand went for me wonderful and the ball had a very shallow bounce. As soon as I went with the backhand a little stronger against the ball, this has risen very strongly. 
From the tempo I find the surface sufficient. Also from the half distance I could still make good pressure. Compared to a Tenergy 05 or MX-S is missing but then in the final speed for me still a good piece. 

Edited by al_111 - 10/20/2017 at 2:48pm
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 11:01am
I - finally - finished reviewing the HP3TO. Should be posted on TT11's blog in near future. Keep an eye out. 

Feedback
wanchope View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wanchope Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/04/2018 at 11:24am

I - finally - finished reviewing the HP3TO. Should be posted on TT11's blog in near future. Keep an eye out. 

Thank you! Looking forward to reading it!
Barwell fleet, Omega 7 Pro & Fastarc S1
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 1:29am

Got a link?
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/05/2018 at 1:40am
Not yet. It might be a couple of days, given they were closed over New Years... 

Feedback
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 2:15am

Feedback
tom View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 10:02am
thanks for the detailed review.  Would you say that boosting it would not really increase the speed since it comes boosted.
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThePongProfessor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/11/2018 at 10:23pm
Hi tom,

I haven't tried to boost it, but given the rubber's more dynamic nature (relative to H3 or H3n) and high weight, I would be reluctant to boost it further.

-P  

Feedback
Nutriment6464 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nutriment6464 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 2:35pm
The weight kinda turns me off, I wonder how much does a sheet cost compared to h3neo (usually 20 bucks CAD online).
caratoon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caratoon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01/15/2018 at 11:39pm
Just curious if they named it Hurricane Pro 3 Turbo ORANGE Does anyone know if they will make a Blue sponged version? Ermm
Carbonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
BTY Viscaria 88g
FH/Bh: MXP/Rasant
igorponger View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote igorponger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/30/2018 at 12:01pm
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

I guess they don't want to play Captain Obvious.

The Bareiss HPE II as seen in the Andro Rasant video. Capped from the video on the new ESN site.

Considering the spherical shape of the indenter as seen on this photo, they using nor Shore A, nor Shore C (both being rigged with frustum cone) .   Asker C most likely, given the fact it is equiped with spherical probe.   
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2018 at 6:04pm
It looks like it’s out of the larc already https://d3mjm6zw6cr45s.cloudfront.net/2018/03/LARC_2018A.pdf

Nittaku H3 and Nittaku H3 pro is cut
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2018 at 6:28pm
They're on the list, but on the DHS part

Edit: Afterall the turbo isn't

Edited by assam - 03/31/2018 at 6:30pm
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2018 at 6:52pm
Ah, turbo is just the sponge. The topsheet is nittaku h3 pro
assam View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote assam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03/31/2018 at 7:02pm
Ok, so it's there, on DHS
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2023 at 1:39pm
Bumping this thread. I've finally found the standard. In China, the Shore C as specified by HG/T 2489-2007 is based on Asker C.

However, the Shore C durometer from China, be it analog or digital, that is commonly seen on the internet is actually based on the older revision HG/T 2489-1993, which is identical to Shore E. I believe that is also the one used by 729 (华氏球式/邵氏W).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32224751269.html
https://www.huatecgroup.com/sale-8922-hg-t2489-93-0-100hw-2-5mm-shore-c-durometer-silicone-rubber-durometer-lx-c.html

http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=80067&PID=993228&title=new-nittaku-hurricane-pro3-turbo-orange#993228
Originally posted by zeio zeio wrote:

From official DHS FAQ,

Quote 为什么金弓5&8的度数都比较高?
依照德国套胶的传统,金弓5&8采用了邵氏C硬度标准,红双喜狂�£�等套胶则一直使用邵氏A硬度标注。邵氏A为针孔式测试,邵氏C则为球形测试方法,这两者不可直接换算。
一般来说,同样的海绵,邵氏C的测试硬度数值较大。海绵越硬,两种测试方法下的硬度数值差越大。
金弓的42.5度相当于邵氏A的32-33度左右,47.5度相当于邵氏A的34-35度左右,50度相当于邵氏A的36-37度左右。
金弓两款套胶的技术特点是什么?

"Conforming with the tradition of German rubbers, Gold Arc 5&8 use the Shore C hardness scale, whereas DHS Hurricane series uses the Shore A hardness scale. Shore A is a pin type test, while Shore C is a ball type test, therefore there is no direct comparison between the two.

In general, for the same sponge, Shore C has a higher hardness value. The harder the sponge, the greater the difference when tested by the two scales.

Gold Arc 42.5 is roughly equal to 32-33 Shore A, 47.5 is roughly equal to 34-35 Shore A, and 50 is roughly equal to 36-37 Shore A."

Edited by zeio - 07/21/2023 at 3:00pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
stiltt View Drop Down
Assistant Admin
Assistant Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stiltt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2023 at 6:58pm
In 2023, how  do we not have an online public database of hardness for each rubbers on the 2 scales?
haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07/21/2023 at 10:09pm
Originally posted by stiltt stiltt wrote:

In 2023, how  do we not have an online public database of hardness for each rubbers on the 2 scales?

You're right, but unless the ITTF forces them to publish these numbers, it's not in the manufacturer's interest for us to know these numbers, because they don't want you to compare their rubbers to those of another manufacturer. 

Easy comparisons between brands makes it easier for us to swap to other brands, as we find similar (or cheaper) rubbers with the same sponge hardness...not something that's good for their business.

Sponge hardness is obviously not the only thing that defines rubber characteristics, but it's a major one, and if you can find say an ESN rubber of the same generation with the same sponge hardness, it's likely to play at least similar.
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic