Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Nittaku HURRICANE PRO3 TURBO ORANGE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08/29/2017 at 3:39pm
Originally posted by liXiao liXiao wrote:

Nittaku has listed Pro 3 Turbo Orange as being 45 hardness. I'm not sure how this sponge could be harder than NEO, but that's what they say.

When I tried Nittaku neo H3 it felt like 37 degrees to me, softer than the 38/39 provincial. If this is the case then it'd make sense that 45 would play like DHS 39. Just maybe.

Edited by iamj8 - 08/29/2017 at 3:39pm
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Sponsored Links

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 9:58am
So, I spent some time looking for clues and found some leads that may shed some light on the hardness scale that ESN uses. In the promotional video for Andro Rasant, there is a scene where the tech is taking some measurements of the sponge thickness and hardness, which is when I realized I'd never really sat through the entire video when it was released 4 years ago.

The tool used for the thickness measurement is a certain digital thickness dial gauge made by Kaefer (backup link) (there is another analog model seen earlier in the video).

The one used for the hardness measurement is the HPE II by Bareiss (backup link). According to the product spec (backup link), it can measure using practically every scale(Shore A, A0/E, B, 0, C, D, D0, 00, 000, Bareiss Variant C (Asker C)), presumably with the corresponding model.

Comparing with the manual (backup link), it appears there is an extra knob at the top for the model Shore 00, 000 and 000S. Therefore, the one seen in the video is highly likely for Shore A, B, 0, A0, E, L/C, Asker C, Shore D, C, D0. Fortunately, in the video there was a glimpse of the indenter at the bottom.

Checking with the specifications (backup link), it comes down to Asker C, D0, E, 0. From the size, I think it is fairly safe to rule out Shore D0 and 0 as their heights are supposedly longer than their widths.

2023/7/19 update: fixed broken links

Edited by zeio - 07/19/2023 at 7:40am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Hozuki View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hozuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 10:19am
Good work Zeio.
Meanwhile, my email is being ignored by ESN... Ermm
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 10:37am
Some optical impressions:

henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 8:18pm
Looks like H3 pro topsheet with a new sponge (I like it) I might have to give it a spin when my current rubber is worn out
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 8:51pm
Excellent pictures. Anyone have a close up of the Fastarc G1 sponge for reference? I'm guessing h3 is less porous.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
jackwong23 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackwong23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 1:41am
how much does it cost ?
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 2:20am
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 3:49am
Originally posted by iamj8 iamj8 wrote:

When I tried Nittaku neo H3 it felt like 37 degrees to me, softer than the 38/39 provincial. If this is the case then it'd make sense that 45 would play like DHS 39. Just maybe.

I have just tried 2 sheets of Nittaku H3 Neo (super thick). I have DHS H3 Neo Provincial (38 deg) from TTNPP on my other blade. The Nittaku on feels a couple degrees harder than the DHS one. This is also corroborated by weight (DHS H3 Neo Provincial is 47g cut. Nittaku is 50g cut). DHS sheet sponge is a bit thicker than the Nittaku one.

Perhaps, there is variance in Nittaku sheets?

Edited by slevin - 09/03/2017 at 3:52am
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 6:02am
Originally posted by slevin slevin wrote:

I have just tried 2 sheets of Nittaku H3 Neo (super thick). I have DHS H3 Neo Provincial (38 deg) from TTNPP on my other blade. The Nittaku on feels a couple degrees harder than the DHS one. This is also corroborated by weight (DHS H3 Neo Provincial is 47g cut. Nittaku is 50g cut). DHS sheet sponge is a bit thicker than the Nittaku one.

That's so bizarre because experience was the exact opposite.  I didn't get the chance to weigh my Nittaku H3N cut however uncut it was 62g (all 4 corners) while my provincial 38 (6 corners i.e. 2 cuts) weighed 65g so despite having more mass my Nittaku weighed less.

Variance in Nittaku sheets is the conclusion I would draw from this.  Thanks for sharing. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Matt Pimple View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt Pimple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 4:29pm

Variance in Nittaku sheets is the conclusion I would draw from this.

I am playing with the Nittaku DHS Hurricane 3 Neo since a couple of years and have bought many sheets from a couple place (tt-japan and TT11). I never experienced any variance in the sheets. As a matter of fact, they always played the same which is why I switched to it rather than playing with H3N Prov.
In my opinion it played like the 39deg H3N Prov I had before.
OSP Ultimate; Dr. Neubauer Dominance Spin Hard max, Dr. Neubauer Troublemaker 0.5

My Feedback
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2017 at 1:04am

That's so bizarre because experience was the exact opposite.  I didn't get the chance to weigh my Nittaku H3N cut however uncut it was 62g (all 4 corners) while my provincial 38 (6 corners i.e. 2 cuts) weighed 65g so despite having more mass my Nittaku weighed less.

Variance in Nittaku sheets is the conclusion I would draw from this.  Thanks for sharing. 

Occam's Razor.

"provincial H3" is available from lots of different sources and varies in weight, hardness, sponge, topsheet quality, etc. (check alibaba.com)... much of it is not real, but might be great even if fake.

Nittaku's quality control and sheet selection is likely much higher than TTNPP's.

Use the Nittaku as a benchmark, and consider the variance much more likely from "provincial H3".
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/06/2017 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by Hozuki Hozuki wrote:

Good work Zeio.
Meanwhile, my email is being ignored by ESN...
Ermm

I guess they don't want to play Captain Obvious.

The Bareiss HPE II as seen in the Andro Rasant video. Capped from the video on the new ESN site.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/08/2017 at 12:47am
is it ironic that the last frame of the ESN video shows player boosted sheets of rubber overhanging the blade?
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 6:06am
Mine sheet arrived in the mail today.  I'll be sticking it on tomorrow and will have a hit with it at my club on Saturday.

It's VERY heavy.  The uncut rubber (including the plastic film over the topsheet) weighs 82 grams!!! 

To put that into context Nittaku's Fastarc G1 weighs 65g as does a provincial H3 Neo.  I think this is close to the weight of Hurricane 8 but I don't have experience with H8.  Unless the plastic sheet weighs something considerable we're looking at a pretty heavy rubber.

Will stick it onto my blade tomorrow and report back with some of the basic physical qualities. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 6:09am
iamj8: what shop did you buy this from?
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 6:13am

iamj8: what shop did you buy this from?

http://tt-japan.net/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_2&products_id=3580

It took about two weeks for it to arrive. 
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 7:14am
Stuck it on today.  The topsheet is only mildly tacky.  When I try to lift the ball it doesn't hang on for as long as the pure Chinese H3 rubbers.

https://youtu.be/FQ3K4dm47Ms 

The sponge also feels REALLY hard.  Harder than any of my 38/39 provincials and the Nittaku neo H3.

Again, it's very heavy.  Mathematically, if a cut piece of rubber is 69% the weight of the full sheet, then 82*0.69=56.58.  This makes sense as my bat is now 10g heavier (cut provincial weighs 46g).
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
liXiao View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liXiao Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/14/2017 at 2:19pm

Stuck it on today.  The topsheet is only mildly tacky.  When I try to lift the ball it doesn't hang on for as long as the pure Chinese H3 rubbers.

The sponge also feels REALLY hard.  Harder than any of my 38/39 provincials and the Nittaku neo H3.

Again, it's very heavy.  Mathematically, if a cut piece of rubber is 69% the weight of the full sheet, then 82*0.69=56.58.  This makes sense as my bat is now 10g heavier (cut provincial weighs 46g).

This shouldn't be that surprising considering it is listed as the hardest rubber they make. I'm not really sure who this rubber is for considering the weight and hardness is that of an original hurricane. They should really put the active charge in the Hurricane Pro 3 (Jap. Sponge), that would be a great rubber.
Gewo Aruna Hinoki Carbon
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro 53 SuperSelect
Yinhe Qing
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 6:31am

Thanks, that would mean that the topsheet probaptly is the same as Nittaku H3 pro.
sidespinBH View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidespinBH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/15/2017 at 11:09am
Any reviews on this rubber yet ?
How does it perform ?
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 6:56am
Hi all,

Had a 3 hour session today so I can finally make some comments.  I don't think I'm going to unravel anything mind blowing as most of what I'm about to say is probably what most suspect. Cool

After breaking the rubber in it's not quite as hard as I first commented but still a little harder than 39 degrees.  It feels very familiar (as it should).  Service and pushing are very good, just like most Chinese rubbers.  It is more lively too so it feels a tad faster when driving, looping and blocking.  As a result, it is more consistent.  The most noticeable difference when comparing to unboosted H3N is how much better it plays away from the table.  Sustainable is the word I'd use to describe this rubber's away from the table when compared to its other versions.  I got complimented on my forehand today (which is my weaker wing) and played better in rallies so I don't think it's all in my head, haha.

At the end of the day, I think this is a good rubber if you can get over the weight.  Unboosted H3N users will appreciate its more lively nature and after a very short adjustment period they'll likely be playing better.  It'll come as no surprise it very much behaves like a Chinese rubber in that it's still fairly linear and requires good technique (engaging the body, micro adjustment, etc.) but that extra 'oomph' is a very welcome change.  I had a hit with my friend's bat which had a boosted H3N on it and Turbo doesn't quite feel as a good, but were we really expecting anything else? LOL

Am I sticking with this rubber?  It's really hard to say because when compared to unboosted H3N it does a lot of good for my game but I don't feel as comfortable playing because of how off balance it makes my bat feel.  I reckon if this rubber weighed 10g less when cut it'd be an instant best seller!

Hope you guys find this helpful. Thumbs Up
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 1:28pm
thank you for your review, really appreciate. Does H3N mean H3 NEO or H3 National ?
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2017 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by Egghead Egghead wrote:

thank you for your review, really appreciate. Does H3N mean H3 NEO or H3 National ?

No worries! A review had to come up sooner or later! When I say H3N I am referring to the NEO version.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
qualizon View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qualizon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2017 at 7:31pm
will you consider boosting it and see how does it perform?  And how would you describe the throw of the ball on your forehand loop? Hurricane 3 has a known characteristic that the throw after the bounce on the table is significantly low, do you see see that with the turbo?
N656 TG3 Nat Blue/H360
Feedback
For Sale
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2017 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by qualizon qualizon wrote:

will you consider boosting it and see how does it perform?  And how would you describe the throw of the ball on your forehand loop? Hurricane 3 has a known characteristic that the throw after the bounce on the table is significantly low, do you see see that with the turbo?

If it stays on my fh I won't boost it. I was interested in this rubber as an alternative to boosted hurricane. That said, I'm sure it'd play amazing boosted.

I didn't notice any differences between the throw of this and neo so if there is amy its pretty marginal.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 10:40am

Hi all,

Had a 3 hour session today so I can finally make some comments.

After breaking the rubber in it's not quite as hard as I first commented but still a little harder than 39 degrees.

How did you break in a sheet of H3 in 3 hours?

It takes me weeks, playing 3-6 hours each to break any DHS Hurricane or Skyline to get it to open up to full speed.
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 10:56am
Because of the Japanese sponge, perhaps?
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/28/2017 at 2:20pm
I don't feel like it takes that much time to make an out of package DHS rubber play to my liking. I just noticed the rubber started to behave more during my subsequent 3 hour session compared to the initial two. Maybe I didn't get it to full speed during that phase but I was quite happy with the speed I got out of it.

Edited by iamj8 - 09/28/2017 at 2:22pm
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
Egghead View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Egghead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/07/2017 at 12:57am
It turns out that TT11 carries this rubber now (only $38.79 before discount Thumbs Up)
http://www.tabletennis11.com/other_eng/nittaku-hurricane-pro-3-turbo-orange
Aurora ST: Rhyzm / Talent OX
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic