Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Stiga ABS ball review vs Dhs & Nittaku 40+

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Stiga ABS ball review vs Dhs & Nittaku 40+
    Posted: 08/31/2017 at 11:08pm

New Stiga ABS Perform 40+ ball vs Nittaku Premium and DHS D40+

Link

Per reviewer video they say very similar

Edit DHS is D40+

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 09/02/2017 at 12:23pm
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Sponsored Links

henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 2:44am
You mean DHS D40+? The best thing with the new balls is that they are rounder and it's easier to switch between them (seamed) I haven't tried seemless.
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/01/2017 at 9:42am
This is great. The one minus about the Nittaku Premium 40+ is the color. After a while it turns into this off white color that makes the ball hard to see when it reaches high speeds. Other plastic balls are much whiter. My hope is that these Stiga balls may be a little whiter. But I still love the Nittaku Premium.

Good to see some good quality balls being introduced to the market....

FdT
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 8:16am
I got the first batch in june, roundness is 7-8 balls out of a dozen. Not bad compared to d40+ 2 out of a dozen. They both can make better, compared to nittaku premium 12 out of 12 and butterfly g40 12 out of 12 are perfect round.
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
henningf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henningf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 9:38am
Are you talking about one or three star now? I haven't had any problem with the roundness of the three star D40+ (one star sucked) G40 three star Ok definitly not 12/12 maybe 9/12, one star sucked.
jonyer1980 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonyer1980 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by henningf henningf wrote:

Are you talking about one or three star now? I haven't had any problem with the roundness of the three star D40+ (one star sucked) G40 three star Ok definitly not 12/12 maybe 9/12, one star sucked.

+1.

***40+DHS and are at least at 80-85% roundness
Rosewood V FL

Nittaku Fastarc G1-FH

Stiga DNA Pro-S MAX BH

Avoid any Butterfly stuff... at abusive prices. Raw power without control means nothing
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 9:56am
I have 2 or 3 out of about 40 3* DHS D40+ balls that were problematic for roundness. 

The one-star versions were awful.

The G40+ are round but in my view they have other problems.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/02/2017 at 11:09pm
These guys are obviously promoting stiga stuff, never heard them say anything bad about any equipment ever.
Mickael View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mickael Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 6:10am
Originally posted by henningf henningf wrote:

I am talking about 3 stars. Where did you buy the d40 dhs from?
Butterfly Fransizka ZLC FL
Butterfly Dignics 05 2.1 FH
Butterfly Tenergy 05 1.9 BH
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 11:05am
Most of mine came from ttnpp.  Very round.
Hans Regenkurt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hans Regenkurt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 6:51pm
I got hold of the Stiga Perfom 40+ a couple of days ago and tested them today. In my opinion it is nothing like the DHS we got from TTNPP. The Stiga is a lot better. I spent 40 minutes playing with it and I very positive about it.

Interestingly, our less good players still preferred the DHS saying the Stiga feels too light. However, those of us who are technically more skilled liked it immediately. To me the D40+ feels like a second generation ball while the Stiga is the brand new third generation.

In my opinion, the Perform differs from the D40+ in that the perform does not drop off the racket on blocking the first strong loop. In general, the game reminds me a lot of the celluloid ball with the Stiga.

I will come back with more findings after the weekend when some more of us are trying these balls.

EDIT: It is a lot less important what rubbers you use with it because this ball behaves a a lot less lazy compared to, say, the DHS 40+

Edited by Hans Regenkurt - 11/23/2017 at 6:59pm
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:39pm
That is good news. I will buy some.
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

That is good news. I will buy some.

Anyone know where is the best price on them ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 8:45pm
Originally posted by LUCKYLOOP LUCKYLOOP wrote:

New Stiga ABS Perform 40+ ball vs Nittaku Premium and DHS D40+

Link

Per reviewer video they say very similar

Edit DHS is D40+

Where to order the Stigas in the USA?
qpskfec View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qpskfec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 9:56pm
Megaspin now selling sanwei 40+ 3 star ittf approved abs balls, 6 for 8.99

https://www.megaspin.net/store/default.asp?pid=sanwei-abs-3-star-6

Another rebranded dhs ball?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 10:34pm
I like the Stiga a lot. Plays closer to the seamless as well as the Nittaku.   Like a quality DFish ball. But I think the use of the DHS internationally still gives it a special place.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
benfb View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote benfb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/23/2017 at 11:00pm
Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

I like the Stiga a lot. Plays closer to the seamless as well as the Nittaku.   Like a quality DFish ball. But I think the use of the DHS internationally still gives it a special place.
Are you referring to the new Stiga balls (the subject of this thread)? Where did you get them?
NextLevel View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/24/2017 at 1:34am
Originally posted by benfb benfb wrote:

Originally posted by NextLevel NextLevel wrote:

Are you referring to the new Stiga balls (the subject of this thread)? Where did you get them?

Group order from Dandoy.
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
Cybershape Carbon
FH/BH: H3P 41D.
Lumberjack TT, not for lovers of beautiful strokes. No time to train...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic