Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

2017 JOOLA LA Open Tournament

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
alphapong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2017 JOOLA LA Open Tournament
    Posted: 09/03/2017 at 6:13pm
Here are the top 10 seeds.

Quadri Aruna 2850 / 2809  
Zhen Wang 2821 / 2821  
Se Hyuk Joo 2777 / 2777  
Junhan Wu 2770 / 2777  
Yingchao Hou 2760 / 2760  
Satoshi Aida 2760 / 2760  
Wenzhang Tao 2744 / 2734  
Bob Chen 2736 / 2766  
Jiang Niu 2650 / 2650  
Xiang Jing Zhang2646 / 2646

Pretty strong field. Does anyone have any updates from the tournament?

I know Alameda's Bryant Lin won the U2500 yesterday, but I know little about any of the other events.
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 8:16pm
It is in Omnipong, but no results there.
skip3119
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 8:17pm

Any live stream link ?
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
Purett View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Purett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/03/2017 at 10:33pm
quadri lost in semifinal  to joo see 
rating solid 1000
moving up to 1001
alphapong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 12:49am
Results are now up: https://www.omnipong.com/T-tourney.asp?t=103&r=778

Looks like Joo won the all chopper final.

Nice job getting the results up quickly Craig!

Edited by alphapong - 09/04/2017 at 12:50am
skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 9:22am
Any video somewhere?
=====

Last year (2016) LA Open was sponsored by Butterfly, it had video on Butterflyonline.
This year it is sponsored by JOOLA, don't know where is the video.

Edited by skip3119 - 09/04/2017 at 2:16pm
skip3119
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 12:41pm
Based on scores only, looks like there were two great quarterfinal matches: Tao Wenzhang vs Eugene Wang and Junhun Wu vs Hou Yingchao.
alphapong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote alphapong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 3:36pm
Well, lately the LA Open and US Open certainly are showing us the accuracy of the statement I hear many coaches authoritatively deliver over and over again,"Pips are a shortcut that will help you in the beginning, but later they will be a handicap, and you will not be able to achieve a high level." 

heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by alphapong alphapong wrote:

Well, lately the LA Open and US Open certainly are showing us the accuracy of the statement I hear many coaches authoritatively deliver over and over again,"Pips are a shortcut that will help you in the beginning, but later they will be a handicap, and you will not be able to achieve a high level." 

Perhaps that should be modified to "Pips are a shortcut that will help you in the beginning, but later they will be a handicap, and you will not be able to achieve a high level - unless you are insanely athletic." 
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/04/2017 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Perhaps that should be modified to "Pips are a shortcut that will help you in the beginning, but later they will be a handicap, and you will not be able to achieve a high level - unless you are insanely athletic." 

I'll see that statement and raise you, heavyspin.  "Short pips without sponge are a shortcut that will definitely help you in the beginning (you can learn to drive and chop), but later they will be a handicap (can't argue with that; wonder whyDead) and you won't be able to achieve a level much above 2300."

In addition, in order to achieve a level much above 2300 using short pips no sponge against modern thermonuclear weapons, not only would you have to be insanely athletic; you would have to be supernaturally athletic.

Does this make sense?  I suppose it does if you are an authoritative coach who wasn't born when short pips ruled the Earth or even when short pips with sponge in the hands of Zhuang Zedong won World Championships.

Poor short pips, with or without sponge.  Rest in peace; millenials hardly got to know you.  

Whinge. Piss. Whine. Moan.  Bawl.  Bitch bitch bitch.

Whimper.  Sniffle.  Gloom, despair, and agony.  Deep dark depression.  Bartender, another shot of Dianchi; this time forget the rocks.

skip3119 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skip3119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 10:43am
Originally posted by heavyspin heavyspin wrote:

Based on scores only, looks like there were two great quarterfinal matches: Tao Wenzhang vs Eugene Wang and Junhun Wu vs Hou Yingchao.
===========
What a shame !!!!!
No video.
skip3119
NextLevel View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NextLevel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 11:50am
I like putting heavy topspin on the ball...
True Carbon FL
FH: Genius Max B
BH: Genius Max R
Lumberjack TT
No train, no gain.
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 11:53am

so ito mima's coach was wrong?
bard romance View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bard romance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

One exception disproves a general point
bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/05/2017 at 6:51pm
Originally posted by bard romance bard romance wrote:

Originally posted by bbkon bbkon wrote:

One exception disproves a general point

you have mu zi audrey zarif top junior from france
tabletennisx32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennisx32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 4:23am
I was told by the LA Open committee that I was going to get paid for filming and editing video for the tourney but there has been to reply to my emails for a while now. Nevertheless, here are some videos from the 2017 LA Open.

Sorry for some shaky video and some technical difficulties!
Table Tennis Rules!
dual700 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dual700 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/24/2017 at 11:52am
Originally posted by tabletennisx32 tabletennisx32 wrote:

I was told by the LA Open committee that I was going to get paid for filming and editing video for the tourney but there has been to reply to my emails for a while now. Nevertheless, here are some videos from the 2017 LA Open.

Sorry for some shaky video and some technical difficulties!

Thank you, you need to call them. Don't let it slide Angry
tabletennisx32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabletennisx32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/10/2017 at 10:43pm
Updated with Joo Se Hyuk vs Satoshi Aida added
Table Tennis Rules!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic