Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Drinkhall Power Carbon vs Ovtcharov True Carbon
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Drinkhall Power Carbon vs Ovtcharov True Carbon

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drinkhall Power Carbon vs Ovtcharov True Carbon
    Posted: 09/08/2017 at 5:22am
From what I read, I think both of them are Viscaria clones.

However, I have not seen any reviews yet comparing both of them.   Which one is the better blade?

Cosmetic wise, I think OTC looks better.   But which one is the better substitute for Viscaria?

Many thanks....
Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Sponsored Links

Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 9:40am
Sorry, I havent tried the Drinkhall but it is priced about the same as a Viscaria.
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 9:53am
That`s what I thought too. 
If you like the Viscaria: why do you look for a substitute with (more or less) the same price?
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 11:09am
Does anybody knows some informations about the STraight handle dimensions ? Is the shape like  Butterfly Boll ALC ST or is it clearly rounder ?
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 11:30am
OK, thank you for comments and inputs.

You are all correct, I failed to check their prices.   If Drinkhall Power Carbon is as expensive as Viscaria, it is better to get Viscaria.

So, if you want something cheaper than Viscaria with similar feature, the only choice is Ovtcharov True Carbon then.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Magic_M View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magic_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 12:23pm
No, it is not the only choice. OTC has a list-price of 99€. Andro Treiber K for example has a list-price of 79,90€ and is nearer to Viscaria than OTC, which is nearer to Zhang Like ALC in my eyes.

Here in Germany there are some shops who are offering the Treiber K for 60€ + shipping
If you can`t get it as cheap in your country, I can help you to get it from here,
with shipping-costs of round about 10€.

There are also some Yinhe-clones which might be an option for you.
DreiZ View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DreiZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 1:10pm
When i was doing my research on Viscaria clones i came across these blades as well, along with Treiber K. I think Treiber K is the cheapest option, followed by OTC and then PSC (powerspin carbon). IMO PSC is not worth the money, quality doesnt look as good as the Viscaria itself or OTC.

It comes down to the handle which is personal preference. I think OTC ST handle is suited well for bigger hands when i held it. Viscaria FL is also comfortable for me, but just a tiny bit narrow at the neck. I dislike Tibhar FL handles since they feel too narrow for my hand. Never tried the Treiber K handle.

I settled on TB ALC ST since i prefer the Squared ST handle. Second would be Viscaria FL. I realized that the clones will always be there but if you want the blade that you want might as well just get it and stick with it for as long as possible.

Edited by DreiZ - 09/09/2017 at 1:12pm
Ovtcharov Innerforce ALC 85g
FH/BH: Glayzer 09C 2.1mm
USATT: 1725
slevin View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote slevin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 1:57pm
I have tried both PSC and OTC extensively.

PSC has different wood plies - it is not an exact clone. Hence, it plays a bit differently.

2nd layer is ayous (instead of limba). Gives it more flex and a bit more feel. The flex helps in more spin and also more power from mid-distance at the expense of some control.

So, in short, the Tibhar Drinkhall Power Spin Carbon is a bit faster and spinnier than the Viscaria but with a bit less control. Good for offensive minded players.

IMHO, OTC is more similar to Viscaria (than the PSC) but the fiber has a bit less Arylate in its Arylate / carbon ratio. This makes it a shade faster (than Viscaria). Its top koto layer is soft enough for it to be spinny on slow strokes. IMHO, it is a bit faster and a bit less spinny on faster strokes (once fiber kicks in more).
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 4:09pm
Timo Boll Spirit and ALC ST are nearly same and have these dimensions: thickness 22 - 22,5 mm and wideness 27,5 - 27,8 mm
True Carbon is clearly stronger, it has thickness of 23,50 mm and wideness 28,50 mm. It is clearly thicker and that's why it felt bigger or stronger in total. It is really for bigger hands. But otherwise the standard Boll ALC ST and Spirit handle seems to me a little bit too small- it's for small hands. It should have more thickness, wideness is ok.
ttspirit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ttspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 4:10pm
But where are the dimensions of the ST handle of Drinkhall Carbon ?
piligrim View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piligrim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/09/2017 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Magic_M Magic_M wrote:

That`s what I thought too. 
If you like the Viscaria: why do you look for a substitute with (more or less) the same price?

maybe he need ST handle ...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic