Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hou Yingchao’s rubbers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
obraztsov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obraztsov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hou Yingchao’s rubbers
    Posted: 09/16/2006 at 4:49pm

Today I saw very exciting match between Timo Boll and chinese defender Hou Yingchao. Hou Yingchao uses short pips to produce enormous backspin. Anybody knows which short pips are used by this player? What is his blade and reversed rubber?

Sponsored Links

haggisv View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Dark Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haggisv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 7:37pm
It would be 99% technique, 1% equipment...
Smart; VS>401, Dtecs OX
Tenergy Alternatives | My TT Articles
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 8:42pm
Who won?  You don't see hou a lot, but he is a world class defender.
Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
TT_Freak View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TT_Freak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/16/2006 at 11:30pm
Probably Hurricane 3 on the forehand and some sort of 802 variant short pips on the backhand.
Violin
F1
Actor

10g at 3 and 9
10g at 12
20g at the end of handle
O! Ju Qian View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 12:52am
i don't think he would use a hurricane 3 for a chopper like him.  maybe a globe 999 with blue sponge for an allrounded forehand
BL: Yasaka Extra Offensive CP
FH: Hurricane 3 Pro
BH: Tenergy 05

"Practice is USELESS if you don't understand what you are doing."
dunmer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dunmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 1:58am
Hou didn't make a single chop with his forehand in that match, just loop, counter.
Backspin was impressing, but SIDEspin on his chops was not from this planet
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 2:15am
i am beginning to see another Ding Song here.  I get the feeling that the choppers in China play with short pips.  I saw match where hou plays against samsonov in the super league and he actually counter with his backhand, which makes a nice transition.  i think the purpose is to be able to chop and counter from both sides, which is a very difficult style to learn; it's like trying to play penhold with from all sides of the racquet from both sides.

agooding2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agooding2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 11:14am
If you have good technique you can add to the sidespin on loops coming toward you with a short pips backhand chop. So I'm guessing that's what he was doing.

I agree it's technique, not the rubber and probably he uses a thin sponge version of 802. Also as he was getting heavy spin already, he could add to it and the spin coming back to his opponent was probably truly extreme.

-- Andrew
obraztsov View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obraztsov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 11:20am

Is it possible to do with some spinny long pimples. Among spinny long pimples I know only Feint Long III.  Other long pimples almost don't produce any spin.

Anybody knows good pimples for chopping even on float balls?

master-pong View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote master-pong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 11:43am
Originally posted by O! Ju Qian O! Ju Qian wrote:

i don't think he would use a hurricane 3 for a chopper like him. 

Actually H3 could be right because in The Netherlands there's a top 10 player (chinese guy though) called Wang Ruliang and he plays H3 on the FH and he spins AND chops with it!

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 2:22pm
for real? wow than he is good
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 2:51pm

yea he is good.  Long pips have their own thing going on but people hardly use it for attacking because they know they won't be getting enough power from it.  Joo only attacks with his LPs (when he is really using it) when he knows he can kill it for good. Hou yingchao's SPs can range from defense to offensive and he has more control on how much spin he wants on the ball.  I think people from different country think different of what equipment is suitable for what style.  If you noticed, some of Hou's varied chops land faster on the table and sometimes it does not.  Ding Song also plays with short pips but i would say that he moves with more freedom around the table like using his backhand only as he moves around the three sides of the table.  Ding Song is working with Hou Yingchao to improve his game so we will probably see more of him in the future.  

sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 2:55pm
are there some videos of hou yinghao?
cole_ely View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cole_ely Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 3:28pm

He may use h3....about any tacky, thick topsheet can be good for chopping.  But I bet he's not using dhs #22 2.15mm underneath it.

When I saw yingchao play he choped plenty with the fh.  His loops were all corkscrew loops going outside in.  Sort of a defensive cross between a loop and a fish executed from knee height.

Wavestone St with Illumina 1.9r, defender1.7b

Please let me know if I can be of assistance.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote O! Ju Qian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/17/2006 at 3:39pm
Heh. yea, but strokes for looping is more of a consistent shot than a finishing shot.

lucioping View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucioping Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 3:36am
I read on sc-tabletennis.com that he uses in this torunament DHS nr.8 blade, Hurricane 3 and TSP Spectol 1,8mm . But in chinese super league videos I saw he uses butterfly defensive II blade.
ping pong website www.eachengit.com
BL: Dr.neubauer Barricade
FH: DHS G666 2,2mm
Bh: RITC 802 1,0mm
sluskas View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sluskas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 10:27am
some players are chainging
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic