FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

violin carbon

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 2:55pm
I emailed TT1 and inquired about the dimensions of the ST handle.
The reason is that I am very picky about handle sizes. I stopped playing with regular Violin for a few years because I felt the ST handle was too thin, until Violin LG (L-Size handle) came out.

Their reply was:
  • Violin (ST) handle - 98mm long, 28mm wide, 24mm thick.
  • Violin Carbon (ST) handle - 10cm long, 28mm wide, 24mm thick.
  • Violin LG (ST) handle - 29mm wide, 23mm thick.
I suppose this means that the handle of Violin Carbon is the same as regular Violin.
Interestingly, the handles of regular Violin and Violin carbon appear to be thicker (and rounder) than Violin LG.

This does not completely match my own measurements, which are:
  • Violin regular ST handle is about 26.5 x 23 mm, circumference is 82 mm.
  • Violin LG ST handle is about 28.5 x 23 mm, circumference is 87 mm.
  • Handle length is 100 mm and head size is 149 x 156 mm in both cases.
I would be grateful if one of the first owners of Violin Carbon ST could post dimensions and maybe a picture of the handle butt.

Nexy Arche & Nittaku Violin LG.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Also member of Violin & 1-Ply clans.
Sponsored Links

Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/05/2017 at 10:33pm
Yeah, the acoustic/violin handles are tiny. Remember that when buying, and possibly wait for the LG version of the Violin Carbon.

Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 2:14pm
I make it 28mm by 23mm

Nittaku Violin Carbon ST handle base
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 4:20pm
Originally posted by fatt fatt wrote:

Originally posted by Sedis Sedis wrote:

I make it 28mm by 23mm

how does it play? bring it on! Tongue

I'll get a chance to try it tomorrow. I have been wanting a carbon blade with a harder outer veneer but that is not too stiff and in the off-/off range or a while, so in theory this ticks a lot of boxes for me. 

Edited by Sedis - 12/08/2017 at 1:23am
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 4:45pm
To anyone interested. Violin Carbon ST is out of stock at tt11 and not expected to become available again before the end of the weekly special offer.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 4:50pm

I still find shocking that I could get a couple at $127.53 a piece; for such a new product that so many people are waiting for, the move is eerie. The uncanny offer is still available 3 days later.

I would have snatched 'em up, but for Europe, with taxes, it was more like $162 a piece, so still good but not that great...
If you decide to sell one, I'll get it for the price you paid, if you include shipping.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/06/2017 at 5:35pm

I make it 28mm by 23mm

Nittaku Violin Carbon ST handle base

Sorry if the above image is already overquoted (previous posters, please consider removing it from your quotation, if it's not essential), but I wanted to post it next to an image of regular Violin LG (with Large ST handle).
As you can see, regardless of the dimensions, the shape is clearly different: more round-ish on the Violin Carbon (just like regular Violin) and more elongated, with flatter top/bottom surfaces, on the Violin LG:

Join the Nexy Clan!
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/07/2017 at 11:45pm
seems like frequency wise its close to the Acoustic Carbon which isnt too surprising I guess.
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 3:30am
I will test and compare to Acoustic inner and outer carbon today, test bouncing with ball.

Edited by peter79 - 12/08/2017 at 3:30am
Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Thomasson View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thomasson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 4:39am
I will order one aswell in the coming weeks, hopefully it plays close to acoustic carbon, which I like but I prefer this handle colors (matches my club colors).
I actually have Acoustic Carbon with MJ handles but its around 92g because of the custom handles I believe.
Blade: TB ALC
FH: Tenergy05 2.1
BH: Tenergy64 1.7
peter79 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peter79 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/08/2017 at 6:35am
The feel is more solid dan acoustic carbon,speed a bit slower.
My acoustic carbon is 92 gr, violin carbon 91 gr

Andro Wanokiwami AO Offensive 83 gr
H3 National Orange 40 deg 2.2
Baracuda Max
182 Gr

Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 2:11am

still around $130 at tt11:

I have a hard time understanding the strategy: on sale when it comes out: can somebody comment?

I assume it might vary depending on where you are in the world, but with TT11's % discount scheme the blade at standard price would qualify you for a reasonable discount in any case, add a couple of rubbers (or buy a pair of blades) and you could pay this price even when the blade is not on offer.
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 2:59am

I have a hard time understanding the strategy: on sale when it comes out: can somebody comment?

I assume it might vary depending on where you are in the world, but with TT11's % discount scheme the blade at standard price would qualify you for a reasonable discount in any case, add a couple of rubbers (or buy a pair of blades) and you could pay this price even when the blade is not on offer.

This. You can always get expensive blades at about 20-25% discount.
Moreover, tt11 claims they randomly select their weekly specials, so if it's truly random, it could have been coincidence.
Otoh, maybe they want to push a number of blades out early to ensure a number of reviews.
On top of that tt-japan and iruiru also have/had them 20% off even before it was released.
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 3:00am
Forgot to mention that the ST version sold out in few days. Maybe they didn't have many in stock.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Basquests View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Basquests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 5:59am
Originally posted by arg0 arg0 wrote:

This. You can always get expensive blades at about 20-25% discount.
Moreover, tt11 claims they randomly select their weekly specials, so if it's truly random, it could have been coincidence.
Otoh, maybe they want to push a number of blades out early to ensure a number of reviews.
On top of that tt-japan and iruiru also have/had them 20% off even before it was released.

This. I got 3 MX-P's (37 euro each, i.e. 111 euro total) + Omega V tour + acoustic inner carbon (152 euro at tt11), i.e. 305 euro total, for 205 after the 30% and the 10 euro black friday coupon. You always get a great discount, and free shipping if you buy in volume, which makes the smaller schemes better for those willing/able to only buy less / want to try a variety of stuff at different times, instead of just buying say 4 MXP's for 25% off, or  8 evolutions at 30% off.

They also sent me an additional MX-P by accident, I think, probably to do with them thinking i should get a buy 3 get 4, which isn't the case for 2 reasons
a) 30% disc > buy 3 get 4 (=25% disc) which they've noted and prioritized the 30% for consumers
b) Omega was on buy 3 get 4, so i got 4 rubbers from that section anyway, they sent me 5 in actuality.

Hurray for TT11.
kindof99 View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kindof99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 11:02am
On sale items do not qualify for the 30% or 25% off discount. Sometimes I need to wait until the sale ends to get a better deal. 

I think TT11 should have either the volume discount or the sale price together so people do not need to wait until there is no sale for certain items.
MCollins View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MCollins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/09/2017 at 5:16pm
Not mine, but I got to hit with a violin carbon today.  EL-S on both sides.  I thought the throw was a bit lower than regular violin with same rubbers, and it was great to hit and block with, but I only played with it for 10 min or so.  Really, I'm just commenting to brag about getting to try it haha.  
My Feedback
http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=75703&title=feedback-mcollins
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/10/2017 at 3:47pm
How about spin? You wrote the throw is lower than regular violin, but it's still a 5.3mm blade, so I would expect it to be rather flexible and quite easy to generate spin with. Or is it rather a flat hitters' and blockers' blade?
Join the Nexy Clan!
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 12:50pm
Where is the report?
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 2:30pm
Meh? Really?
Join the Nexy Clan!
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 3:07pm
Well, acoustic carbon is not a better acoustic, so I wouldn't have expected violin carbon to be a better violin. Just tell us how it's different, I'm curious.
Join the Nexy Clan!
Sedis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sedis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 4:58pm

I think it’s me not the blade. I need more time with it.

That's pretty much how I'm feeling after a couple of fairly short sessions with it. I don't really want to give it an unfair review because I have not taken to it instantly 
h0n1g View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote h0n1g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 6:52pm
A blade you don't immediately love is a blade you will never love in my opinion.

I've probably tried over 60 blades and I've never once ended up with one that I didn't immediately take a liking to in the first 10 minutes. No matter if I 'lost' or 'won'.

Just sayin'
doraemon View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doraemon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 7:46pm
Originally posted by h0n1g h0n1g wrote:

A blade you don't immediately love is a blade you will never love in my opinion.

I've probably tried over 60 blades and I've never once ended up with one that I didn't immediately take a liking to in the first 10 minutes. No matter if I 'lost' or 'won'.

Just sayin'

I generally agree with your comment above.  I have experienced the same thing, with one exception.

I own a Clipper and never like it (back in the 38 mm celluloid ball era).   Today, in the 40+ plastic ball era, I think Clipper is a really good blade.

Blade : Just wood
FH : black rubber
BH : red rubber
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 8:53pm

Just sayin'

True for me.
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/12/2017 at 10:03pm
Does this mean I put you back on the tester list for BBC
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 12:47am
deleted

Edited by icontek - 12/13/2017 at 1:23am
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/13/2017 at 1:22am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Just sayin'

So true.

It's the reason the blade collection has gotten smaller over the years.

US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
arg0 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arg0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 3:09pm
fatt, Sedis, peter79, et al.
any news? Thanks!
Join the Nexy Clan!
Vince64 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12/15/2017 at 10:28pm

I also agree but I still think I made several mistakes: playing somebody better, gluing max on both sides. The gap between my play and what I think it is was too big when I chose to try ova max in the fh on a carbon blade; that was childish. I make great shots too but they would never compensate the waste that follow them. Of course the hits were fantastic and looping amateur chops - most of them high but low missiles were coming back sometimes - was effortless with the right relaxed pendulum stroke that I consider the ultimate exercise in terms of efficiency when learning to fh loop: “you can loop chops 20 times relax, you can loop $&@%ING ANYTHING!”...ok back to topic, the 50deg sponge is too hard for my stroke and I am better aware now (i am done with ova btw, a couple soon FS both black, 2.0 1 month and max used 2 hours); the weight was also bad: 90g, tearmender is 6 to 8g (I am generous), it was a bit too much at 196 gr and I compensated holding the paddle close to the neck; there bh driving was super with the R47. My bh loop was just fine I am confident there so no surprises.
Next time I will try the R47 bh and OVA fh both in 2.0 that are on the all wood violin, going easy on the glue. If I can bring the weight down to 188 I’ll be fine.
With the Acoustic Carbon I had a weird experience that is happening again: the sweet spot is less than what I expected but I’m not going to be picky, it does not pretend to be a 102g Schlager. They made a decision about the thickness of the carbon and the breakaway from all wood is not brutal, we’re still in the violin world, of course with a harder feel but we certainly keep the same comfort in areas like blocking and pushing where I did not notice a decline from whatever I do with the all wood counterpart, maybe even an improvement in blocks. They wanted to cover the “new plastic ball era” getting that paddle out but hey! Just in case the 2 all wood are not going anywhere.
I got the additional speed I wanted, it’s very stable, top notch quality, I’ll keep them for a while but h0n1g sure hit it: I did not fall in love and if I make it work it will be a marriage de raison. I am also considering going down to 42 on the bh keeping the 47 for the fh (anybody want to trade a R42 2.0 or max, Black for an OVA black 2.0?”). Until I’ve tried those combos I won’t jump to conclusions.
Please do not take this as a review, more like random rambling in the bus on my way home; also forgive my misspellings, poor grammar and disorganized sentence structure. I did not mean anything malicious.
More to come?
If I had known you were gonna have such senseless random ramblings from riding the bus home maybe next time I'll drop you off at your place instead of the bus stop! Lol
ustabletennisresults.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/408008237063185
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic