FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Rozena Becomes Best Seller in Japan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rozena Becomes Best Seller in Japan
    Posted: 09/12/2017 at 10:28am
In the August 2017 ranking, Rozena, 4 months after its release, has displaced Fastarc G-1, which up till then had dominated the no.1 spot for 16 consecutive months, to become the best seller in Japan.

The impact was significant enough for the editor at Table Tennis Kingdom to write a piece about it.

Quote First place in Rosena. Reading the tool ranking of interest   2017/09/09

FASTARK G-1" (Nitaku) which was ranked number one for 16 consecutive months in the back software section of table tennis kingdom WEB tool ranking. In the same ranking in the August summary, he dismissed that "champion" and "Rosena" took the 1st place.
Tamasu tweeted its "happy result" with its own SNS without putting a hair cut when upgrading the tool ranking at the Kingdom WEB. This tool ranking has received considerable attention from some table tennis makers and table tennis shops.

The tool ranking of table tennis kingdom web is not based on information from all table tennis shops, but it is based on the sales ranking provided by the leading shops nationwide, so it does not differ much from the order of real revenue in Japan as a whole I see.
The table tennis shop which is receiving cooperation is also a shop with few manufacturer colors. "It is funny that this product from that manufacturer is incorrect, so surely the salesman at the shop tells the people in the shop that he is operating the shop," and it is obviously a mistake if you hear that there are salespeople who take a standpoint.
Most of the shops that are receiving cooperation are not shops that work even if something is requested from the manufacturer. Even if one store does that kind of operation, it does not affect the ranking of stores with more than 10 shops. It is impossible to manipulate the ranking of multiple shops. As the salesperson thinks so, the manufacturer is already over.

"Rosena" and "G-1" ranked first in the back software section of the latest August rankings were slightly different. There is no doubt that there is a possibility of tipping over next month.
Tamako Osawa, president of Tamas, said in an interview that "Rosena" is a bridge to "tenazi" when featured "Rosena" in "separate volumes of table tennis goods" published in May Cannibalization We do not worry that our products erode other products of their own) ".
But was it real intention? After the temporary drop in "Tenazy" (open price), which was raised to around 8,000 yen in February 2015, there must have been a risk in introducing "Rosena" at the timing when it finally recovered. If "Rosena" of 5000 yen (suggested retail price) eats "tenazi", it becomes a strategy of overwhelming the head. What I wanted to eat "Rosena" was a German rubber called "G-1" "Lucksa" "V> 15" "Vega" "Omega" of similar price range.
Tamas' worry appeared in that promotion. Compared with past "tenazi", the advertisement at the outset was discreet. Clearly I felt like seeing the state of the market while holding back with "tenacity".

However, since its release in April, sales have been strong, spurring how to sell at the timing of the replacement of middle and high school students in July and August. While watching the trend, Tamas begins to focus on the advertisement of "Rosena". Even if you advertise "Rosena", you feel that you do not eat "tenazi".

This tool ranking, especially the trend of the software department behind the largest sales of the tool market, is not only concerned with users, but also by table tennis manufacturers and stakeholders. Although it gave way to the top spot for "Rosena", five items are included in Nitaku in the top ten. I feel momentum.
In addition, Mizuno will also introduce "Q 3" of spin tension rubber made in Japan in October. In the expanding table tennis market the rubber war is getting more intense. (Imano)

Edited by zeio - 09/12/2017 at 10:55am
Viscaria FL - 91g
+ Neo H3 2.15 Blk - 44.5g(55.3g uncut bare)
+ Hexer HD 2.1 Red - 49.3g(68.5g 〃 〃)
= 184.8g
Sponsored Links

vvk1 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vvk1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 10:32am
What is "Lucksa"?
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 10:33am
Rakza.
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
Fulanodetal View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fulanodetal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 11:00am
That was a bit of a challenge to read. Cannibalism, "Tenazis" ( I assume this means "Tenergy") and at some point someone did not get a haircut.

FdT
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 11:32am
LOL. The haircut reference is an idiom with a Chinese origin, which means "in no time."

As for the part about cannibalism, Google Translate had trouble with that sentence due to the quotes breaking it off. It translates better separately. The CEO said Rozena is a transitional rubber leading to Tenergy. They do not worry about cannibalism(as written) between the two.

Edited by zeio - 09/12/2017 at 11:49am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
kolevtt View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kolevtt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 4:17pm
I tested this rubber for 10-15 minutes and I found nothing so special, really. Feels slower, slightly softer and lighter than Tenergy 05, couldn't feel very well the jump in blocking. It has good spin, but due to the lower weight I think the spin is not so much disturbing. I tested it on Schlager Carbon 93 grams, old Viscaria 100 grams and Primo OFF- 91 grams, could be better on more harder OFF/OFF+ speed blades with 95 grams, but definitely that's not my choice for bh rubber.

zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/12/2017 at 11:32pm
Who else other than Zu Yuling uses Rozena?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ittfworld/35072296825/sizes/k/

Edited by zeio - 09/12/2017 at 11:32pm
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
rocketman222 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocketman222 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 1:18am
I wish proSpin carried rozena for cheap
timoboll89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote timoboll89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 1:28am
I use rozena on the backhand...as probably 99% of people here i was using something too fast for backhand.
This rubber has control and spin. Its perfect for backhand
iamj8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iamj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/13/2017 at 6:21am
Originally posted by kolevtt kolevtt wrote:

I tested this rubber for 10-15 minutes and I found nothing so special, really. Feels slower, slightly softer and lighter than Tenergy 05, couldn't feel very well the jump in blocking. It has good spin, but due to the lower weight I think the spin is not so much disturbing. I tested it on Schlager Carbon 93 grams, old Viscaria 100 grams and Primo OFF- 91 grams, could be better on more harder OFF/OFF+ speed blades with 95 grams, but definitely that's not my choice for bh rubber.

I tried Rozena right after playing T64 which I found was a great change for me but as I played more with Rozena I came to the same conclusion.  I so badly wanted Rozena to be the rubber and tried to convince myself it was the case but I was wrong so now I have gone back to my trusty T80.

I can see why it's so popular though.
A version of Hurricane 3
A version of Tenergy
A Stiga blade...
zeio View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeio Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 5:06am
Ok, it didn't last long. After two months in the throne, Rozena is finally displaced by none other than the Fastarc G1 in the October ranking.

http://world-tt.com/ps_goods/goods_ranking.php

Edited by zeio - 11/07/2017 at 5:06am
Viscaria FL - 91g
= 184.8g
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 8:41am
Butterfly are always likely to have an initial bump in sales when they release something new.  Hype plays a big factor.  It's a great rubber regardless - two of my club's best players have switched to it recently (from T05) and rate it very highly.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 8:57am
Originally posted by AndySmith AndySmith wrote:

Butterfly are always likely to have an initial bump in sales when they release something new.  Hype plays a big factor.  It's a great rubber regardless - two of my club's best players have switched to it recently (from T05) and rate it very highly.

Hmmm .. I keep thinking what rubber can replace my Calibra and give me a bit more spin and control without sacrificing too much speed, that is non-ESN, and I keep coming back to Rozena. Do you know the blades they are using? My guess is that they play controlled games. Thanks.
AndySmith View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndySmith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 9:15am
Originally posted by richrf richrf wrote:

Hmmm .. I keep thinking what rubber can replace my Calibra and give me a bit more spin and control without sacrificing too much speed, that is non-ESN, and I keep coming back to Rozena. Do you know the blades they are using? My guess is that they play controlled games. Thanks.

One guy plays controlled loop with a Ross Leidy Rapscallion, one guy plays a full-on attacking game with a Senso Ultra Carbon (filled handle).  They both say the same kind of thing when I ask about it - cuts down on short game errors massively with only a slight reduction in threat when attacking.

Attacking guy says that since the plastic ball arrived he can't overload people with spin as often so the main advantage of T05 has gone for him.  He'd rather continually drive people to death these days - he values keeping the ball on the table when under pressure more than spinning the ball up.

Seems to be catching on locally.
This was a great signature until I realised it was overrated.
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 9:29am

Attacking guy says that since the plastic ball arrived he can't overload people with spin as often so the main advantage of T05 has gone for him.  He'd rather continually drive people to death these days - he values keeping the ball on the table when under pressure more than spinning the ball up.

Thanks Andy,

I don't play with plastic, but I want to get back to basics. I'm inspired by the longevity of Samsonov and Klampar, and the highly controlled game of Hirono and Oh Sung Eun. Never heard of the Ross Leidy blade. I've looked into the Donic JO shape with a solid handle. Possibly a nice controlled set up. Thanks!

Edited by richrf - 11/07/2017 at 9:30am
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 10:47am

Anecdotally, I think this is true across a bunch of ability levels.

Gone are the days where a heavy spin loop against underspin produced a futile effort to block.
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 10:54am
Originally posted by icontek icontek wrote:

Gone are the days where a heavy spin loop against underspin produced a futile effort to block.

I feel this is a positive development. The pendulum had moved too far over and needed some adjustment.

Last week I played with a no-name cheapo and hadn't had as much fun in a long time. There is something about touch and placement that I love. I guess the game becomes more tactical. Marty Reismann user to bemoan the loss of person-to-person simplicity of the game. Anyway, it's back to wood and control for me.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 2:04pm
I tried Rozena on my Xiom Hayabusa Z+, and wasn't impressed, as it was faster but had less spin for similar effort to what I'm used to.  I could adjust given time an a slight change in my stroke, but why bother.

I later put my sheet on an old Joola K-5 all wood blade, and it seems to settle down and play much better.  Now it could be that it set for a month or so between one and the other and some of the effect faded, but it still is better on the K-5 regardless of the reason.  My K-5 has been sealed, and has a nice feel with Rozena on it, spin is also nice on this more allaround blade.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

I tried Rozena on my Xiom Hayabusa Z+, and wasn't impressed, as it was faster but had less spin for similar effort to what I'm used to.  I could adjust given time an a slight change in my stroke, but why bother.

I later put my sheet on an old Joola K-5 all wood blade, and it seems to settle down and play much better.  Now it could be that it set for a month or so between one and the other and some of the effect faded, but it still is better on the K-5 regardless of the reason.  My K-5 has been sealed, and has a nice feel with Rozena on it, spin is also nice on this more allaround blade.

Thanks much for sharing your experiences Did you find that you had increased control over placement, spin, and speed. Control is what I am miss set interested in, with the capability of putting a way a point. Thanks!
Tyler45 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tyler45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 4:55pm
Interesting, I tried rozena on an all wood off- blade (virtuoso) and it didnt work at all: bouncy, odd catapult, ok spin but nothing special. El-s on the hand works great.
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 9:22pm

Thanks much for sharing your experiences Did you find that you had increased control over placement, spin, and speed. Control is what I am miss set interested in, with the capability of putting a way a point. Thanks!

I really haven't used it enough to be sure yet, but it feels like the ball goes where I want it.  Hard to say for sure since the blade is different and the rubber is different also.  But, it feels a lot better to me, could be the difference in the speed of the blades is making the rubber feel like it has more control.  Spin seems to be easier to get, speed is still very nice (for my level, about 1800 US rating).  It doesn't hit rockets like some high end rubber, but I don't have any issue hitting through opponents with it.  The rubber is much less reactive to spin than I remember Tenergy 05 being.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
richrf View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richrf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

I really haven't used it enough to be sure yet, but it feels like the ball goes where I want it.  Hard to say for sure since the blade is different and the rubber is different also.  But, it feels a lot better to me, could be the difference in the speed of the blades is making the rubber feel like it has more control.  Spin seems to be easier to get, speed is still very nice (for my level, about 1800 US rating).  It doesn't hit rockets like some high end rubber, but I don't have any issue hitting through opponents with it.  The rubber is much less reactive to spin than I remember Tenergy 05 being.

Thanks. These are the qualities I'm looking for.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic