Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

US Open 2017

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
ssmilk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssmilk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2017 at 6:45am
wow~ waiting to see it online

Edited by ssmilk - 10/06/2017 at 6:45am
fon View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2017 at 3:24pm
I have a question about the 5 rated events limit.  Does the following count towards the limit:

- U2000 Tiered Super RR
- Doubles
- U2100 Women's RR

Vince64 View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vince64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/06/2017 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by fon fon wrote:

I have a question about the 5 rated events limit.  Does the following count towards the limit:

- U2000 Tiered Super RR
- Doubles
- U2100 Women's RR

Doubles and the women’s event does not count. It’s 5 consecutive rated singles events.
https://www.facebook.com/SeattlePacificTableTennisClub/timeline
PingPongPom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PingPongPom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 7:04pm
All information for the 2017 US Open is now online :D

http://mhtabletennis.com
patrickhrdlicka View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 2:27am
What is the format of the team events?
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

USATT rating: 2k+
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 2:27am
Originally posted by PingPongPom PingPongPom wrote:

All information for the 2017 US Open is now online :D

The information is online, it's just not correct and has been incorrect for a month.  The rated events up to 2250 are RR's.  The schedule shows them as single elimination.   The information in the online entry is correct.  The schedule has it wrong.
mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 2:29am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

What is the format of the team events?

I believe the format is the same as last year.  2 single matches, a doubles, followed by 2 singles.
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 2:40am
Thanks, Mike.

However, at this point - ten days before the early bird deadline - it would be nice to see some official information towards this end. I apologize in advance if it is simply me who is overlooking this information...
Feedback: http://mytabletennis.net/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=69419&title=feedback-patrickhrdlicka

mts388 View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 3:14am
Originally posted by patrickhrdlicka patrickhrdlicka wrote:

Thanks, Mike.

However, at this point - ten days before the early bird deadline - it would be nice to see some official information towards this end. I apologize in advance if it is simply me who is overlooking this information...

Unfortunately you haven't overlooked anything. 
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 1:40pm
All -

I am sorry to report that our Content Management System (SiteCore) that is provided through the USOC doesn't seem to "like" the correct event schedule and for some unknown reason keeps converting back to the event schedule that does not properly list all of the RR events. It was correct last night at 5pm and again at 8pm, but when I went in today to respond to this thread, it appears that SiteCore has decided to revert AGAIN to the incorrect version. I have instructed our team to find an workaround for this ASAP as it appears this problem has been going on for a week (not a month, Mike!!) :)

The online and paper entry forms have the correct schedule that have the RR designation. It's only the "SCHEDULE" button on this page (https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/2017-US-Open) that is not working properly.

All rated events starting at 2250 and below are RR. There are two Super RR which is groups of 5 with 2 advancing (those two events are "open" meaning they are not adult/junior).

Here is a link to the updated hotel information (rooms starting at $29/night!): https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Table-Tennis/2017-US-Open/Hotel-and-Venue

We also have an email ready to go out tomorrow with information about the VIP packages, Teams events, updated hotel rates. 

I am sorry for all of these issues! We did extend the regular deadline (already) by one week to November 17th given all of the posting problems we are having!

You all know you can reach out to me with questions - Gordon.Kaye@usatt.org

Thanks

Edited by Gordy - 10/19/2017 at 1:44pm
JOOLA Aruna OFF / T-05 / RHZYM TECH
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 1:58pm
Here is the teams flyer

Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/19/2017 at 2:45pm
Here are the RR events

Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrickhrdlicka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/25/2017 at 4:55pm
~180 entries so far

mycuzinvinny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 2:38pm
Nice jump in 2 days as of 2:30EST today...

"There are currently 332 entries for the 2017 US Open, December 17 through 22 in Las Vegas, NV."
Donic Epox Offensive
Tenergy 05 FX Max (FH and BH)
wilkinru View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wilkinru Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/27/2017 at 3:33pm
I'm about to add one. Want the discount tho :)
TB ZLF
inverted
inverted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/30/2017 at 1:13pm
Another nice jump in participants...

"There are currently 502 entries for the 2017 US Open, December 17 through 22 in Las Vegas, NV."
Donic Epox Offensive
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2017 at 4:47am
Hopefully there is a large inflow of foreign players yet to be added :-). Seems like every year they are all added in a massive wave towards the end of the registration deadline. I assume it's because they are turned in via mail or fax and have to be added manually. Just my thinking. 

Either way.... I'll see most of you in Vegas :-D
|A Blade, within a Blade, within a Blade. BATCEPTION|

|Nittaku Miyabi|
|FH: Xiom Zava 1 Max
|BH: Xiom Vega Asia DF Max
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/06/2017 at 9:08pm
I registered already, am want to be in another doubles event. The website wont let me add another event. What is the email I should use to get with the tournament director team to get in the doubles event I am seeking?

Thx.
Korea Foreign Table Tennis Club
Search for us on Facebook: koreaforeignttc
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/07/2017 at 1:16pm
jon.taylor@usatt.org

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 9:31am
"There are currently 658 entries for the 2017 US Open, December 17 through 22 in Las Vegas, NV."
Donic Epox Offensive
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 3:19am
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

jon.taylor@usatt.org

Thank you sir,

I now see the US Open front page has an "Add Entry" button to download a form to fill out to request said event changes to email in.
BH-Man View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BH-Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 3:22am
I recognize and know so many of the players entered in the US Open now. Sure helps to have lived in an area with some TT action in USA continuously for more than a year.
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 7:58am
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I recognize and know so many of the players entered in the US Open now. Sure helps to have lived in an area with some TT action in USA continuously for more than a year.

BH-man, do you recognize these names entered?
Baek, Seung Min 
Chu, Han Hyuck
Jung, Seong Won
Kim, Hyun So
Kim, Jun Hyeok
Kim, Kyu Yeon
Kim, Min Jae
Lee, Jung Woo
Lee, Min Ho
Oh, Gyeong Min
Park, Gyeong Tae
Park, Hyung Seok
Park, Min Jun

After a quick glance it seems most of these Koreans are in Junior Boys, under 21 Men, and Men's.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 8:58am
Not sure if same person, but Lee, Jung Woo was formerly #78 on the ittf ranks, didn't see the others.
Donic Epox Offensive
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 2:34pm
For the other items besides the "Free event", how does one obtain the monorail pass and such? It's my first time using the tournament hotel so I am at a loss.

Thanks in advance

|Nittaku Miyabi|
mjamja View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mjamja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/16/2017 at 2:48pm
The last time I went the hotel had a table set up were you could pick up your mono-rail pass and the other coupons along with some advertising for attractions.  We got in early before everything was set up, but the desk clerk got someone to go and find our bag of goodies.

The free USATT rating pin (not sure they are doing that this time) was picked up at the USATT check in table.

Mark
heavyspin View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heavyspin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 12:35pm
I did an express check in at a US Open hotel and an envelope with monorail passes appeared under my room door the next morning.
Money can't buy happiness but in table tennis, money can buy double happiness.
Gordy View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gordy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 2:07pm
All -

We have slightly changed the monorail pass delivery. Because we had many complaints about not receiving the monorail passes, the week before the event you will now be sent the monorail pass electronically. You can print it out or have it on your mobile/cell phone. 

For the ratings pin and free shirt customization, you receive a coupon in your players packet.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mycuzinvinny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 2:18pm
"There are currently 744 entries for the 2017 US Open, December 17 through 22 in Las Vegas, NV."
Donic Epox Offensive
Tek101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tek101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Gordy Gordy wrote:

All -

We have slightly changed the monorail pass delivery. Because we had many complaints about not receiving the monorail passes, the week before the event you will now be sent the monorail pass electronically. You can print it out or have it on your mobile/cell phone. 

For the ratings pin and free shirt customization, you receive a coupon in your players packet.

Cool, thanks Gordon!

|Nittaku Miyabi|
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic