FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login
tabletennis11.com

Torpedo soft vs. Sriver g2 vs. Skyline

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Idigchubbychick View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idigchubbychick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Torpedo soft vs. Sriver g2 vs. Skyline
    Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:07am
I just tried bryce fx and it is suppose to imatate speedglued rubbers but my hur 2 rubber can loop better than bryce. I currently have sriver on my backhand and it seems to be able to loop better than the bryce. Well, im looking for another sheet and i narrowed it down to these three. Im looking for something thats fast like bryce and loopy like hur 2. any comments with be very, very helpful. thanks
Sponsored Links

non3 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote non3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:29am
bryce fx isn't supposed to imitate speed glued rubbers. Hurr 2 is very different from bryce and loop in terms of throw angle is very different. With euro rubbers like bryce you may have to hit through the ball more to get the m,echanical spin where with chinese rubbers like hurricane you would get the spin fro, the tacky top sheet. Most likely you are closing the paddle face to compensate for the high throw angle of huricane. Can't close bryce too much since it'll just drop into the net without a tacky top sheet. If you want speed glue imitation rubber try the Donic desto series.

As for G2 skyline and torpedo...skyline will play more like hurricane than the other two since it's chinese as well and very hard and tacky. If you liked hII then get that. G2 is a sriver. Will play like a sriver. Never use topedo soft.

My recommendation is to get a coach who can teach you how to loop, then you can loop with any rubber out there. He probably will tell you to not use Bryce at first, and if you're not in china, and you want to loop hes not gonna recommend hurricane.

Prob Primorac Off- and sriver of some sort, or something like that of a different brand. If you can loop with a sh*tty paddle you can loop with anything
2x Babolat Pure Storm Tour
Gosen Micro Sheep 16 @ 58lbs
Balint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 12:48am
I think hurricane & skyline as low throw rubbers as bryce if not lower, but have to hit those differently
Butterfly Timo Boll Spirit
FH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
BH: DHS SKYLINE 3 2.2mm
Glue SZIKO PREMIUM SPEED ;-)
Idigchubbychick View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Idigchubbychick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 1:09am
bryge fx has the high tension technology which butterfly says imitates speedglue. i know the swing of the bryce, but since im 5.5 at a buck 15, i have to swing in a high motion to create enough spin. it takes to long for me to "reset".  for hur 2, its more of a forward motion. so please, im asking which one would fit my style, not asking for a coach. and you say it will, im not asking for will, im asking which.
YATTP View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YATTP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 2:54am
Donic Coppa Gold or Tibhar Nimbus. If you don't speed glue, these are the fastet short movement looping rubbers you can get at the moment.
silvalis View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silvalis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 3:26am
high tension isn't meant to imitate glue.
You're getting mixed up with Tensor, which is.
Potato Face
non3 View Drop Down
Beginner
Beginner

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote non3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09/18/2006 at 10:54am
What sivalis said.
Also add Tango and Donic F* Series to what TATTP said.
If you want bty built in speed glue then you need powersponge.

Even if you're 5'5 115, there are many juniors sub 110 lbs ripping the ball everywhere with sriver and the like.

But for small strokes those tensor rubbers are probably what you're looking for
2x Babolat Pure Storm Tour
Gosen Micro Sheep 16 @ 58lbs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic