0 [0.00%]
16 [38.10%]
0 [0.00%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 8:38pm
Oh, now I get it.  So this is another I hate Butterfly, or in this case Nittaku, because "The price for their product is just too high in MY opinion" threads.

Got you, moving on now, nothing to see here.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Sponsored Links

mts388 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mts388 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 8:39pm
It's time you let this thread die.
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/10/2017 at 11:31pm
Originally posted by BH-Man BH-Man wrote:

I think one can very quickly adjust to any ball with a consistent bounce and roundness that stays that way.

How many of these unicorns actually exist in 2017?

i enjoy the NP40 AND D40+ balls.  is it because they don't dent?
US1260.RC1042 . OSP Virtuoso AC: PK50 + R42
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/12/2017 at 10:33am
Originally posted by 1dennistt 1dennistt wrote:

Oh, now I get it.  So this is another I hate Butterfly, or in this case Nittaku, because "The price for their product is just too high in MY opinion" threads.

Got you, moving on now, nothing to see here.

mts388 said It's time you let this thread die.

Let's not be bitter with personal attacks, I just use the facts !!

I am not trying to embarrass you if you appear to be an easy Mark for Nittaku balls if more money than brains.

The Joola Flash 40+ *** is the ball of choice in England for 2017-18.

Link

Edited by LUCKYLOOP - 10/12/2017 at 11:38am
Hntr Fl / 4H & BH Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
Yinhe T-2 / 4H Xiom Sig Pro 2 2.0 BH Xiom Omega IV Elite Max
Gam DC / 4H DHS Hurricane 8 39deg 2.1 BH GD CC LP OX
HARDBAT / Hock 3 ply / Frenshp Dr Evil OX
LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2017 at 11:26pm

The Stiga 40+ is used by 2 clubs in the German Bundesliga League.

Where can you buy it ?
Pushblocker View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 1:47pm
I prefer the Nittaku Premium.. It's also the thinnest of all the plastic balls, measuring barely above 40 mm while some of the seamless balls are like 40.30 mm... Smaller size = more spin..

2010 Florida State Champion

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Pushblocker Pushblocker wrote:

I prefer the Nittaku Premium.. It's also the thinnest of all the plastic balls, measuring barely above 40 mm while some of the seamless balls are like 40.30 mm... Smaller size = more spin..

That might be true when they are new, but as they age, as slick as they become, I suspect they have less spin than the seamless balls.  We have a lot of them running around our club that are so shinny, they would have been discarded in the 38 mm days.  Of course at the price they charge they are still in use now.
Donic Waldner World Champion 1989 ZLC (Inner), Donic BlueStorm Pro (Red) Max, ????? (Black) 1.8 mm)
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 2:17pm

That might be true when they are new, but as they age, as slick as they become, I suspect they have less spin than the seamless balls.  We have a lot of them running around our club that are so shinny, they would have been discarded in the 38 mm days.  Of course at the price they charge they are still in use now.

Agreed.. The Nittaku Premium get very slick when they are used a lot, resulting in less spin.. However, a brand new Nittaku Premium 40+ seems to have more spin than any other 40+ ball when new. 

Dr. Neubauer Firewall Plus Blade with DHS G666 1.5mm on forehand Giant Dragon Talon National Team OX on backhand
1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 2:28pm
Have you tried the new DHS D40+?  I'm wondering from a pips perspective how it fares compared to the NP 40+?
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 2:30pm

Have you tried the new DHS D40+?  I'm wondering from a pips perspective how it fares compared to the NP 40+?
I have played it once or twice.. Seemed similar to some of the other seamless balls to me.. Didn't notice any major difference.. From the Seamless ones, I actualy like the Xushaofa the best. JOOLA ball is pretty decent too but I'm getting the best results with new Nittaku Premium 40+..

Edited by Pushblocker - 10/18/2017 at 2:31pm

1dennistt View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1dennistt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 3:19pm
Interesting, another of my friends who play a similar style to yours (not your level, only 1900 or so) likes the Butterfly better than the NP 40+.  That's why I was curious.  Thanks
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 5:04pm

Interesting, another of my friends who play a similar style to yours (not your level, only 1900 or so) likes the Butterfly better than the NP 40+.  That's why I was curious.  Thanks
Butterfly ball plays ok. The first generation of them was not great but they improved the ball..

LUCKYLOOP View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LUCKYLOOP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 7:26pm

Nittaku Premium 40+ was used in the 2017 World Championships.

Butterfly A40+ will be used in 2018 World Championships.

The US could rotate the ball used every other year like the World Championships, maybe Butterfly A40+ for 2018.
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 7:55pm

I have played it once or twice.. Seemed similar to some of the other seamless balls to me.. Didn't notice any major difference.. From the Seamless ones, I actualy like the Xushaofa the best. JOOLA ball is pretty decent too but I'm getting the best results with new Nittaku Premium 40+..

D40+ is not seamless.
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pushblocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/18/2017 at 8:22pm
Originally posted by Baal Baal wrote:

D40+ is not seamless.

I wasn't sure.. It was a while since Iast used it.. I usually play Nittaku Premium or Xushoafa ball.. Most tournaments in my area use Nittaku Premiun..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic