Alex Table Tennis - MyTableTennis.NET Homepage
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Why ABS plastic disagree with the chop-defenders.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

tabletennis11.com
Forum Home Forum Home > General > General

Why ABS plastic disagree with the chop-defenders.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
JimT View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JimT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 11:58pm
What i hate the most is the fact that we now have four or soon perhaps even more different types of balls / seam or no seam / celluloid, abs, other poly balls etc. Most of them have slightly different bounces, spin ability, speed, durability etc. This is truly frustrating. We have enough variety with rubbers and blades. Having to play different kind of TT every time you have to choose a different type of ball (which often is not your choice) is ridiculous and very annoying.

It's amazing how people claiming to do their best to improve table tennis have actually damaged it in a quite consistent manner over the last 20 years. And they are still running the show...
Single Ply Hinoki Club, Founding Member
Say "no!" to expensive table tennis equipment. Please...
obesechopper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote obesechopper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/13/2017 at 11:59pm
If the ball has so much less spin, I wonder if defenders should swap to double inverted again!?

Sad seeing Wu Yang so forlorn... been my favorite player for years now!
berndt_mann View Drop Down
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote berndt_mann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 12:35am
Originally posted by JimT JimT wrote:

What i hate the most is the fact that we now have four or soon perhaps even more different types of balls / seam or no seam / celluloid, abs, other poly balls etc. Most of them have slightly different bounces, spin ability, speed, durability etc. This is truly frustrating. We have enough variety with rubbers and blades. Having to play different kind of TT every time you have to choose a different type of ball (which often is not your choice) is ridiculous and very annoying.

It's amazing how people claiming to do their best to improve table tennis have actually damaged it in a quite consistent manner over the last 20 years. And they are still running the show...

Unlike tennis, table tennis players have no union to represent them, so not suprisingly players are going to have to put up with whatever new balls, boosters, rubbers, blades and anything else the International Table Tennis Federation might see fit to come up with, such as all composite rackets or higher nets.  

And it's not just over the past twenty years that table tennis has been damaged by people claiming to do their best to improve it.  Table tennis has been a broken and unbalanced sport for almost six decades.  And though many of those who were running the show six decades ago are no longer with us, their descendants have managed to do a wonderful job of mucking up a once simple and straightforward sport beyond belief.
garwor View Drop Down
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garwor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/14/2017 at 5:36am
I can say that with nittaku premium I easily losibg to people who I normaly beat with other balls. With nittaku premium I cant return single short push, everything jumps up straight and too high. Worst playing experience ever.
Equipment database

Viscaria FL
fh: DHS Skyline neo tg2
bh: Xiom Vega pro

Boycott Marcos Freitas for hidden services!
icontek View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member
This is FPS Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote icontek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/15/2017 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by garwor garwor wrote:

I can say that with nittaku premium I easily losibg to people who I normaly beat with other balls. With nittaku premium I cant return single short push, everything jumps up straight and too high. Worst playing experience ever.

That's odd; those spin a bit more than the seamless Xu Shao Fa. 

You prefer XSF?
US1260.RC952 . Yasaka Gatien Extra : Target National + Rasant
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 11:04pm
The ABS balls are much more similar to the old celluloid than the polyballs are. Generally faster, more solid feeling, more spinny and as far as I could tell, a lot more uniform too.

Edited by Lightzy - 11/17/2017 at 11:31pm
Blades:
Palio King Yue (82g), Liu Shiwen ZLF (84g)

FH Rubber: 729 Battle II
BH Rubber: Skyline 3-60 soft / Palio AK47 Blue
Baal View Drop Down
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/17/2017 at 11:19pm
Lightzy is 100% correct about that except that I think he meant to write celluloid (pre-2014 material that we all liked), not cellulose. The polyball he refers to is made of cellulose acetate. They were used on pro tour from 2014 until earlier this year and are the terrible ones with low unpredictable bounce and which break constantly, and very far from what we had before. Just a minor clarification to prevent confusion, because his main point about ABS is correct.

JimT is also correct about the insanity of tbe last three years with all these different ball types. But I think ABS balls will dominate before too long and we will have the kind of uniformity we had in the celluloid era. Their quality/price ratio is why I predict that.

bbkon View Drop Down
Premier Member
Premier Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bbkon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 10:26am
Originally posted by obesechopper obesechopper wrote:

If the ball has so much less spin, I wonder if defenders should swap to double inverted again!?

Sad seeing Wu Yang so forlorn... been my favorite player for years now!

they should switch to spinnier sp. wu yang plays with spectol short pip
Lightzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lightzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/18/2017 at 12:20pm
Yes baal, that's what I meant. Thank you for the correction.

I was on 2 hours of sleep. It's only lucky I didn't refer to sucrose or corn syrup balls
Blades:
Palio King Yue (82g), Liu Shiwen ZLF (84g)

FH Rubber: 729 Battle II
BH Rubber: Skyline 3-60 soft / Palio AK47 Blue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic